• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Dave_6

How far in do I have to get before I can play Harley's story? I preordered it (PC) and got the season pass but it's greyed out in the menu.

Anybody finding the Batmobile a little too skittish but, somehow super heavy at the same time?

It just kinda feels odd, even when driving around. Ill probably get used to get but these first few hours in the batmobile are kinda disappointing (I was one of the few actually looking forward to the batmobile).

Shaanyboi

Banned
How far in do I have to get before I can play Harley's story? I preordered it (PC) and got the season pass but it's greyed out in the menu.

Have you actually downloaded that content? I have it for PS4 and I could access it before starting the story.

Karak

Damn the framerate sort of sucks in the Batmobile on the Xbox One version. Seems pretty great otherwise.

...Internal or external drive? I was seeing drops to 28 rarely and that was it.

Anybody finding the Batmobile a little too skittish but, somehow super heavy at the same time?

It just kinda feels odd, even when driving around. Ill probably get used to get but these first few hours in the batmobile are kinda disappointing (I was one of the few actually looking forward to the batmobile).
As I said in my review the ground seems layered in Arkham Asylum prisoner juice(don't ask). It controls so oddly at times.

Karak

External, does it make a difference then? Never knew.

Not sure but thats the setup I was using. But then again I am sure that part in particular depends on locations, debris, enemy contact, and how you play. So I bet it could be worse than what I had at times.

Hagi

Wow this game looks amazing on the PS4, makes me a little less bummed out that I refunded it on Steam.

Bat mobile is cool, love how fast it is. Tank mode is a bit meh but whatever. Story seems a lot darker already than any of the previous games. Kinda wish they just called it The Long Halloween rather than Arkham Knight.

So I just started the game and did the first round of sidequests available but how do I continue them?

MINOR NON SUPERVILLAN SPOILERS

I saved the first firefighter but how do I continue the quest? After rescuing the first there is no other objective markers that I can see.

Durden77

Holy crap, so... (early but big spoilers)
is that Troy Baker doing the voice of the Joker? Or did Hamill just say fuck it and come back? Because if that's Baker I'm seriously impressed. Did not play Origins.

ironcreed

Banned
It Is very good. I am a sucker for performance and nothing has taken me out of the moment yet. I'm about 2-3 hours into it. Plays wonderfully. Easily the best looking game on the system and that's coming from a 130 hr play through in Wither 3.

It looks good, but it is hardly the best looking game on the system. You can tell that it is the UE3 underneath whatever modifications they did to it. There is a lot of aliasing and some of the characters have that wet, waxy look. That said, it is a hell of an upgrade over City.

Voidance

is that Troy Baker doing the voice of the Joker? Or did Hamill just say fuck it and come back? Because if that's Baker I'm seriously impressed. Did not play Origins.
It's
Mark Hamill. Baker can't hold a candle in my opinion.

dan2026

Cool reference.
20150623_154347.jpg

Yeah the Batmobile driving stuff is really not all that great. It looks awesome, but actually maneuvering it sucks. Same with the one Riddler puzzle I did that was a Batmobile race, it made me not want to touch anything Riddler again.

ironcreed

Banned
I love the batmobile, but I have not done any of the puzzles with it yet. The driving itself and even the tank mode I find to be quite fun.

Aces&Eights

Yeah the Batmobile driving stuff is really not all that great. It looks awesome, but actually maneuvering it sucks. Same with the one Riddler puzzle I did that was a Batmobile race, it made me not want to touch anything Riddler again.

That is heartbreaking. My favorite part of the Batman games is doing those Riddler puzzles. Fuck.

EDIT: Are ALL the Riddler puzzles batmobile stuff? Nothing like AC where you had to use your batarang, etc?

SomTervo

It's the latter,
but imo TB was bloody great as him, too. Origins was really solid.

It's

Imo he absolutely holds a candle.
TB did a phenomenal job. It wasn't the masterwork VA of the original actor, but a fantastic effort, better than I can imagine most would manage.

Can anyone tell me if there is any traditional Riddler challenges in the game of if it's all this annoying driving shit?

