• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

FStop7

Banned
100% agreed. Just absolute truth. I am floored that Rocksteady thought the car was a good addition to the game in this manner. It should have been like the horse in Witcher 3 - fast transit if you want it, some races, some side missions - not shoehorned into everything, awkwardly used for puzzle solving and constant breaking of gameplay flow.

I haven't played AK yet, but I ended up watching like 5+ hours of Manvsgame playing it. The thing that stuck out more than anything else to me was how much time was spent in the tank, shooting stuff. It reminded me of a PS2 era mini game.

The rest of the game looked cool, the combat looked as sharp as ever, but that car/tank stuff is massive filler.

jimboton

These "just look around and you'll find the next objective" quests are annoying as shit. While running around in a huge area just hoping you stumble upon a quest objective might be fun to some, I get the feeling it's going to be super obnoxious to most.

Been running around for an hour now on listening for opera music and haven't heard shit. Very disappointing.

Nah, the whole game should be like that. Much better than mindlessly following waypoints everywhere, even places you can't possibly know about.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I haven't played AK yet, but I ended up watching like 5+ hours of Manvsgame playing it. The thing that stuck out more than anything else to me was how much time was spent in the tank, shooting stuff. It reminded me of a PS2 era mini game.

The rest of the game looked cool, the combat looked as sharp as ever, but that car/tank stuff is massive filler.

It's your own experience. It actually sits quite nicely.

I'd ignore streams like the plague just because I want my own experience. You had the PS2 mini game experience. Try this out now for yourself. I can't express that enough.

RPGCrazied

Finally got mine!

The hardcover novel from the serious edition is really cool. Hardcover and even has a dust jacket.

100_1133.jpg

Adam West is clever and hilarious, but I don't think I could play the entire game like that.. though if they dubbed all lines WITH Adam West I don't think I could NOT play the entire game like that.
I would pay good money for Adam West to do voiceover work for Arkham Knight so you can play the game as 1960s Batman with Adam West voicing him. Damn good money. West is personally my favorite Batman but I'm probably in the minority there...

Would also kickstart a 1960s Next Gen Batman game (closest I got was
the bonus level in Lego Batman 3
) with Adam West on board. And heavy on the campiness.

stn

Got the game today! Curious: are the New 52 skins up for download for free? I was under the assumption they would be.

This game just hit the shit performance wise on my PS4. It froze up on the
manbat
mission and after that it freezes when I'm flying and when it loads. Ugh.

Alienous

This is the most 'You have to play the games before' sequel I think I have ever played, and that's without even considering the plot (I'm about 70% through the main story).

The amount of enemies , game mechanics and game systems they throw at you makes this feel like what the 30th hour of Arkham City would have been. It has to be brutal on series newcomers.

jrush64

Banned
I got mine but it's not installing. DMC4 is also installing and has been since morning. I paused the download. Is that why it isn't installing?

I'll delete DMC to wait for this as it will install faster.

Why isn't it installing?

Alienous

I got mine but it's not installing. DMC4 is also installing and has been since morning. I paused the download. Is that why it isn't installing?

I'll delete DMC to wait for this as it will install faster.

Why isn't it installing?

PS4?

I've had that issue with Assassin's Creed Unity, when I just about had enough space to install it. I had to cull most of my installs so that I had over double the necessary space.

Uh, I think thats the script letting Conroy down there. I dont think anybody could deliver a line that cheesy.

It's a direction issue. It seems like everyone decided that one take was enough.

The lines that Batman delivers that feel solid are few and far between.

Welp...almost got all my content downloaded and ready to start the game but uhhh I have to finish my paper for school but I guess a little game time won't hurt...

I hope I finish my paper tonight.

Im guessing kevin sounds off because they are recording him solitary. Voice direction must also suck, its hard to tell someone who has voiced batman for over 15 years that he is phoning it in.

jrush64

Banned
PS4?

I've had that issue with Assassin's Creed Unity, when I just about had enough space to install it. I had to cull most of my installs so that I had over double the necessary space.

It's a direction issue. It seems like everyone decided that one take was enough.

The lines that Batman delivers that feel solid are few and far between.

I cant even go to extras menu. It's not installing.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Untitled.png

The game just came out today and IGN Tweets this.

Are these guys new or something?

You'd think we could have a day without someone posting their thesis. Seriously.

Who cares what the editor thinks? The game just came out.

IGN is turning random people into spoiler filled a-holes.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The review itself had a spoiler so this isn't surprising. Fucking Dan Stapleton.

