• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Riposte

You could do it like that I guess, just like you could stand there and mash counter for most of the regular combat scenarios in all 3 games. But why would you do that when the option for experimentation and "being" batman is there? I went into that fight with deathstroke testing him and letting him test me, kinda like if they were fighting in a movie with their equal skillsets.

Same day:

As long as the combat remains a joke in those games where you can just counter your way out of every battle and there is no incentive to do anything else then there will be no visible reason to have gear and weapon upgrades.

So a Suicide Squad game? who would you put in it?

Deathstroke, King Shark, Captain Boomerang, CopperHead, Harley, Voltaic, Captain Cold, and The Unknown Soldier. With Deathstroke leading the team and Amanda Waller being the Ops tech.

Dysun

Where were the 3.5 and 6's for Saints Row 4 which reused the same boring overworld, mission structure, side-missions, full of bugs and jank, and broke the balance of the game with powers? Or [Insert game franchise] here?
If this game had another month to iron out bugs and the splash screen said 'Rocksteady' I bet we'd see these 'journalists' change their tune pretty damn fast

hwalker84

I really enjoyed this Batman game. Beat it Saturday (yes I cracked out on it).

Is it just me but did the gliding around the city get worse? This game is also a lot more glitchy than the previous titles.

Sojgat

Deathstroke, King Shark, Captain Boomerang, CopperHead, Harley, Voltaic, Captain Cold, and The Unknown Soldier. With Deathstroke leading the team and Amanda Waller being the Ops tech.

No Bronze Tiger or Deadshot, no sale, but a Suicide Squad game would be awesome.

Brick

Game worth a fifty spot? I want to buy on Steam tonight....

I got my Steam code from Green Man Gaming last night for $38. The 25% off code from their blog still worked as of last night (GMG25-3P6V5-3Q850) when I grabbed it, so that might be worth trying.

Derrick01

Banned
Same day:

There is no incentive to do anything in AC games though. The combat is boring and straight up shit so your best option is to quickly counter your way through it. Whereas it's actually fun to get through batman's combat scenarios pulling off as much as you can.

I didn't think that was so hard to understand.

LordAlu

It's a program that allows you to modify some stuff in the game in real time. I assume from the name that most people use it to cheat but I only use it to fix game breaking bugs.

For the infinite falling glitch, you need to load up this Cheat Table in Cheat Engine ( http://www.vwaskar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fun/BatmanOrigins.CT - right click and save as), start up the game, select the game from the processes list in Cheat Engine, load your save, and then enter the value in z-coordinate that will send you back to where you're supposed to be. For the Hotel where I was stuck in, the value was 50500 (taller than the Wonder Tower!).
However, keep in mind that this is risky and you can POTENTIALLY fuck up your game even more by accidentally skipping a room or something.
But it fixed my game so... yeah. Back up your save just in case, I suppose.

Note: this can also be used to bypass the Burnley Tower. Just set a z coordinate higher than you while near the tower and glide onto the roof.

Edit: Credit goes to "DABhand" at the WB forums for making the Cheat Table.
Hmm, doesn't seem to work for me, although my Z-Coordinate screen looks like this:

cheatengine_zps1ca1d14a.png

However with the Address field at the top just showing question marks, I assume it doens't actually know which address it is so changing any value does nothing. :(

anyone encounter a glitch with the penguin arms cache side mission? one of them dissapeared when I go to the location (its the one right next to the silver horse statue near the arcade area.)

Carbonox

Just beat
Copperhead
on New Game +. Was pulling my hair out from frustration. Utter shite fight that when you don't have the attack alerts.

Caught the exploding gel hint though and it made the fight a billion times more easier.

strafer

Just beat
Copperhead
on New Game +. Was pulling my hair out from frustration. Utter shite fight that when you don't have the attack alerts.

Caught the exploding gel hint though and it made the fight a billion times more easier.

Yep. Made it balls easy.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Awww shit. My save file has become endless falling just before the fight with
Anarky.

Screw this. Imma try out Blacklist till they patch this malarkey. Dagblammit, I was enjoying that...

