• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I need help. I'm trying to get the Riddler Trophy on Bleake Island that requires the Forensics Scanner from the Batmobile. It's to the right of where you pull the Batmobile onto the roof of a building using the Power Winch. I've already watched two videos of people using the scanner and following the question marks on the ground, leading them to the trophy. However, NOTHING appears in my game. I've reset the game multiples times and there are absolutely no Riddler question marks appearing on the ground.

Can anyone help? It's absolutely infuriating. I hope it's not a glitch in my game.

Many of the riddles don't even show up until certain parts of the game. At least one doesn't appear until the very, very end, even though you get the clue almost at the beginning. Not a trophy that you can't access, but the thing you are supposed to scan doesn't physically appear until later on.

Oh, and latter part of the game boss fight spoilers:

Man,
the Joker singing while Robin defuses the bombs
is FANTASTIC.
Hamill
is the BEST.

Simo

I think that's actually
Arkham Asylum
, no?

Nope. Go to the Wayne Tower in Founder's Island and look off into the bay where the outskirts, or background, city turns in to the countryside.
You can't really miss it and there's even riddle attached with it. Yes you can see Arkham Asylum and Arkham City too.

VanWinkle

Finished the story. MAN what a great game. Fantastic. Couldn't believe all the crazy stuff that went on throughout.

I will now be doing most of the side content. I'm thinking I'll do a few more Riddler trophies, at least to just get
Catwoman
out (assuming that won't be a lot to do). I haven't even started like 5 of them, which I'm really excited about.

Nope. Go to the Wayne Tower in Founder's Island and look off into the bay where the outskirts, or background, city turns in to the countryside.
You can't really miss it and there's even riddle attached with it. Yes you can see Arkham Asylum and Arkham City too.

Cool! Will check it out when I get home this evening. Thanks for clarifying.

Zakalwe

Banned
Scarecrow convinced Harley, Two Face, and Penguin to come up with 3 billion dollars, so that the Arkham Knight can fund his army. You find this out through a taped conversation with Scarecrow.

I didn't realise those guys were that successful, especially Harley.

GeeTeeCee

I'm about 93% of the way through the game now, still no major irritations with the Batmobile, although finding the least few militia checkpoints is proving a pain.

Just found out the identity of the Arkham Knight
which was incredibly underwhelming. Back when the character was first revealed I ruled Jason Todd out as way too obvious. I still think Damian would have been the better choice.

At least I can soothe that disappointment with the sudden appearance of Deathstroke. This game is filled with unexpected cameos.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm about 93% of the way through the game now, still no major irritations with the Batmobile, although finding the least few militia checkpoints is proving a pain.

which was incredibly underwhelming. Back when the character was first revealed I ruled Jason Todd out as way too obvious. I still think Damian would have been the better choice.

At least I can soothe that disappointment with the sudden appearance of Deathstroke. This game is filled with unexpected cameos.

I agree with
Damian, I was expecting/hoping for that. When I saw the flashback with Jason though I knew what was coming.

The AK's whiny voice meant it had to be one of them, Damian has always been a little bitch and Jason was always angsty.

Zakalwe

Banned
this brutality trophy is insanly hard... no way i am ever gonna be able to do this...been trying for 10 hours +

Find an encounter that doesn't have a large variety of enemies. The AR challenge with Nightwing is good, there are a few door carrying enemies and a brute or two but mostly they're unprotected/unarmed enemies. Can take you're time.

Make sure you have the combo at +5 chain upgrade.

Luigi87

All I have left to do is find the remaining Riddler trophies/challenges (about 55% done there), and then beat the game... and then run through NG+ and I get the plat.

... I'm so over Riddler challenges, lol

idonteven

Find an encounter that doesn't have a large variety of enemies. The AR challenge with Nightwing is good, there are a few door carrying enemies and a brute or two but mostly they're unprotected/unarmed enemies. Can take you're time.

Make sure you have the combo at +5 chain upgrade.
im doing all that but seeing as ive been trying for 10 hours i dont think im ever gonna be able to get it ... and its the last trophy i need

anyone thats really good at it and wants to shareplay it for me ?

Kuldar

So I have only one riddle left to find and it's in Panessa Studio. On the map it's where
Robin is
. But when I try to scan it, it doesn't work. Will it be available before the end of the main story?

Am_I_Evil

so apparently there's a glitch in the game where if you complete all side missions first minus the riddler stuff, you get no ending and have to 100% the game for it to end....

this just happened to me last night and i'm pretty annoyed as i had no intention of doing all the riddler stuff...i did the stuff for Selina and that was enough for me...i don't need to treasure hunt...

apparently if i had left one other mission to do after completing the main story everything would have been fine (or more since you only need 7 complete to get an ending....)