That is heartbreaking. My favorite part of the Batman games is doing those Riddler puzzles. Fuck.

EDIT: Are ALL the Riddler puzzles batmobile stuff? Nothing like AC where you had to use your batarang, etc?

Yep, there are normal Riddler puzzles. They're pretty good, too. For emphasis there are traditional (non-car) Riddler puzzles in the game, too, people.

Wow this game looks amazing on the PS4, makes me a little less bummed out that I refunded it on Steam.

Bat mobile is cool, love how fast it is. Tank mode is a bit meh but whatever. Story seems a lot darker already than any of the previous games. Kinda wish they just called it The Long Halloween rather than Arkham Knight.

Yeah, it's hella dark isn't it? That opening scene really shocked me and my gf, in a good way. In any other game we wouldn't blink an eye, but in a previously cartoony superhero series it was quite a surprise. Not-a-real-spoiler:
It only gets darker.

Kinda disappointed with how Batmobile focused this is so far, even though I should have expected it. What sense does it make though having the Riddler Trials be race-tracks?

It doesn't. Only real gaff in the whole game, imo.

Well, I haven't even bought it yet, but if you insist on celebrating tonight Dominos who am I to say no?

On topic, any word on when the remasters are coming? As I need to play catch up for this series in order to play Knight.

Kinyou

How can I catapult myself out of the batmobile straight into gliding? According to menu I should just have to double tap A but nothing happens.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is the Batmobile faster than gliding your way through Gotham? I like the Batmobile alright, but the game definitely looks prettier gliding and it makes it easier to find sidequests.

Arkham games are usually supposed to take place during one night, so probably.

No, its much quicker to glide

Durden77

It's

It's the latter

SomTervo you should spoiler tag the rest cause it kind of gives away who I'm talking about!

But bahaha YES! So much yes.
I knew it was him! And I also knew he just couldn't be done after AC. Man that makes me happy. Rocksteady knows what we want and how to get it. Although yes, I've heard TB did put in a very admiral performance.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How can I catapult myself out of the batmobile straight into gliding? According to menu I should just have to double tap A but nothing happens.

Done the mission where you unlock it yet?

You
get a new suit

Should be double A/X after that

I believe you have to unlock it. I know its part of one of the VR training missions on the roof right next to the capsule that had the new suit in it.

I just played the side missions for a couple of hours and did some chest armor and batman free flow combat upgrades and yet to go after the first Scarecrow mission. So am I near to getting that jaw dropping face plate and iron suit?

Just follow the storyline for a sec. You're still in "tutorial" stage of the game.

Reule

I've asked this in the hardware thread for PS4 before about Related Items but I figured I'd ask here. If you check under Arkham Knight in the Related Items section, do some of your add-on images show up as a default icon? Screenshot would be nice. You don't have to go into Related Items, just when viewing from the general game tile section.

I tried this too last night, these would perhaps be like an upgrade for the Batmobile.

It's an upgrade, you get it from one of the first training missions via story. On the rooftop of the building where you save the cop. The batmobile isn't as bad as I heard in reviews, it's pretty easy to control with the drift and not holding R2 down as hard as you can the entire time. There's also the option of going into battle mode real quick to slow yourself down and pivot.

Naar

Is there an exp glitch?

After fighting groups of people i no longer get a rating on how many i fought, etc and my exp meter seems stuck for the last hour or so

I am still at the very beginning of the game.

PS4 version

neoism

i think once i really get used to this games controls it will be better....

also holy shit was really surprised at the gamestop i when to over 50 people there... they had food as well.....

this game looks reallly good but man i wish the rain wasnt everywhere even though it looks amazing....
also the combat seems more flowy and its like shit happens on the screen and i dont feel like im pressing that much lol... reeeeaaallly wish origins never came out and this was the real 3rd release even though it is.... i got really fucking burnt buy that game even though it was pretty good it was sooo fucking glitchy on pc at launch.. had to stop the story for almost a month because of a game breaking bug....

really liking it soo far even though it just will take time to get the b mobel controls down pat....

Top Bottom