• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Ohhhh so THAT'S why the update is taking fucking forever to download. I just picked up the PS4 version (I want to play as Batgirl tomorrow :\ fucking PC version grr) and was starting to get annoyed at how long this first patch was taking lol

something is wrong with my download speed :_: used to take hours to download stuff and now 3.6gb is done in 5 min

If you actually pause and restart the download, sometimes it hits this magical spot where it downloads everything super fast, it goes back to being shit every once in a while though.

GravyButt

Thank you. For some reason my youtube app isnt loading anything. I got the incomplete ending but was curios what the main ending was. Thanks!

SomTervo

I don't think you've read much Sherlock Holmes.

I wrote essays about all the texts at university.

The majority of the stories deal with 'side villains' and 'side mysteries' that dont involve Moriarty and are essentially throwaway in terms of high level character development or canonical plot. But whenever the crux of the story actually comes down to Holmes' being pushed really hard, his personality or big character development, it comes down to Addler (Talia Al Ghul), Watson (Robin) or
Moriarty (Joker). He's the ying to Holmes' yang and turns up whenever huge canonical things are happening for Holmes.

Bracketed are the crux of my analogy. Talia was tied up past game, I havent 100%ed Arkham Knight yet so i dont know how totally important Robin is, but Joker is key to the majority of Batman-universe plot developments, since the 80s.

Edit: if you're referring to how little he's in Holmes in comparison to Joker in Bman, then you missed my point.

Edit: written on a phone, sorry for mediocre rhetoric.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
And just like that, all side missions completed. Fuck you Riddler.
That cutscene between Catwoman and Batman though, how depressing. T-T
And now it's time
to go save Robin.
I'm guessing the rest of the showcase models will unlock by completing the story?

So....finally beat Riddler and got to see the ending. uhh...
Ok, so what the hell was that at the end? I suppose its Bruce back as Batman, but more supernaturally looking? And where the hell did the AK go? He just shows up for a few seconds to snipe, and that was it?

It's Bruce using the Scarecrow's gas. Bruce fakes his death because the Batman has no purpose when everyone knows who he is.

Why would Bruce fake his own death just to become the Batman again? Also, I dont think Bruce would use fear gas...just doesnt seem like something he would do.

Alienous

And just like that, all side missions completed. Fuck you Riddler.
That cutscene between Catwoman and Batman though, how depressing. T-T
And now it's time
to go save Robin.
I'm guessing the rest of the showcase models will unlock by completing the story?

You should have all of them by the time the main story and all of the side missions are completed, yes.

hbkdx12

Why would Bruce fake his own death just to become the Batman again? Also, I dont think Bruce would use fear gas...just doesnt seem like something he would do.

I watched it on youtube like a week ago so i don't remember it verbatim but In the voice over
Gordon is saying something about the things people fear the most are the things they can't put a face to or something to that effect

At the end of the game everyone openly knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman. By killing Bruce Wayne it gives the villains of Gotham a false sense of security that Batman no longer exists and that he isn't some all knowing/seeing entity that people know nothing about.

But killing Bruce Wayne also means Batman has no need to be Bruce Wayne and can just be batman and by using the fear toxin as batman, the thugs will be overcome by they're biggest fears, whether that's batman or whatever else. So hypothetically, if the thugs at the end are consumed by the fear of batman and then tell other people that batman's still out there, no one will believe it because as far as everyone knows Bruce Wayne/Batman is dead and even if they do it just further gives power to the legend of batman and keeps them under control as batman "may" still be out there. Better yet, if their biggest fear isn't batman and are they're seeing a lumberjack coming at them, for argument's sake, then they wouldn't even have a reason to even allude to the idea that batman is still in the wings somewhere. It's win-win

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The one game-changing tip for the tank AR challenges is to use the Vulcan machine-gun to shoot the neon critical-points on the Drones, rather than just Main Canoning them.

If you destroy drones with a machine-gun critical hit on the neon light (needs pinpoint aiming, but isn't too hard) you get a lot more combo build up. Literally two critical kills and you'll have a full green-bar for special attacks, you'll start building a 'Critical Combo' which ups your points hugely, and you can start spamming square or triangle to Missile or Hack the remaining drones. It takes a few tries to get your Critical Combo flow right in the opening 30 seconds, but once you start using this tactic your score flies up and it's not too hard to get the three stars.

I seem to be in a tiny minority, but I really, really enjoyed that part of the game. It only took me two tries and I found it intense in a good way. I would have really liked a fistfight with AK, too, but hey. Beggars can't be choosers.

Goddamnit. That is ingenious.
It may not be hard for you but it's damn near impossible for me. I am fully aware of the machine gun leading to one Shot kills, but it was much much easier said than done. It's very hard for me to do precision aiming in a very quick fashion, which is what those challenges require.