GnawtyDog

Banned
Just finished the story. Will plat it by tomorrow or by the end of the week. So much Matrix in this game, Smith vs. Neo 2.0......heheh love it.

idonteven

so apparently there's a glitch in the game where if you complete all side missions first minus the riddler stuff, you get no ending and have to 100% the game for it to end....

this just happened to me last night and i'm pretty annoyed as i had no intention of doing all the riddler stuff...i did the stuff for Selina and that was enough for me...i don't need to treasure hunt...

apparently if i had left one other mission to do after completing the main story everything would have been fine (or more since you only need 7 complete to get an ending....)

thats no glitch

Am_I_Evil

thats no glitch

why do people keep saying this? (some people on reddit saying the same, others trying to explain what i'm about to)

there are 2 endings...if you complete 7 or more side things you can get the first ending...there is an additional ending if you complete 100%...i CANNOT get ANY ending...at all...i'm now stuck in the game until 100%....

how is that not a glitch?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So what is applied to the 100% for the Riddles solved? I've just gone through how many I have left and its 130 but I've got 151 so far so thats 281 yet I only need 243 for 100%. What areas can I avoid?

Edit: Going by numbers if I leave the Airship that will be 92 less which works out to 243.

why do people keep saying this? (some people on reddit saying the same, others trying to explain what i'm about to)

there are 2 endings...if you complete 7 or more side things you can get the first ending...there is an additional ending if you complete 100%...i CANNOT get ANY ending...at all...i'm now stuck in the game until 100%....

What happened at the end of the final mission? I had everything completed going into it apart from the Riddler stuff and it worked for me.

idonteven

so you got everyone in jail but not the riddler ?

Prepare to be massively disappointed with the confrontation.

Am_I_Evil

List down who you got in jail just in case.

i'd have to go look...but its everybody....every mission is at 100% minus the Riddler section...i also got
Deathstroke
if that's what you're wondering about since he was "secret"...i remember
Pyg, Two-Face, Man-Bat, Hush, Penguin, Blackfire, Firefly, Scarecrow
...can't think of anyone else right now but i'm not looking at the cell...

Fliesen

I hope that the Batmobile stealth part before
scarecrow releases cloudburst
is the worst of those sections. It wasn't that bad, but I died with one Cobra left and repeating it was pretty annoying.

I also managed to die during the part where
Joker sings and Robin defuses the bombs
. That was fucking awesome, possibly one of my favorite moments in the series.

This game seems heavy on moments like this and light as hell on actual boss fights. I'm not sure how I feel about this because the series has had some excellent boss fights in the past, and some not so great ones.

remember that you can make the Cobras look a certain way by shooting some wall.

so if you approach it from the side, simply shoot a wall beyond it and watch it turn its back on you.

Sullichin

remember that you can make the Cobras look a certain way by shooting some wall.

so if you approach it from the side, simply shoot a wall beyond it and watch it turn its back on you.

Yeah, the Cobra lure made this a lot easier. But I fumbled with the controls killing the last one. That + the annoying zoom out when targeted + my framerate tanking to 10fps while trying to escape (PC here) meant I got killed.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
i'd have to go look...but its everybody....every mission is at 100% minus the Riddler section...i also got
Deathstroke
if that's what you're wondering about since he was "secret"...i remember
Pyg, Two-Face, Man-Bat, Hush, Penguin, Blackfire, Firefly, Scarecrow
...can't think of anyone else right now but i'm not looking at the cell...

This is who I have locked up.

Azrael
Deacon Blackfire
Deathstroke
Firefly
Penguin
Pyg
Scarecrow
Simon Stagg
Two-Face
Hush
Chief Underhill
Man-Bat aka Kirk Langstrom

Cindro

Yo... [endgame spoilers] ... how do I
activate the Knightfall Protocol mission? I have 9/14 Most Wanted missions complete.... I thought the "second" ending was Bruce just mentioning Knightfall, but I've since read I should actually be able to do another mission at this point. There was nothing on my mission wheel to indicate this though, and and my bat symbol waypoint was just directing me towards the next Riddler mission.

I've encountered a fair few bugs during my playthrough (XB1 version), so maybe it's another one of those.

Am_I_Evil

Azrael
Deacon Blackfire
Deathstroke
Firefly
Penguin
Pyg
Scarecrow
Simon Stagg
Two-Face
Hush
Chief Underhill

i do not have
Azrael...i chose to walk out and not attack Batman
...I do have all the rest....but its still more than the required 7...

but i beat the story with everything done except riddler so i got NO ending at all...kind of sucks...

Ryne

Azrael
Deacon Blackfire
Deathstroke
Firefly
Penguin
Pyg
Scarecrow
Simon Stagg
Two-Face
Hush
Chief Underhill

How do you get
Simon Stagg
in jail? I'm having the same problem as the other two posters, I finished the game and
didn't get the knightfall ending... I'm being told that I still have 3 to capture

I got everyone on your list except for Simon Stagg, Deathstroke, Azrael, and Riddler

Cindro

Weeeeiiiird. As I mentioned a few posts up, I'm having the same problem... though I do NOT have every Most Wanted mission complete (but I do have more than the 7/14 threshold needed to trigger it).

