• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

sn00zer

Black Mask is a fascinating villain. I would love to see him in a Batman movie.

Easily the best version of Black Mask is in a movie
batmanundertrehod.jpg

Hey Ephemeris, check if you have access to the suit in the Batcave. I cleared the Dark Knight System challenges but I only got the Dark Knight skin. Gotham Protector, Shadow Vigilante, Worst Nightmare, and World's Greatest Detective are missing for the Batcave.

Also, The Dark Knight suit is just the regular Batsuit only all black and with an orange belt. The damage you sustain throught the story is reflected on it but the cape remains undamaged.

OH wait man, is this what you meant by not getting your costumes? Pretty sure there isn't a skin for each individual track ,you just get the dark knight suit for them all. It's supposed to be like an epic reward haha.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Got to say, I didn't enjoy the journey (early level spoiler)
GCPD
, mostly because I was expecting a bit of pure sneaking. Would've been a nice way to mix stuff up. I feel like I might as well have walked in the front door. The journey out, however, was pretty cool, especially the (enemy type spoiler)
fight with the mini Bane. Are there more of those guys later in the game?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Got to say, I didn't enjoy the journey (early level spoiler)
GCPD
, mostly because I was expecting a bit of pure sneaking. Would've been a nice way to mix stuff up. I feel like I might as well have walked in the front door. The journey out, however, was pretty cool, especially the (enemy type spoiler)
fight with the mini Bane. Are there more of those guys later in the game?

Oh yes.

I was a little disappointed with that part as well, I was hoping for something like a huge predator room. Like a multi-stage predator room where each room influences the others. Get spotted in one and security ramps up in the others and every time you get spotted it gets crazier and crazier.

LordAlu

So everytime I load the game, Batman starts falling through the world with seemingly no way to avoid it. Tried restarting, reloading, and even flying to the end of the play area (where I got a death screen and reloaded into the void again). Pretty sure my save is fucked but has anyone had any luck with this bug? I really don't want to restart...
But yeah, needless to say, this game doesn't have anywhere near the amount of polish of the Rocksteady games. Shame..

Edit: Nevermind, I remember I have CheatEngine installed for shit like this (Bethesda games). Crisis averted. +1 PC Gaming
Whoa wait wait wait, you got out of falling infinitely? My 14 hour save is stuck in the same thing - how did you fix it (I have no idea what CheatEngine is)?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yes.

I was a little disappointed with that part as well, I was hoping for something like a huge predator room. Like a multi-stage predator room where each room influences the others. Get spotted in one and security ramps up in the others and every time you get spotted it gets crazier and crazier.

That "Oh yes" sounds promising!

You see, that'd have been much better than what we ended up with. It's the only point in the game that i've been disappointed so far. Ah well, it's my own fault for having expectations, I guess...

Dave1988

For people who completed one or more of the Dark Knight System Challenges: do you have access to the skins that are supposed to unlock after completing rank 15 of each challenge? The skins in question are: Shadow Vigilante, Gotham Protector, Worst Nightmare, and World's Greatest Detective.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

For people who completed one or more of the Dark Knight System Challenges: do you have access to the skins that are supposed to unlock after completing rank 15 of each challenge? The skins in question are: Shadow Vigilante, Gotham Protector, Worst Nightmare, and World's Greatest Detective.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I actually responded to you above man, a few posts up. I didn't think there were corresponding skin unlocks to each track, just that you unlock the title of *insert header* and when you've earned all 4, you get the dark knight suit as a *mega* reward. I can see where the confusion can occur with a worst nightmare skin available via dlc, but no where on the net can I find literally anything of a dark vigilante skin, world's great detective skin etc. I don't think they exist.

Dave1988

I actually responded to you above man, a few posts up. I didn't think there were corresponding skin unlocks to each track, just that you unlock the title of *insert header* and when you've earned all 4, you get the dark knight suit as a *mega* reward. I can see where the confusion can occur with a worst nightmare skin available via dlc, but no where on the net can I find literally anything of a dark vigilante skin, world's great detective skin etc. I don't think they exist.

That's certainly possible but it doesn't make sense. If those are only titles and not skins then why do they have a star next (indicating an unlockable) to them and "Unlocked" status after completion. It just doesn't make sense if they're only titles and not skins.

Furthermore, according to this article the Worst Nightmare skin is supposed to be in the game. To back this up, notice that Worst Nightmare isn't offered as DLC or part of the Season Pass. This leads me to belive that the awards for completing the specific challenges of the Dark Knight System are currently glitched and cannot be obtained.

That's certainly possible but it doesn't make sense. If those are only titles and not skins then why do they have a star next (indicating an unlockable) to them and Unlocked status after completion. It just doesn't make sense if they're only titles and not skins.

Just how they've chosen to word it man. If you hit up extras from the main menu and look at your completion stats, you'll see there's only 4 skins in the actual main game that you unlock. New 52, Batman Noel, Dark Knight, and the injustice skin for doing all the multiplayer ranks. Checking the now to see if they are custom titles you can use in multi on your profile or something? Otherwise, it just looks like "YOU HAVE BECOME _______!", and the reward is achievements, xp, and adds towards getting the dark knight skin.

