• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm on the last Azrael mission and I just can't fuckin' get all six blade-wielding bellends without being hit. I can counter fine, but dodging doesn't work.

E: I press dodge with each pull-back of the stick.

Ive given up trying to do the takedown. I just avoid.

I hate combat with knives. The dodge never seems to dodge.

Wasn't it always tap on knife? I may misremember, I haven't played the new game.

It's really easy when you get it down.

Hold back + Counter and you'll dodge the strikes. Hold them both, the entire time.

Hold back + Counter and after you dodge each strike quickly release and hold again to perform the takedown.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's really easy when you get it down.

Hold back + Counter and you'll dodge the strikes. Hold them both, the entire time.

Hold back + Counter and after you dodge each strike quickly release and hold again to perform the takedown.

Yes, I know how its supposed to work, but I am so unreliable with the timing that I rarely bother with it.

Ugh. Of course I have one trophy left and its for beating the game in new game +. I freaking hate that. What a wonderful idea for a trophy. Brilliant idea guys "oh uhh beat the game TWICE!"

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Ugh. Of course I have one trophy left and its for beating the game in new game +. I freaking hate that. What a wonderful idea for a trophy. Brilliant idea guys "oh uhh beat the game TWICE!"

Ill take that trophy over the AR challenges ones.

A lot of platinums will not be obtained because of that.

What is the point of going for all the 200+ something riddler trophies? You don't get the platinum for doing so and you can simply youtube the 5min ending which is pretty underwhelming. How do you have the time to collect all of them? My god, fuck the riddler, hes annoying asf.

What is the point of going for all the 200+ something riddler trophies? You don't get the platinum for doing so and you can simply youtube the 5min ending which is pretty underwhelming. How do you have the time to collect all of them? My god, fuck the riddler, hes annoying asf.

Eh, it doesnt really take that long to collect them. Most of them are really easy to find and figure out.

Mr Rivuz

The point is beating the crap out and arresting the piece of trash that mocked me for the whole game on every giant screen of Gotham.
Did this today, honestly had fun searching the trophies. Only time i got bored is when i missed only a few of them in founder's island and i thought there were no more riddler informants around... Then i noticed that the last trophies of Founder's Island were in the subway tunnels location, which has its own separate map.

Almost platinumed the game, only need to beat new game +. I guess it won't take long with full powered up batman and going only for the main quest.

Lima

How do you not have the time considering you are unemployed?

heh

AR Challenges aren't required to get 100% completion, right?

Not for the story, at least (there are trophies for completing them).

Just got my plat. Fuckin' awesome game. Really the only issues I have are that the tank battles are too easy/boring in the first part of the game, and the game is sorely lacking in combat and predator challenge maps. Freeflow combat and invisible predator mechanics have been honed to near-perfection, and the batmobile is mechanically great imo (my issues are mostly with the encounter design rather than how it actually plays). Outstanding aesthetics (graphics/sound), performance (on PS4), and perhaps the finest visual presentation of any game I've ever played. For me, this is an easy 9/10. Just a shame about those challenge maps.

Shaanyboi

Banned
To get 100% completion you only need to finish every single quest arresting every criminal.
AR challenges are needed only for a few trophies/achievement.

100% is everything on the Most Wanted wheel.

Not for the story, at least (there are trophies for completing them).

Just got my plat. Fuckin' awesome game. Really the only issues I have are that the tank battles are too easy/boring in the first part of the game, and the game is sorely lacking in combat and predator challenge maps. Freeflow combat and invisible predator mechanics have been honed to near-perfection, and the batmobile is mechanically great imo (my issues are mostly with the encounter design rather than how it actually plays). Outstanding aesthetics (graphics/sound), performance (on PS4), and perhaps the finest visual presentation of any game I've ever played. For me, this is an easy 9/10. Just a shame about those challenge maps.

cool

thanks duders

I'm on the last Azrael mission and I just can't fuckin' get all six blade-wielding bellends without being hit. I can counter fine, but dodging doesn't work.

E: I press dodge with each pull-back of the stick.

Use your projectile attacks (L2, Left trigger) to keep the others at bay while you takedown a particular one. And you're supposed to hold the triangle or Y button while holding the stick back. They'll attempt four swipes with their sword before you have an opening to attack them again.

malfcn

When I caught
Bell and Charisma
, I got the same scene with
Joker showing him a picture and beating him.
Was it supposed to be the same, and what was the picture?