Super lame. I was planning on getting 100% anyway, but it will take me a while.

Am_I_Evil

Weeeeiiiird. As I mentioned a few posts up, I'm having the same problem... though I do NOT have every Most Wanted mission complete (but I do have more than the 7/14 threshold needed to trigger it).

Super lame. I was planning on getting 100% anyway, but it will take me a while.

once you do one more it should trigger...you should be fine since you have other stuff left....

DukeBobby

Finally finished the main story and achieved 100% completion.

Man, the game goes sharply downhill after the
Harley Quinn
section. Aside from the last 20 minutes, I didn't enjoy any of the last 1/3 at all.

It's not any seven side missions. The first part of Knightfall is done by catching all of the main villains in the sidequests. Completing the bomb or outpost missions don't count towards that number. The second ending is 100% completion.

Zakalwe

Banned
Finally finished the main story and achieved 100% completion.

Man, the game goes sharply downhill after the
Harley Quinn
section. Aside from the last 20 minutes, I didn't enjoy any of the last 1/3 at all.

The final third of the game really ramps up and is easily the best part, absolutely fantastic especially from the moment Batman
reveals Bruce
onward.

im so close to just say fuck it and give up on this brutality trophy

I actually got it during a regular play session. Didn't make it a point to go for it or anything. But I would say, you probably will have a better time getting it doing it on the Nightwing/Batman challenge. Having two people will give you more variety of moves to use.

What I usually do is, everytime I get a takedown meter, I will perform a different move. First will be a regular takedown, second time will be the charged batarang, next meter it will be the charged batclaw takedown...etc etc....

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what do the rival points do in AR challenges?

Rival points are for the leaderboards and battling friends scores. You can 3 star a challenge, but getting above a certain time or score will add more rival points.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
i do not have
Azrael...i chose to walk out and not attack Batman
...I do have all the rest....but its still more than the required 7...

but i beat the story with everything done except riddler so i got NO ending at all...kind of sucks...

What happened at the ending for you?

Mine was coming to save Robin and Gordon, locking Joker away forever then beating Scarecrow and sending him to GCPD. After that Batman told Alfred to ready Nightfall which then I got the message saying to ready Nightfall I needed to capture Riddler and that a New Game+ was now available.

How do you get
Simon Stagg
in jail? I'm having the same problem as the other two posters, I finished the game and
didn't get the knightfall ending... I'm being told that I still have 3 to capture

I got everyone on your list except for Simon Stagg, Deathstroke, Azrael, and Riddler

He showed up in the jail cell with the others automatically.
Another thing I also did was talk to them all. I think for Nightfall you need to have 100%. Thats what its telling me on the mission menu.

idonteven

I actually got it during a regular play session. Didn't make it a point to go for it or anything. But I would say, you probably will have a better time getting it doing it on the Nightwing/Batman challenge. Having two people will give you more variety of moves to use.

What I usually do is, everytime I get a takedown meter, I will perform a different move. First will be a regular takedown, second time will be the charged batarang, next meter it will be the charged batclaw takedown...etc etc....

Rival points are for the leaderboards and battling friends scores. You can 3 star a challenge, but getting above a certain time or score will add more rival points.

been doing that for over 10+ hours and i still keep failing...cant even get over 10

DukeBobby

The final third of the game really ramps up and is easily the best part, absolutely fantastic especially from the moment Batman
reveals Bruce
onward.

It's just tank section after tank section, punctuated by an incredibly disappointing encounter with the Arkham Knight.

From a gameplay perspective, it's pretty poor.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The tank sections absolutely drag this game down. Especially when they are tied
to boss fights, which is even more egregious when there really aren't any in the game

Am_I_Evil

It's not any seven side missions. The first part of Knightfall is done by catching all of the main villains in the sidequests. Completing the bomb or outpost missions don't count towards that number. The second ending is 100% completion.

ok....not really the point though since i have them ALL done except for Riddler...

Am_I_Evil

What happened at the ending for you?

Mine was coming to save Robin and Gordon, locking Joker away forever then beating Scarecrow and sending him to GCPD. After that Batman told Alfred to ready Nightfall which then I got the message saying to ready Nightfall I needed to capture Riddler and that a New Game+ was now available.

that's also what i got...
but there's a first Knightfall ending you can get by getting the other cirminals in jail...but apparently getting them all first before scarecrow screws that up...Riddler is only SUPPOSED to be required for the extra part after the Knightfall ending...you should be able to trigger Knightfall after the other stuff....

Ok so, I have 100% completion except for Riddler.
Should I go to the Knightfall initiative?
or should I finish collecting all the Riddler stuff? Or does it matter?

Top Bottom