• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Nori Chan

There was a leak showing the batgirl dlc will be released july 14th.

Found on the r/batmanarkham

EDIT: Holy crap, if you're an xbox one owner and have the season pass, you can download two skins, the bat mobile skin, and red hood dlc!

my games and apps> hit the menu button and press manage game> sit there until it shows "dlc ready to install" of course you have to have the season pass

For those of you on NG+

I'm assuming the bridges are raised again until you reach that part of the story?

Reason why I ask is because collecting riddler trophies is a horrible experience when there's no music and I'd like to continue during the story of my NG+ run. Spotify isn't cutting it.

You have to re-raise them on NG+.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ZcPgDCo.jpg

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃

And I still keep bringing up the damn mission menu when I want to pick a gadget.

For those of you on NG+

I'm assuming the bridges are raised again until you reach that part of the story?

Reason why I ask is because collecting riddler trophies is a horrible experience when there's no music and I'd like to continue during the story of my NG+ run. Spotify isn't cutting it.

Bridges raised, no trophies.

Edit: Sorry, trophies are there if you didn't collected them.

So for those who have finished it, how close am I to the end of the story?

I just left the movie theatre Harley bit and did the Hush side quest.

Vire

So for those who have finished it, how close am I to the end of the story?

I just left the movie theatre Harley bit and did the Hush side quest.
I wanna say like 70% but I can't remember, just hit right on the DPAD to bring up the completion percentages. It'll tell you how far you are in each mission (including the main story).

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
All of these posts about the AR challenges and the Riddler Trophies make me very happy that I have never given a shit about either of those two things in Rocksteadys games haha.

Mostly because I have always found them annoying and tedious.
In many ways that is the truly most disappointing thing about Arkham Knight.

The AR challenges IMO have been a rather lackluster substitute for the predator and combat challenge rooms from the precious Arkham games. Those were easily my favorite part about the other Arkham games, I still play the Arkham City and Arkham Origins challenges from time to time and they are as fun and addicting as they have ever been. These AR challenges especially those with the Batmobile are anything BUT that. Sure some of them are tolerable and I actually grew to like the races once I figured out how much easier they are in first person, but I do not ever see myself touching them again once I get the trophy for them. Assuming that I don't give up. some of them are just too frustrating and have actually given me a migraine.

Plu,s it just feels like the AR challenges were thrown together at the last minute.

Decided to just push through the story since the side missions were interrupting my flow. I'll go back and complete the missions. I looked up the 100% ending on YouTube but the gameplay itself is more entertaining for me.

Some thoughts:

The best Batman has ever looked, played, and controlled.

The Batmobile was fun to drive and a little monotonous to use as a tank. Cobra Tanks were hell.

Arkham Knight wasn't convincing. The buildup was too much and the surprise wasn't there.

The story lacked in areas and I think the game suffers from it. It left a lot of holes and question marks.

I would say it's not as good as Asylum but I will remember it more than Arkham City or Origins. Still, every entry in this series is a great game. Would recommend.

Sorry if this has been answered, but when a riddle shows up when you enter a room, how the hell do you see it again after it disappears? Other than leaving the room and returning. Really starting to annoy me now

Sorry if this has been answered, but when a riddle shows up when you enter a room, how the hell do you see it again after it disappears? Other than leaving the room and returning. Really starting to annoy me now

Select it on the map. The riddle will display on screen while you are in the area where it can be located.

Luigi87

[/img]http://i.imgur.com/ZcPgDCo.jpg[/img]

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃

And I still keep bringing up the damn mission menu when I want to pick a gadget.

I just have to NG+ to get the Plat.

... and I too keep hitting the D-Pad for my gadgets >_<

Korosenai

What is the point of going for all the 200+ something riddler trophies? You don't get the platinum for doing so and you can simply youtube the 5min ending which is pretty underwhelming. How do you have the time to collect all of them? My god, fuck the riddler, hes annoying asf.
I found them all in a couple days, it's not hard at all. And it's worth it for the Riddler fight because I honestly thought it was awesome.

What is the point of going for all the 200+ something riddler trophies? You don't get the platinum for doing so and you can simply youtube the 5min ending which is pretty underwhelming. How do you have the time to collect all of them? My god, fuck the riddler, hes annoying asf.

What do trophies get you? lol.

Mad gamer cred yo!!

Bitching about collectibles.....because you want collectibles.

Dominator

Anyone know if the Scarecrow AR challenges count towards the 69? It says I can obtain 78 of them but I don't know if it'll count for the trophy. I can only hope.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's really easy when you get it down.

Hold back + Counter and you'll dodge the strikes. Hold them both, the entire time.

Hold back + Counter and after you dodge each strike quickly release and hold again to perform the takedown.

I've been wondering about this thing since I started playing too, for some reason I can't get the timing down even though I had no problems in previous games.

Something about the timing/window of oppertunity seems off/different.

I've read so many here say they figured out who the Arkham Knight was before he revealed himself but I'm pretty far into the game and I still don't have a clue. Feeling dumb lol.

Then again I'm not super versed in the Batman universe so that might be why. I've watched a bunch of the cartoons and films but never read any of the comics.

SJRB

Gold Member
I've read so many here say they figured out who the Arkham Knight was before he revealed himself but I'm pretty far into the game and I still don't have a clue. Feeling dumb lol.

Don't worry about it, it's not that obvious at all. I could tell you why, but that'd be spoiler-ish. Just go with the flow.