Dominator

I have 53 AR stars, but that includes the Scarecrow ones. Those were super easy so I hope those still count towards the 69 lol

Also getting the 15 combat moves in one freeflow is so god damn hard.

antitrop

The Batmobile tank combat sections would be okay, if they introduced layers of complexity to it as you go, but they don't. They just keep throwing more waves of enemies at you in the sections, the farther you get into the game.

Shit, it just gets tedious as hell to take out 30 tanks with that slow-ass reloading cannon. Upgrades make it less tedious, but certainly not fun.

Vire

The Batmobile tank combat sections would be okay, if they introduced layers of complexity to it as you go, but they don't. They just keep throwing more waves of enemies at you in the sections, the farther you get into the game.

Shit, it just gets tedious as hell to take out 30 tanks with that slow-ass reloading cannon. Upgrades make it less tedious, but certainly not fun.

I think the upgrades do make it more fun though. The super hack ability is pretty satisfying, as well as the EMP blast that you get later on.

When all is said and done, taking out 10 vehicles at once feels pretty badass.

antitrop

It should be a rule that Platinum trophies in open-world games are able to be collected in one single playthrough.

Vire

Is this Riddler informant thing a glitch? I just flew around Bleak Island for at least 20 minutes looking for these last few trophies and no more informants are spawning.

Really frustrating getting these last 50 riddles or so.

I'm probably gonna finish this, and do much of the side stuff, but man, there's just something that's not totally grabbing me here. I figured 4 years or whatever it was away from the franchise would be enough, but some of this stuff just feels tedious to me now, and not all that satisfying. I might try bumping up the difficulty, although I doubt that's in anyway the solution. (it does look nice though)

I noticed that when playing AK on PC or XB1 the button prompts that the game gives look more like x360 buttons rather than XB1's.

It makes sense for the PC version since most still play with 360 controllers but why the XB1 version too? They look out of place and awkward just so they could look the same as the PC ones. Especially the RT/LT and the face button prompts scream Xbox 360 rather than XB1.

What gives?

antitrop

I think the upgrades do make it more fun though. The super hack ability is pretty satisfying, as well as the EMP blast that you get later on.

When all is said and done, taking out 10 vehicles at once feels pretty badass.

It frustrates me that there's no sensitivity setting in the options, because the controls are way too touchy and the dead-zone feels off. Non-issue on PC, but on PS4, there's nothing I can do about it. It feels sloppy to play.

Cubed

I actually got $43 store credit for this by trading it in at Gamestop on Wednesday... I didn't know they had decent trade-in values anymore.

The downside? I went into a Gamestop for the first time in about a year. Gross.

jediyoshi

I noticed that when playing AK on PC or XB1 the button prompts that the game gives look more like x360 buttons rather than XB1's.

It makes sense for the PC version since most still play with 360 controllers but why the XB1 version too? They look out of place and awkward just so they could look the same as the PC ones. Especially the RT/LT and the face button prompts scream Xbox 360 rather than XB1.

What gives?

What is it about the prompts that makes you say that? The start/select for any Xbox controller on either PC/XB1 is very explicitly the actual menu/view buttons.

I have a question related to me dying of a heart attack.

Is there more than one Man-Bat jump scare? i.e. every time a new mission activates in his chain? Because fuck that.

What is it about the prompts that makes you say that? The start/select for any Xbox controller on either PC/XB1 is very explicitly the actual menu/view buttons.
Aside from Start/Select the ABYX buttons have are full colored with the letter in black (like the 360 buttons) instead of having only the outline of the button and the letter with its color (you know, like xb1's buttons). And the RT/LT are white and angular pointing to one side like countless times I've seen in other 360 games giving the same prompt.

And yet in the PS4 version the face button prompts do have only the outlines colored with the shapes and the actual button, not all filled with color.

My oh-so-not-important point is: it looks like Rocksteady used only two versions of button prompts for the AK game: Dualschock4 for PS4 and Xbox 360 controller for both PC (which makes sense) and for the XB1 (which doesn't make sense).

Surprise cameo by a character I havent seen mentioned yet

If you go into Bruces office in Wayne tower there is a voicemail from Lex Luthor on the answering machine

Not going to happen unless its Ollie and Canary in a bigger Batman game.
Only reason they gave him a tv series is because Batman can't get a real series and they knew they could rip Batman off all they wanted for tv.

