• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

No early reviews of the Batgirl DLC? :/

Warner Bros. doesn't seem to give out DLC review codes.

It's good to know that it's already out in some places, though, because I came here to ask if people thought it'd be up by midnight in North America. I'm itching to play it.

EDIT: What's the download size?

lcap

So guys, I have just finished the game (100%) and went to play the Harley story pack. Even its short, I found the encounters quite fun with the jack in the box and stuff.

One thing I'm wondering...I preordered from the psn, so I won't be able to play the red hood story pack? If not, when do these exclusive dlc come out for everyone?

erawsd

So guys, I have just finished the game (100%) and went to play the Harley story pack. Even its short, I found the encounters quite fun with the jack in the box and stuff.

One thing I'm wondering...I preordered from the psn, so I won't be able to play the red hood story pack? If not, when do these exclusive dlc come out for everyone?

If you own the Season pass it'll be available in the fall.

Alright Riddler, you're getting on my nerves.

Taking a break from him and the militia missions (have a few watchtowers and bomb defusing missions left)

Time for Batgirl :D

Whoever is playing the Batgirl DLC please come back with impressions. Even though I won't be able to play this till August 7th I just want to know if the season pass is worth it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ok, just beat the game, extra ending after the credits? Absolutely amazing sequence btw. I can see why some would be very frustrated with having to complete all the side content beforehand.
And OFC the joker is singing during the credits
Holy shit solid 9.5/10 game for me.

Ok, just beat the game, extra ending after the credits? Absolutely amazing sequence btw. I can see why some would be very frustrated with having to complete all the side content beforehand.
And OFC the joker is singing during the credits
Holy shit solid 9.5/10 game for me.

Agree with you on that score, loved every second of it

I can see why some would be very frustrated with having to complete all the side content beforehand.
I can't tbh. It's only
a cutscene and there's no gameplay missed out on except for going up to the GCPD roof. If you had to play as a different character or something afterward
, then I'd understand. As it is, YouTube would suffice.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I can't tbh. It's only
a cutscene and there's no gameplay missed out on except for going up to the GCPD roof. If you had to play as a different character or something afterward
, then I'd understand. As it is, YouTube would suffice.
Just the buildup to it.
You're finished, everyone is caught, nothing left to do now but activate the Knightfall protocol.
just feels more immersive than "Shit I still gotta collect those riddles."

Vire

Been playing a half hour now and just encountered some of the worst game design I've ever seen :/

Edit: The DLC.

Ya can't leave me hanging like that? What was so bad about it? Also did you like Arkham Knight? Could you post any screens?

Thanks.

Sounds to me like one would have to be able to download the activation for the DLC from the PS Store to play it. It's not up on the NA PSN, so I'm going to guess we have to wait until 12 AM EST.

I love Arkham Knight. Timed bombs that are ridiculously unreasonable so you do a fight and the clock's ticking only to find that you have 5 seconds to hack a password where there's multiple options 2 words on each side. Took me 3 times and was ridiculously frustrating. And now I'm posting again because the exact same shit is happening. Finished a fight only to realise that I had to sprint to disarm a bomb. On my 3rd attempt now it's ridiculous and not fun at all. Also getting glitches I didn't get in AK and Batgirl is like Batman with less gadgets.
The bomb stuff sounds kind of awesome. A very Batman-universe type situation. Those two moments on AA stood out as being exciting.

Just finished watching a playthrough of the DLC.

Seems shorter than Cold, Cold Heart, and about as long as Harley Quinn's Revenge. Maybe a bit shorter. Definitely not as short as the Harley Quinn and Red Hood Story DLCs. Seems like it's reminiscent of the Panessa Studios sequence from the main game, since you have Robin around to switch to occasionally. Babs can use her hacking device to mess with machinery around thugs. (For example, she can remotely activate a panel to electrocute a thug, or activate one of Joker's traps to unleash Joker's gas on unwitting thugs). Concludes with a dual play boss fight against both Joker and Harley Quinn. Looks like it's pretty similar to the Nightwing and Black Mask boss fights from the Harley Quinn/Red Hood DLC, since there's a ton of thugs to distract you as well. There's a bit more flashiness on display though, since there's a QTE that can be activated that's a bit similar to the Deathstroke fight from Origins.

Beating the above puts you at 100% for DLC completion, so after beating it, there's not much to do but go for the PSN trophies/XBL achievements. (After beating it, you're free to roam the park, apparently, so that was probably the intention) There doesn't appear to be any additional skins available for her, either.