I've been wondering about this thing since I started playing too, for some reason I can't get the timing down even though I had no problems in previous games.

I got it down now. It's slightly quicker than previous games. What I did...find a challenge map, i used tower defense, wait till the knife enemies spawn and just practice the new timing. You will have it down quick.

Then again I'm not super versed in the Batman universe so that might be why. I've watched a bunch of the cartoons and films but never read any of the comics.

I'm not super close to the end yet, and it hasn't been revealed, but there's a certain point (maybe 60%?) through where they've started dropping things that I cannot possibly believe are anything but giant flashing signs telling you who it is. In fact I am hoping this is just a giant red-herring because if it's who they seem to be pointing towards, I'll be extremely disappointed.

The Batmobile tank combat sections would be okay, if they introduced layers of complexity to it as you go, but they don't. They just keep throwing more waves of enemies at you in the sections, the farther you get into the game.

Shit, it just gets tedious as hell to take out 30 tanks with that slow-ass reloading cannon. Upgrades make it less tedious, but certainly not fun.

I dropped in all of my first upgrade points into canon reload, knew it was going to get annoying as fuck later in the game. Halfway through the game and my bat-tank is pretty much maxed out, one-shotting everyone except those triple-shot drones and missile turrets. Makes the tank battles lot more tolerable.

about the identity of the Arkham Knight,
i had a feeling it was one of the Robins but then they showed Nightwing and Tim so i felt stumped. i totally forgot about Jason, poor middle child. lol

so I am at 94% in the story and have everything 100%'d except for the riddler collectibles, if I finish the story will i screw anything up?

so I am at 94% in the story and have everything 100%'d except for the riddler collectibles, if I finish the story will i screw anything up?
Just watch the full ending on YouTube. I don't care about all the trophies.

Man, I loved the hell out of the storytelling in this game. A very rich experience even if some of the gameplay wasn't my favorite. I got chills, a few jump scares, and a really satisfying event.

Dominator

How do you quicklime weapons while gliding? I'm trying to figure it out but just can't lol

I have to do the 3 in one glide to unlock the last AR challenge race.

I am loving this game, so much stuff to do, put down witcher 3 for what i thought would be a small break but its sucked me in.

Unlike most i also love the batmobile, sure the tank combat can be annoying but the driving e.t.c is amazing, i pretty much use it any chance i get.

Even if i am only needing to go 3 blocks ill often fly down into the cockpit and drive . And i love leaving it parked standing high above and activating counter measures when thugs think they can destroy it.

The Blade Dodge Takedown is a little bit broken this time around. In Arkham City it was 100% reliable: you pull the stick back towards yourself, the camera will swing around so Batman and the dude he's countering are in line with you, then you hold and release between swings. In Arkham Knight, the camera doesn't swing around, so you have to push the stick 'back' relative to wherever Batman is facing. Except sometimes the camera does swing around, and it's impossible to predict.

It's just not a reliable move any more, which is unfortunate because it was a huge points-earner Arkham City. It and the Ground Takedown are worth 100 points, but the Blade Dodge Takedown is much safer, so I'd always leave all the knife-wielders in play until the very end of the fight and then rack up gigantic scores. A 100 point move with a x50 combo is a cool 5,000 points each time.

Mr Rivuz

LOL me too!

Congrats for the platinum, i'm almost there. Yesterday i finished all the AR challenge, they were easier than i thought, and now i only have to end the story in ng+
Awesome game, has been a while since the last game that made me play so many hours in so few days...

Vyer

There is a firefighter rescue that is just kicking my ass and makes me want to throw the controller through a fucking wall. It's got like three shield guys, three stun baton guys and two knife guys plus other thugs in this little corner. I guess I need to get the upgrades that deal with the batons but holy fuck is this pissing me off.

Korosenai

For anyone who downloaded the season pass for this on Xbox One, go manage your game and check your ready to install section. Just randomly got ready to installs for two batman skins, bat mobile skin, and the red hood dlc. Downloading them now and will edit this post if they work.

There is a firefighter rescue that is just kicking my ass and makes me want to throw the controller through a fucking wall. It's got like three shield guys, three stun baton guys and two knife guys plus other thugs in this little corner. I guess I need to get the upgrades that deal with the batons but holy fuck is this pissing me off.

Might be one i got stuck on for awhile, i eventually ran to the streets to fight and called in my car which hilariously took out 2/3rs of em.

I always panic with electricity guys

munchie64

Holy shit I'm a god damn idiot. Mid Game gameplay spoiler:
When you have to look into the mirror to input the code, I didn't think about flipping the image. Batman got upset and punched the box LOL

Blader

Finished the story this morning. I really dug the presentation of the whole final sequence, but was disappointed that
there was no actual final battle... the last story fight is with the mob of Jokers.

Also, is my game glitched? I've done 10/14 most wanted missions (Riddler, bombs, milita compounds, and firemen rescue are the only ones unfinished), which I thought would at least be enough to get the
incomplete Knightfall Protocol ending. But I can't get the KP prompt to appear in front of the Batsignal at all.
I already watched both endings anyway on youtube -- and they seem really lame and definitely not worth the effort :lol -- but I was a little annoyed I couldn't at least get the first one because I should have met that one's requirement at least.

antitrop

Does anyone actually like this Total Recall-ripoff "boss fight" against
the Arkham Knight
?

I'm in shock at how terrible this is, and how awful the entire mission leading up to this point has been (elevator shaft puzzles are not fun).

Top Bottom