2nd rate Batman, no (great)villains that could carry a game and a dull city.

Though my hope for the next WB Montreal Batman game is,
Batman
Catwoman
Batgirl(Cassandra Cain)
Nightwing
Batwoman
Robin
Huntress
Green Arrow
Black Canary

Knight + Origins map and co-op.

Pretty sure Suicide Squad has been in the works for some time now at WB Montreal. Wouldn't be surprised if they coincide the release with the movie.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't it always tap on knife? I may misremember, I haven't played the new game.

It's tap and hold while the enemy is striking, release between swipes, and tap and hold for the strike.. etc. Some of the later game enemies do 4 strikes, so it's tap (like normal countering) but you hold, wait til the baddie is done with the swing, release, then repeat.

If you get all the swipes, you'll KO him.

carda114

Odd little thing I wish I had recorded, but I was wondering if anyone else had something similar happen. I re-entered
Arkham Knight HQ South looking for Riddler trophies and while I was down there I heard someone yell far off. I think I had Detective Mode on as well and it looked like somebody was falling somewhere else in the map. Couldn't find anything related to that afterwards. It's been bugging me and I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Attempted the Seek and Destroy AR challenge.
Its a shame because as much as I was hating a few of the tank challenges (Slumdog Billionaire and Untouchable), Seek and Destroy actually seemed like it could be fun.

Unfortunately it seems to be based exclusively on luck. You are tasked to kill 12 APCs in 2 minutes. It seemed like fun at first, but now it absolutely sucks and relies on things well beyond the player control.

Because in every single run (I must have attempted it 20 times) I can't locate anything remotely close to 12 APC. In several attempts I only came across between 1-3 APCs.

My besy attempt is where I found a whole bunch of them and managed to (in a crazy stroke of luck) get 10 with about 55 seconds remaining.

Low and behold not another one appeared.....

Just amazing....I seriously will ask again if Rocksteady actually had a crew playtest these....AR challenges.

Luigi87

Its a shame because as much as I was hating a few of the tank challenges (Slumdog Billionaire and Untouchable), Seek and Destroy actually seemed like it could be fun.

Unfortunately it seems to be based exclusively on luck. You are tasked to kill 12 APCs in 2 minutes. It seemed like fun at first, but now it absolutely sucks and relies on things well beyond the player control.

Because in every single run (I must have attempted it 20 times) I can't locate anything remotely close to 12 APC. In several attempts I only came across between 1-3 APCs.

My besy attempt is where I found a whole whord of them and managed to in a crazy stroke of luck get 10 with about 55 seconds remaining.

Just amazing....I seriously will ask again if Rocksteady actually had a crew playtest these....AR challenges.

That is a massive issue with the Batmobile based AR Challenges. These are supposed to be skill based, but each one uses some RNG which screws things up (meanwhile previous games Predator challenges did NOT do that). Cobra Tank missions are notoriously bad in that it can randomize some of their starting locations or directions.

Dominator

My besy attempt is where I found a whole bunch of them and managed to (in a crazy stroke of luck) get 10 with about 55 seconds remaining.

I somehow got this one on first try, I didn't have the issue you had. I found 1 and then others would always be driving by so after I smashed them (never shot the missiles, takes too long) I would turn around and just kept going.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I somehow got this one on first try, I didn't have the issue you had. I found 1 and then others would always be driving by so after I smashed them (never shot the missiles, takes too long) I would turn around and just kept going.

Yep, clearly luck based.

Why dont you try that again? I am curiousw if you will get as lucky again. I did have a few runs where I ran into between 5 and 7

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
That is a massive issue with the Batmobile based AR Challenges. These are supposed to be skill based, but each one uses some RNG which screws things up (meanwhile previous games Predator challenges did NOT do that). Cobra Tank missions are notoriously bad in that it can randomize some of their starting locations or directions.

Yeah, one of the people who recorded a walkthrough got extremely lucky in that almost all his Cobras spawned right behind one another so he could pick them off like they were nothing.

TheFatMan

All of these posts about the AR challenges and the Riddler Trophies make me very happy that I have never given a shit about either of those two things in Rocksteadys games haha.

Mostly because I have always found them annoying and tedious.

For those of you on NG+

I'm assuming the bridges are raised again until you reach that part of the story?

Reason why I ask is because collecting riddler trophies is a horrible experience when there's no music and I'd like to continue during the story of my NG+ run. Spotify isn't cutting it.

Top Bottom