• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Bookman

I tried installing in and now my Xbox is suddenly having problems reading discs. This night didn't turn out so well, I'll look in to it more in the morning. My initial research makes it look like I may have a defective One.[/QUOTEude]

Dude thats terrible, happend to me with ninja gaiden on my 360, had taken the day off and Everything.. best of luck 2 you

Had to wait an extra half hour to start Arkham Knight since my internet was downloading slow, but god damn this game is awesome.

Batmobile parts are a lot of fun. Dunno what all the fuss about it was.

Karak

So, has anyone actually played the xbox one version? Is there any reviews that been made on xbox one? Hows is it compared to the ps4 version?

I have a bunch, most of my review is based on it. It looks identical to PS4 though a little less soft. I prefer the picture actually. FPS is bog standard as well.

greenegt

batman-arkham-knight-skin.png

Looks like a pissed off kid who's mom got him the wrong Halloween costume.

ironcreed

Banned
how's it run on x1?

Beautifully so far. It can look pretty nice as well.

On a side note, combat flows faster and feels more brutal. I am also loving the batmobile. It controls so easily that it is a pleasure to drive. It also adds another dimension to the combat, so I am glad it's here. I have already put my worries aside on that.

A few quick shots:

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Played it for about an hour and a half on xbox one (digital).

An unbelievably beautiful game. Probably the most inpressive game I have ever seen.

It definitely starts looking better once you get going. The game feels like a strong update all around.

Nice. I was nervous about getting the hang of the controls and being rusty but everything I have played up until now has helped work through that. Batmobile clicked fast.

Red Comet

Wow. I've only been playing for about an hour, but I'm absolutely in love with the Batmobile so far. I was super skeptical of this, but it seems to have been implemented fantastically. I don't even mind the tank stuff like I thought I would.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow. I've only been playing for about an hour, but I'm absolutely in love with the Batmobile so far. I was super skeptical of this, but it seems to have been implemented fantastically. I don't even mind the tank stuff like I thought I would.

I just know I'm going to get tired of it quick, especially after that powering up mission...I didn't enjoy that at all and it's going to happen so often I know it.

Karak

It still felt like the world is coated in grease to me though. But I got used to Batmobile Tokyo Drift Edition.

malfcn

Got my midnight copy home and talked with a friend for 2 hours..now installing.

The LE box is huuuge. Didn't think it'd be this big.

LOL!

Villain spoiler, after
Ace Chemical plant
part of the game.

I was fighting a nasty mob guarding one of the lost firefighters. Knives, electric sticks, shields, guns. I'm not sure what triggered it, but one of the thugs turned into Joker! Perhaps it was my low HP causing hallucinations? The way they implemented Joker in this game is hilarious.

I could be criminally wrong but on first impression, it seems as though this Gotham will be smaller than the last game's. It is definitely accomodating a lot of street space for the batmobile. We'll see.

I wouldn't call it perfect since the batmobile stuff can slow down and tear quite a lot, and considering how fast it is it can be a bit distracting. Everything else is pretty good though, beautiful game for sure, I especially love the lighting.

Well, I didn't watch the Batmobile video. Haha.

I originally just typed fine. Maybe I should have left it like that. Heh.

Durden77

-Went to midnight launch to get physical copy of game

-2 hours later I still am not playing it because of the 4 DLCs and massive day 1 patch

God I hate this age of gaming sometimes. Oh well, it'll be worth it....but I'm barley going to have any time to play this tonight now.

neoism

so this bull shit is really fucking pissing me off.. 19 hours for one fucking update file...

does update files not install in rest mode??? i had it in rest mode for like 40 minutes thinking it my download faster.. nope didnt download shit..

whhhy does psn cost money again its not using my full internet connection....

There are so many little details, it's insane. In the intro sequence, if you zoom in on some of the newspapers/books people read, it's not gibberish or nondescript scribbles 90% of the time, but stuff that you can actually read.

Speaking of which, I wonder what godlike easter eggs people will find, and if it'll point to their next project the same way Asylum and City did.

Karak

There are so many little details, it's insane. In the intro sequence, if you zoom in on some of the newspapers/books people read, it's not gibberish or nondescript scribbles 90% of the time, but stuff that you can actually read.

Speaking of which, I wonder what godlike easter eggs people will find, and if it'll point to their next project the same way Asylum and City did.

Reminded me of the first time I read book covers in Dead Rising 1 on the 360

Is anyone else having trouble ejecting into a glide from the Batmobile?

It says to double tap X and hold but absolutely nothing is happening when I did so.

DrBo42

Is anyone else having trouble ejecting into a glide from the Batmobile?

It says to double tap X and hold but absolutely nothing is happening when I did so.

It unlocks later or you have to put points in. Can't remember which. The move list fooled me when I played as well.

sugarman

I was feeling pretty rusty at first but man this game is really good. The Batmobile is really fun and feels so natural to use.

Really glad I preloaded earlier today and skipped all that craziness.

I'm having a really hard time remembering to use X for braking instead of left trigger. Keep popping the turret out and firing a shot every time I want to stop the batmobile. Lol

ironcreed

Banned
I was feeling pretty rusty at first but man this game is really good. The Batmobile is really fun and feels so natural to use.

Really glad I preloaded earlier today and skipped all that craziness.

Yeah, it feels like the ultimate Arkham for sure. Improvements to pretty much everything and the batmobile absolutely does not feel shoehorned in. It feels as mean as you would expect and want it to and it is fun as hell to blast around in.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Love the game so far until.... I did the first Riddler Challenge. What the fuck was THAT? Jesus Christ

Top Bottom