EDIt: Ah I dunno man, I'm not going to butt heads with you on it. Like I said, search the other skins, they don't exist. I've accounted for the 4 skins the game says are available. Maybe worst nightmare was going to be in it, but they went with something else. I bet it'll show up as DLC. I know the game is buggy, but not everything can be blamed there, sometimes they just don't pick satisfying rewards for these things ( I would have lvoed if your right, and there was a skin for each track.) Saw some peeps speculate that you get worst nightmare by doing I Am The Night mode.

Finished.

2qkt9vk.gif

The story/cutscenes kick the ever-loving bejeesus out of those in the first two games. Virtually every story beat was on-point, a contrast to all the "eh..." moments in AA/AC. And it had an actually climactic, non-convoluted ending!

Batman and Joker's voice actors did an admirable job. While Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are better at their best, Craig Smith and Troy Baker gave better performances here than the respective ones in previous Arkham games.

Each boss encounter brought something interesting to the the table, enough so that each was fun and challenging in some way. None of them felt like rehashes of previous fights. All of the segues into the fights/encounters were nice too. There were no contrived set-ups like with the Mr Freeze fight in AC, though Origins only needed the bounty on Batman justification which no doubt made things easier.

All the jank/bugginess of the game becomes forgivable when the care put into it is evident. The team who did this (especially the writers, character designers and environment modelers) deserve praise.

And dem
shock gauntlets.
I've been wanting those in a Batman game for a while and they feel appropriately powerful every time they're used.

Dave1988

Just how they've chosen to word it man. If you hit up extras from the main menu and look at your completion stats, you'll see there's only 4 skins in the actual main game that you unlock. New 52, Batman Noel, Dark Knight, and the injustice skin for doing all the multiplayer ranks. Checking the now to see if they are custom titles you can use in multi on your profile or something? Otherwise, it just looks like "YOU HAVE BECOME _______!", and the reward is achievements, xp, and adds towards getting the dark knight skin.

EDIt: Ah I dunno man, I'm not going to butt heads with you on it. Like I said, search the other skins, they don't exist. I've accounted for the 4 skins the game says are available. Maybe worst nightmare was going to be in it, but they went with something else. I bet it'll show up as DLC. I know the game is buggy, but not everything can be blamed there, sometimes they just don't pick satisfying rewards for these things ( I would have lvoed if your right, and there was a skin for each track.)

Yeah, I checked the statistics page. Guess you're right. Wow so get totally nothing even though the game tells you you unlocked *something*.

Yeah, I checked the statistics page. Guess you're right. Wow so get totally nothing even though the game tells you you unlocked *something*.

One thing I'm wrong about I think though, is the 4th costume is worst nightmare, and not the injustice costume, I guess that counts separately like the one million since it comes from elsewhere (multi). Census seems to be you get worst nightmare for 100% the game, including finishing "I Am The Night" mode.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Just finished the game on hardest difficulty, using Adam West's costume naturally. And I have to say, disappointed slightly. Wish Rocksteady had done this and actually done new stuff rather than copy/paste 99% of the elements from the first two games into a run of the mill sequel. I still think Asylum was by far the best, and hopefully this is the end of the "Arkham games".

I want a far more gritty graphic novel-esque approach to the next Batman. If they do keep some elements from the Arkham games, they need to ditch the "martial artist" Batman and make him a more realistic "mixed martial artist" practical to real life street fights. I'd love if the team members were fans of MMA and did a amazing homage to Pride era Fedor Emelianenko by making Batman mimic his style and movements and mannerisms as he fights complete with the Sambo casting punch (with how Fedor threw it with bad intentions back in Pride!). Give Batman a fighting ground game, complete with total vicious ground n' pound. Quick grapple on enemy into a split second evade of a strike back, into a right hand knockout (wouldn't mind seeing the slow-mo Fight Night face tremors either). Batman by armbar! It'd make the combat system fresh, invigorating, vicious and fast and highly technical if done correctly.

I also wouldn't mind it being a aging Batman story who can't withstand the punishment he used to take, so it would be three hits and death, even less from bosses. So you'd need to master all of his combat and arsenal combinations and execute well. And please, one main arch enemy character to really tell a impactful and well written story. Again, a graphic novel type approach, where there's different "Walking Dead type" episodes but all in one game.

Graphically, it needs I think a more stylized art style, something a bit more abstract with real inspired art direction for a finally new take on Gotham as a city and it's interiors and underbelly. Instead of the tried and tired realistic approach to it. Even if it was a comic book-type shader filter it'd be a major step up in my opinion.

And lastly, either give it back to Rocksteady or a new hungry developer. I'm tired of Ubi cranking out these copy/paste jobs that do work in fairness, but feel stale and overused and no new real ideas for gameplay or story, or even UI.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god... with the Gotham By Gaslight and Red Son costumes being available I'm gonna have to buy the season pass, aren't I? Anyone know the cost (£)?

No Hamill either, but the dude does a better Joker than Hamill...

*runs*

*Chases*

XD

I love the fight scenes in that movie. Really classy.

Just finished the game on hardest difficulty, using Adam West's costume naturally.