The problem with those challenges is that you have almost no margin for error. If you miss just once you're pretty much screwed. Is certainly go for those precision shots, but far too often I'd miss and before I know it I am in the crossfire of many different tanks and just getting spammed non stop with missiles.

It's not like combat or predator challenges where you can have some wiggle room to fix a mistake. In combat challenges you can easily jump spam to get yourself in a better position and avoid getting hit.

Because of my slower reflexes, I am at a major disadvantage when it comes to fast paced action like the batmobile sections. Combat and predator challenges are slower paced and much more methodical.

If I were to consider the batmobile in terms of just the game, I can say I merely didn't like it and was sick of it by the end of the game, but when considering the AR challenges it becomes the most hated thing I have seen in a game in quite some time.

Does anybody know if the trophy for the 5 critical hits on tanks all have to be within the same combo? Im having a hell of a time getting consecutive shots

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Does anybody know if the trophy for the 5 critical hits on tanks all have to be within the same combo? Im having a hell of a time getting consecutive shots
Yes, there are videos on YouTube describing it, but I found there methods didn't work very well for me.

The best place to do it is on the untouchable map since the enemies are stationary and you know you're not accidently getting hit.

I watched it on youtube like a week ago so i don't remember it verbatim but In the voice over
Gordon is saying something about the things people fear the most are the things they can't put a face to or something to that effect

At the end of the game everyone openly knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman. By killing Bruce Wayne it gives the villains of Gotham a false sense of security that Batman no longer exists and that he isn't some all knowing/seeing entity that people know nothing about.

But killing Bruce Wayne also means Batman has no need to be Bruce Wayne and can just be batman and by using the fear toxin as batman, the thugs will be overcome by they're biggest fears, whether that's batman or whatever else. So hypothetically, if the thugs at the end are consumed by the fear of batman and then tell other people that batman's still out there, no one will believe it because as far as everyone knows Bruce Wayne/Batman is dead and even if they do it just further gives power to the legend of batman and keeps them under control as batman "may" still be out there. Better yet, if their biggest fear isn't batman and are they're seeing a lumberjack coming at them, for argument's sake, then they wouldn't even have a reason to even allude to the idea that batman is still in the wings somewhere. It's win-win

I thought about the fear gas thing, but that seems a bit excessive. Besides how would he infect the criminals before hand without them noticing, and also having it not affect innocents??

Just took out the Cloudburst. God that was frustrating. In the end, I decided to NOT run and simply
sit in front of it and fire away round after round at its core while destroying the missiles with the vulcan. That actually did the trick :l

I'm pretty certain I figured out who the Arkham Knight is as well, it all became pretty obvious after
they showed the Jason Scott flashbacks where the Joker basically broke his will and got him to confess his hatred for Batman. He's literally the only character with a motive that fits.
The annoying this is that this very simple observation seems to evade the "world's greatest detective :l

Anywho, that aside, I'm enjoying the game. It doesn't seem to be nearly as good as City due to the lack of boss battles and the wonky Batmobile/tank mechanics, but it's visually fantastic, the narrative is well done, and the core Batman gameplay is still satisfying.

Just took out the Cloudburst. God that was frustrating. In the end, I decided to NOT run and simply
sit in front of it and fire away round after round at its core while destroying the missiles with the vulcan. That actually did the trick :l

That's what your suppose to do. Alfred even says to Batman that you have to face it head on.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I wish we could embed gifv on GAF because this is hilarious: http://i.imgur.com/EYznpYe.gifv
EYznpYe.gif

Just remove the V :p

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
What do you guys think is next for Rocksteady? Do you think this game is a fitting end to the series or would you like to see them do more Batman? Or would you rather see them tackle a different super hero? If so, which one? Or would you rather them handle an original IP?

delSai

What do you guys think is next for Rocksteady? Do you think this game is a fitting end to the series or would you like to see them do more Batman? Or would you rather see them tackle a different super hero? If so, which one? Or would you rather them handle an original IP?

I would love a Batman Beyond game by Rocksteady but i think its time to give Bats a break. Justice League could be next maybe.
Original, new IPs are always a good thing, but i want more games based on Comics, so no, i want them to keep working on whatever IP Warner has for them.
Other than that, is Predator IP owned by WB? I think they could do a pretty cool game with that.

gif

Just remove the V :p

Holy shit lmao

Kinsei

Banned

I haven't beaten the game so I don't know if it's a great send off for Batman, but I'd love for their next game to be a Green Lantern game.

I would love a Batman Beyond game by Rocksteady but i think its time to give Bats a break. Justice League could be next maybe.
Original, new IPs are always a good thing, but i want more games based on Comics, so no, i want them to keep working on whatever IP Warner has for them.
Other than that, is Predator IP owned by WB? I think they could do a pretty cool game with that.