Vire

I love Arkham Knight. Timed bombs that are ridiculously unreasonable so you do a fight and the clock's ticking only to find that you have 5 seconds to hack a password where there's multiple options 2 words on each side. Took me 3 times and was ridiculously frustrating. And now I'm posting again because the exact same shit is happening. Finished a fight only to realise that I had to sprint to disarm a bomb. On my 3rd attempt now it's ridiculous and not fun at all. Also getting glitches I didn't get in AK and Batgirl is like Batman with less gadgets.

:( feelsbadman.jpg

Thanks for elaborating.

Bummer, the trailer looked really promising and I absolutely loved Arkham Knight, maybe it'll pick up for you?

Vire

Aside from the requirements for the trophies/achievements (Destroy X amount of Joker Teeth/Balloons, etc.) it seems more like a standalone mission.

Lovely, because destroying balloons was my favorite part of Arkham City. *sigh*

How did the actual playthrough itself look to you?

Lovely, because destroying balloons was my favorite part of Arkham City. *sigh*

How did the actual playthrough itself look to you?

It looked neat enough, I guess. Seems like a prettier Harley Quinn's Revenge with a better balance between combat and predator rooms, and a slightly more satisfying final encounter.

I feel safe saying it's a bit better than Harley Quinn's Revenge, but not as good as Cold, Cold, Heart.

Edit: I should probably mention that the plot is pretty half-assed, too. Don't go into it expecting much.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Just finished it. It had it's fair share of problems but I liked it and feel like it's decently prized and worth a purchase

Pros:
+ Excellent level design that brings back the 3D Metroidvania feeling from Asylum.
+ Respectable length (a little bit longer that Harley's Revenge, though a bit shorter than Cold Cold Heart). I'd say it took me around 2.5-3 hours to complete.
+A good amount of combat and predator scenarios
+ Serviceable story and good dialogue

Cons
-Gameplay wise, Batgirl is not that interesting. Aside from some new combat animations she feels like a poor man's Batman. Her hacking skills are nothing special either, you just use some environmental hazards against your enemies.
- There are a few gameplay segments that force you to rush and deactivate bombs. It wasn't gamebreaking or anything but they could've been more generous with the time limits
-There are no side missions aside from collectables
- Final boss fight had a neat concept but shallow excecution.

Some people thinking that the DLC will be longer than Harley's Revenge from City should really not get their hopes up. That was $10, while this is only $7...

Nori Chan

Just finished downloading the batgirl dlc on X1. Weird that the red hood one hasn't shown up in the menu yet even after I downloaded it two weeks ago because of the season pass.

The 6 dollar price point and the length seems appropriate, but honestly that season pass is looking less of a value. I mean for 40 dollars you should at least get a good amount of gameplay with it right? If the other story DLC doesn't up the length then I don't know how it could be worth it.

Vire

Hmm I feel like I'm gonna pass on the season pass after reading some of GAFs impressions. If this was as long and good as Cold Cold Heart I'd plunge in without blinking an eye.

But.. I don't really give a shit about bat mobile challenge races so I'm a little unsure if I'd be getting my other 33 dollars worth. I'll pick the Batgirl stuff next week for the $7 stand alone. Warner Brother's is trying to tempt my impatience with this early access shit, but I ain't gonna break.

Kinyou

Hmm I feel like I'm gonna pass on the season pass after reading some of GAFs impressions. If this was as long and good as Cold Cold Heart I'd plunge in without blinking an eye.

But.. I don't really give a shit about bat mobile challenge races so I'm a little unsure if I'd be getting my other 33 dollars worth. I'll pick the Batgirl stuff next week for the $7 stand alone. Warner Brother's is trying to tempt my impatience with this early access shit, but I ain't gonna break.
What I hate is how secretive they're with all the stuff. Like, at least tell us how much discount the season pass actually gives compared to buying each dlc as stand alone.

It's really not. It's too short a time. Also on my 4th attempt of the second one it turns out you can just ignore the fight and disarm the bomb.

If the gameplay is the same as normal, then that really doesn't sound so bad, especially if you can just bypass the fighting. Sounds like the bomb diffusing side missions in Arkham Origins.

What I hate is how secretive they're with all the stuff. Like, at least tell us how much discount the season pass actually gives compared to buying each dlc as stand alone.

It's really annoying. Like, all of this DLC could be completely worth $40 (or more, since that's the season pass cost), but it sounds like they're trying to rip people off without giving any significant details.

I just redeemed most of my Bing Rewards points to pay for the DLC because of the positive reactions, it better be worth it.

Edit: It's only available to season pass holders right now isn't it..

erawsd

Well, to be fair, the other $33 bucks isnt just batmobile challenges. Theres also two more story packs, "criminal challenges", some skins, and any preorder junk you missed. That said Im still not convinced its a good value.

Top Bottom