Pray tell how did you get that...?

And lastly, either give it back to Rocksteady or a new hungry developer. I'm tired of Ubi cranking out these copy/paste jobs that do work in fairness, but feel stale and overused and no new real ideas for gameplay or story, or even UI.

Ubi...?

I'd love if the team members were fans of MMA and did a amazing homage to Pride era Fedor Emelianenko

What, line him up lots of cans so everyone is shocked when he gets destroyed by mid tier american talent? Suppose that's one way of building to the "Bane broke his back" storyline. WHEY-OH! (Couldn't resist, sorry man ha.)

ArynCrinn

Banned
Pray tell how did you get that...?

I think it's called "First Appearence" or something.

Sorry, I confused "Montreal" with Ubi, happens every time. *facepalm*

What, line him up lots of cans so everyone is shocked when he gets destroyed by mid tier american talent? Suppose that's one way of building to the "Bane broke his back" storyline. WHEY-OH! (Couldn't resist, sorry man ha.)

Wow, didn't know Pride Big Nog was a can, didn't know Pride Cro Cop was a can, didn't know Pride Coleman was a can, and you do realize that during the "Pride days" all the best heavyweight talent was in Pride, not the UFC... Best UFC had for a long time was Tim Silvia, and we saw how long that lasted. Fact is, by the time Strikeforce fell apart Fedor was getting older and losing interest in the sport, was probably just waiting to lose and retire, was more interested in his "faith" than the sport at that point.

Sad thing is, Fedor's standup DRAMATICALLY improved by the time he retired vs. his Pride days. Splice his standup in the Rizzo and Monson fights with the aggression, physicality, and pure speed and timing of his Pride days. There's a man nobody would want to fight. That should teh Batman!

strafer

Still pisses me off that Batman: The Animated Series isn't on Netflix. Been so long since I seen it.

Also, is Batman Beyond worth checking out?

ArynCrinn

Banned
Everywhere I see it mentioned, it gets described as exclusive for PS3 alongside the knightfall azrael skin. I'd love it for the pc, since that's the version I've got. Where do you get it?

Oh alright, I was confused then. Hopefully Season Pass buyers like myself get access to these skins at some point. Dumb to keep them segmented to platforms. Even Bioshock Infinite's PS3/360 exclusives came to PC, for a price though of course. :(

Although I do know for a fact that the pirated releases have every skin unlocked, even those which are supposed to be "exclusive" to PS3 or whatever. Just checked.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Do all those suits fit in the lore of Batman?

Some are from alternative universes. Red Son, for instance, is an amazing Superman story from the Elseworlds series:

Another Elseworlds comic is Gotham By Gaslight, which is a skin available to Season Pass holders:

Hell yeah.

The others mostly tie into the main continuity, I believe (I'm more of TPB kind of guy, so my knowledge is patchy). First Appearance (original costume), New 52 (a reboot of sorts), Earth 2 (which is another alternative universe, I think) and Blackest Night (when all the dead comic book characters rose from the dead - oooOOOO). Don't quote me on any of that though.

Psykoboy2

The bug I have with the burnley tower seems different from what seemed to happen with everyone else.

Instead of getting stuck in the vent, I sorta broke sequence with it. I walked around the outside of the place to avoid enemies and saw the console to hack, did it(outside the window), and then bars closed me outside and nothing activated. I blew up the window or something, but had no way to gain access. I progressed to the next area and came back and can now get in fine, but the thing is deactivated, keeping the fact I hacked it but the tower itself didn't turn on.

Dafuq.

The tower doesn't turn on because when you go through the vent, you have to hack another console. The first one is a decoy to trap you in the room while the second one is available once you crawl through the vent - which is broken at the moment for most players.

Whoa wait wait wait, you got out of falling infinitely? My 14 hour save is stuck in the same thing - how did you fix it (I have no idea what CheatEngine is)?
It's a program that allows you to modify some stuff in the game in real time. I assume from the name that most people use it to cheat but I only use it to fix game breaking bugs.

For the infinite falling glitch, you need to load up this Cheat Table in Cheat Engine ( http://www.vwaskar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fun/BatmanOrigins.CT - right click and save as), start up the game, select the game from the processes list in Cheat Engine, load your save, and then enter the value in z-coordinate that will send you back to where you're supposed to be. For the Hotel where I was stuck in, the value was 50500 (taller than the Wonder Tower!).
However, keep in mind that this is risky and you can POTENTIALLY fuck up your game even more by accidentally skipping a room or something.
But it fixed my game so... yeah. Back up your save just in case, I suppose.

Note: this can also be used to bypass the Burnley Tower. Just set a z coordinate higher than you while near the tower and glide onto the roof.

Edit: Credit goes to "DABhand" at the WB forums for making the Cheat Table.

I'm stuck on the dark knight predator challenge 14, where you ko 3 enemies simultaneously with the propane tank. I can get 3 enemies knocked out near the tank, but the explosion radius on it is so small. Or I can ko 3 enemies, have one come near the bodies then remote claw the tank into the standing enemy, and it will still won't get 3 of them.

Any advice?

Top Bottom