Pretty sure Predator is owned by FOX.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Just started playing the Batgirl DLC. Seems to have that 3D Metroidvania feel like Asylum, which I loved. I hope that it will be long

VanWinkle

Just started playing the Batgirl DLC. Seems to have that 3D Metroidvania feel like Asylum, which I loved. I hope that it will be long

It is playable today for season pass owners? Take a few screenshots! Also, can you get a glimpse at how big the playable area is? I am thinking about buying the season pass but I want to make sure this specific DLC is good.

Picked this up a few days ago and really enjoying it. I like the open world environment and traversal but also like that there are indoor and more tightly designed areas too. Reminds me of Sly 2 on a much larger scale.

Production quality is quite amazing. Side mission types are a little repetitive but the game lets you choose what to focus on so you don't have to grind them out all at once which helps a lot.

Naar

I dont know where to post it but i guess this thread will do as a new update came out just now

Most of the time i put my ps4 in rest mode, usually to get updates and such while im away/busy/sleeping/etc

But i cannot remember a time where i turned on my ps4 and an update was already downloaded and installed

It will start the download of the update as i turn the ps4 on. Is this because my ps4 has to be off a certain amount of time before it will automatically download? I feel i usually turn my ps4 within hours of any update that comes out

I tried remote play and buying from my phone and downloading to my ps4 etc and it all works fine

Just that i never seem to get an update done until i turn my ps4 on :(

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
It is playable today for season pass owners? Take a few screenshots! Also, can you get a glimpse at how big the playable area is? I am thinking about buying the season pass but I want to make sure this specific DLC is good.

Wait wut?

I thought this wasn't out till tomorrow?

It's already the 14th in some countries and the PS store auto-updated and has the DLC available for Season Pass owners. I'm liking it so far, the map seems to be bigger and more open than the two big DLCs of City and Origins. Will try to post some screens asap

On PS4, the only update note is "Support for 'A Matter of Family' additional content."

That's weird, the first patch released on 6/23 also said "Support for 'A Matter of Family' additional content". Maybe this is just the unlock key/final part and that's why it downloaded so fast for everyone (myself included)?

aristotle

That's weird, the first patch released on 6/23 also said "Support for 'A Matter of Family' additional content". Maybe this is just the unlock key/final part and that's why it downloaded so fast for everyone (myself included)?

I believe that's it. When mine started to download, it was already over 90% completed.

AsfaeksBR

This game is so good I'm considering getting the Season Pass.
Anyone here thinks it's worth it right now? Is there enough content already, or should I wait a little bit?

Kinyou

This game is so good I'm considering getting the Season Pass.
Anyone here thinks it's worth it right now? Is there enough content already, or should I wait a little bit?
Right now you'll get all the pre-order bonuses in case you missed those and the Batgirl DLC which is being released today and is the first proper season pass dlc.

In case you wonder what else is planned for the season pass, WB released some details:

First of all, there will be at least three different story expansions released within the first six months after the game launches. The first expansion is called Batgirl: A Matter of Family, which will be set before the events of the main game, and take place in an entirely new location not featured in Batman: Arkham Knight. This add-on marks the first time that players have been able to control Batgirl in any capacity in the Arkham games.

The second story expansion is called The Season of Infamy, and this add-on will star the Caped Crusader himself in a new adventure. This particular expansion will revolve around a group of “legendary super-villains” invading Gotham. Besides the new missions that will be added to tell this new story arc, players can also expect The Season of Infamy to bring brand new gameplay mechanics to the table as well, though what those gameplay mechanics are exactly have yet to be revealed.

Gotham City Stories is the third and final story add-on that will be included in the Season Pass for Batman: Arkham Knight. Gotham City Stories is said to center around “Batman’s key allies”, which will likely mean Catwoman, Nightwing, and Robin, as they are the other “playable” characters in the game. Gotham City Stories will take place simultaneously during and after the events of Batman: Arkham Knight.

Besides story add-ons, other content is being added as well in the Season Pass. Fans can look forward to themed race tracks and Batmobiles based on Batman properties throughout the 75-year existence of the character.

In addition to the previously discussed content, the season pass will also gift players with new Crimefighter Challenge maps. Challenge maps have been a staple of the series since the beginning, and the news challenge maps will be playable by Batman as well as the other playable characters.

http://gamerant.com/batman-arkham-knight-season-pass-dlc-details-batgirl/

Prologue

AsfaeksBR

Right now you'll get all the pre-order bonuses in case you missed those and the Batgirl DLC which is being released today and is the first proper season pass dlc.

In case you wonder what else is planned for the season pass, WB released some details:

http://gamerant.com/batman-arkham-knight-season-pass-dlc-details-batgirl/

Nice. I'm actually kind of busy this week, so I'll wait and see how long the Batgirl DLC is since I won't be able to play it so soon.
And yes, I lost the previous DLC's, so I'll probably get it as soon as I can so I can 100% it

Top Bottom