Why can't these early copy people just find a better way to write a review?

Who pays for spoilers? Who wants to enjoy something when someone gets it early and goes to town.

Why can't they just fire these people.

Dan Stapleton must feel real good about telling his readers about something they were going to play for themselves.

Journalist feel so powerful with their articles and early copies. It's all a bunch of entitled BS. I don't know who to complain to. They all have their own educated reason or something.

MattyG

Banned
Untitled.png

The game just came out today and IGN Tweets this.

Are these guys new or something?

You'd think we could have a day without someone posting their thesis. Seriously.

Who cares what the editor thinks? The game just came out.

IGN is turning random people into spoiler filled a-holes.
This is why I've stopped reading reviews or articles outside of the summaries posted on GAF.

Jesus Christ IGN, give people a chance to play the fucking game.

Edit: at least they put a spoiler alert. As long as they don't start tweeting straight spoilers, I guess it's okay.

Was able to pop home and get a quick playthrough of the Red Hood DLC. (Hooray for working close to home today) It's a shame that the DLC packs are so short, because he's a blast to use in combat. Hopefully they make him and Harley available in challenge maps down the line. Seems like a waste to have these two new characters with unique mechanics be relegated to side missions that take all of 15 minutes to complete.

I really like his design here too, as silly as having a hoodie over the helmet is.

Do I have to just get lucky and stumble upon the Fire Crew to rescue them?
AFAIK, most side quests are structured this way:
- the first step is explicitly on the map and you can visit it.
- upon visiting it, they'll tell you that to move the quest forward you'll have to be on the lookout for one thing or another.
- you run into additional instances on the map.

One thing that remains unclear to me is whether said instances appear on the map if you pass by them / overhear them while on your way to somewhere else.

erawsd

WHAT

Been playing for 40 minutes or so, PS4 disc version without the patch installed. When on a rope you can drop to line launcher and there is an hilarious bug.

Right now I am getting pissed off with this game because I am playing from a DISC, and after doing like 3 missions I am stuck waiting in front of a door while the game says

PLEASE WAIT WHILE GAME DATA IS BEING INSTALLED

Seriously wtf is this shit?

Youre actually not playing from the disc. All PS4 and XB1 games are installed to the hard drive, whether you use the retail disc or download it from PSN. BluRay drives are too slow.

HardRojo

Being spoiled is one of the reasons I'm sometimes afraid of reading a review. It's sad because that's what actually matters to me. Rather than a lifeless score, I prefer reading about the experience the reviewer had with the game, yet some decided it was OK to name some of the bosses you'd encounter and other stuff... Well it doesn't really matter now since I'll be playing this very soon.

You know that game you wanted?

You just paid $60

Now here's the whole thing because click bait exists and so do opinions traveling at the speed of light.

I'll just delete every service IGN loves to use and every single privileged game journalist.
Not to derail but I still don't get it. Nothing in title spoils anything and it's clearly for people who finished the game. You not forced to click this article. Dan wants to discuss plot point, I see nothing wrong.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Not to derail but I still don't get it. Nothing in title spoils anything and it's clearly for people who finished the game. You not forced to click this article. Dan wants to discuss plot point, I see nothing wrong.

It's the comments. Sure you have to pull down a tab or if you click that little time stamp on there it'll go into a screen with comments.

The internet's best users love posting stuff there regardless. I went to take the pic of the tweet and it was embedded with a user saying something I didn't want to see (??)

Sure, but why tempt every single jerk who uses social media on the day the game comes out?

You're putting the meat out from your own company.

ITS STREET DATE FOR US NORMAL PEOPLE IS TODAY

THE OTHER SIDE OF IT ALL

I would pay good money for Adam West to do voiceover work for Arkham Knight so you can play the game as 1960s Batman with Adam West voicing him. Damn good money. West is personally my favorite Batman but I'm probably in the minority there...

Would also kickstart a 1960s Next Gen Batman game (closest I got was
the bonus level in Lego Batman 3
) with Adam West on board. And heavy on the campiness.

Add in the "pow! Zok! Zap! Zam!" balloons when punching and kicking in the classic skinand this would be an instant sell for me

It's the comments. Sure you have to pull down a tab or if you click that little time stamp on there it'll go into a screen with comments.

The internet's best users love posting stuff there regardless. I went to take the pic of the tweet and it was embedded with a user saying something I didn't want to see (??)

Sure, but why tempt every single jerk who uses social media on the day the game comes out?
Ok. It's more the tweet than the actually article. Gotcha.

Top Bottom