• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Lingitiz

I actually quite like the Batmobile and the way they implemented it into getting through areas. I was worried I'd hate using it but it feels great and fits right into the game.

Aikidoka

Yeah it seems the story will be pretty poor - I'll need to play this when I'm in a mood to not think too much to enjoy the experience.

Durden77

Patch download keeps going slower and slower. After being super hype at the GS midnight launch, I now feel like I'm about to pass out and haven't even played it. That's dissapointing.

Jesus Christ holy jumpscare Batman!

Fuck this game has jumpscares? Man I hate those...

erawsd

I could be criminally wrong but on first impression, it seems as though this Gotham will be smaller than the last game's. It is definitely accomodating a lot of street space for the batmobile. We'll see.

The map is split into 3 parts that you unlock as you progress the story.

Holy fuck, when (actual spoiler)
Joker is behind you and shouts "Missed me?!"
I jumped sky high, immediately followed by
Batman popping up behind Gordon in the fear sequence...
Fuck, I actually got scared.

I'm fucking loving this so far.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Still enjoying the game but I hope driving the Batmobile through Riddler courses becomes second nature soon, because that first experience was really rough and felt out of place.

Also, is there a way of telling if you've completed Batmobile challenges that I'm missing? Even the ones I've done look the same on the map as the new one.

Lol what? I cancelled the Batman Arkham Knight LE but I still got the code for the game from Amazon UK. So I contacted them to make sure I'm not charged and thankfully I'm not and apparently the code would be invalid. The question I've been debating is should I try them ? Okay so they do work but I'm not going to use them just incase something happens.

DrBo42

Bah. My chill medicine will not like this. Hope it gets out of the way quick.

I can release you from your torment. Very mild spoiler here regarding the scare:
You'll eventually grapple out in the city and the camera will cut to something on that roof, just as you're about to pass it. Scared the shit out of me. Side mission thing so you can't know exactly when. Only one though.

I am getting my copy tonight, but don't want to have to wait for the patch to download. Is it advisable to play without the patch installed, and just download it in the background?

cyba89

Ugh, started the preload on steam and let it download overnight. I had like 2GB left to download, when I restarted my PC in the morning because of the AMD Driver update. After the restart steam said I have around 300MB of the game and now I have to download everything again. -.-

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So many callbacks and references to the previous games(especially City) that only a few hours in and I have the urge to replay that game just to remember some of the shit being mentioned properly.

Tansut

So I'm not able to pick this game up and play it until sometime tomorrow. Are you seriously not able to even start the game until the patch finishes downloading? Sorry if that's already been answered or asked or both.

JonnyKong

Pretty sure I found an Easter egg last night involving
The Iron Giant
which is something I NEVER expected to see in this game.

Only played like 30 minutes but HOLY SHIT the game looks amazing.

I played three hours and I still couldn't believe how amazing it looks. The city, the people, indoor environments that you could run through in 5 seconds. It is unbelievable what they've managed to create.

Durden77

I can release you from your torment. Very mild spoiler here regarding the scare:
You'll eventually grapple out in the city and the camera will cut to something on that roof, just as you're about to pass it. Scared the shit out of me. Side mission thing so you can't know exactly when. Only one though.

Appreciate it, and the vaugeness.

Yep already got caught twice now. D:

I'm hoping the first time was what was shown at the Sony E3 conference and the second time is what DrBo42 just told me.

Oh man, you can punch the militia guy in the GCPD cell through the jailbars to get him to stop talking shit.

This game is killing it when it comes to the little things.

Top Bottom