Nephrahim

Worst part is it's not even fixed. You still don't receive credits if someone left during or before the match started, which is most matches.

What would be more incredible would be a straight up Unknown Soldier game based on the Dysart run. Would make MGSV and it's child soldier stuff look like fun and games. What a soul obliterating run, so sad. I haven't actually caught unknown soldier since he got folded back into the enw 52, is he in SS much?

Lima

Ok, how the fuck do you do a hanging ledge takedown? I cannot for the life of me work it out and it's driving me crazy!

Stand close to a ledge and wait for a guy to come close and profit? It is very picky though what ledges it actually works on though. Check this video out (it is from AC but it gives you an idea what a hanging ledge takedown is and what ledges work)

Youtube Link

Btw why do they continue to include this stupid default suit damage? Beaten up Batman looks so stupid at the end of the story. Always hate that with the Arkham games. There is just not other skin that I like at the moment and the default suit looks boss.

SJRB

Gold Member
Ok, how the fuck do you do a hanging ledge takedown? I cannot for the life of me work it out and it's driving me crazy!

When you grapnel to a ledge with an enemy close to it, Batman is supposed to hang on the ledge instead of jumping on the rooftop like he usually does. When you hang on the ledge and the enemy is close enough you can press triangle to grab him and pull him over the ledge.

However, this game is very infrequent in when Batman actually hangs on a ledge after you grapnel to it. In fact, most of the time he jumps right into an enemy's face.

..wait, or do you mean the "hang from above and choke him the fuck out" move?

Lima

When you grapnel to a ledge with an enemy close to it, Batman is supposed to hang on the ledge instead of jumping on the rooftop like he usually does. When you hang on the ledge and the enemy is close enough you can press triangle to grab him and pull him over the ledge.

However, this game is very infrequent in when Batman actually hangs on a ledge after you grapnel to it. In fact, most of the time he jumps right into an enemy's face.

That is considered a "ledge takedown" by the game.

He means the "hang from above and choke him the fuck out" which is called a hanging ledge takedown.

Ever play Arkham City? It's one of the takedowns the game teaches you in the church near the beginning that you never do again. Find a ledge that isn't too much more than head height, then try coax guard to stand under the ledge, Bats will drop and sleeperchoke him with his legs. I tend to crouch oto, don't know if it'll prompt you without crouching at the ledge edge.

From the review:

The writing rarely provides much justification for chasing the waypoint on your map (“A drone?” Batman asks. “Only The Penguin would have this technology.” It’s the first of many logical leaps).

Absolute, unquestionable nonsense. In the game,
Batman sees the drone roaming through Blackgate during the prison break. As Black Mask escapes he has Killer Croc destroy the drone and yells at him to make sure the memory card isn't salvageable. Croc tells Black Mask that it isn't. Batman finds the memory card in the wreckage of the drone, goes back to the Batcave and fucking analyzes the thing! It's after this analysis that he traces it back to Cobblepot who is a notorious arms dealer at this point in the timeline.

One of the most egregious misrepresentations of a game I've read in a review in a long time and I consider Edge one of the better publications for game reviews.

Hold down the grapnel button as you fly towards the ledge.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
@Futurevoid, I agree but you might want to spoiler tag that dude.

Nephrahim

I have been dismayed by the amount of disinformation about this game, and even AC retroactively.

I had someone argue that they had changed critical hits to actually do double damage in this game, claiming that in AA and AC they didn't, they just raised your multiplier by two instead of one.

pa22word

lol fixes MP but no one in ever bought this game for..

-_____________________________________________________________-

I want to play singleplayer..
:*(

SP and MP are being developed by different teams located thousands of miles away from each other. Thus what Splash Damage is working on with the MP build has very little correlation to what Warner Mont is doing atm with the SP build, and they probably both have free reign to patch each build as they please. So yeah, this release means nothing when it comes to an SP patch.

I have been dismayed by the amount of disinformation about this game, and even AC retroactively.

I had someone argue that they had changed critical hits to actually do double damage in this game, claiming that in AA and AC they didn't, they just raised your multiplier by two instead of one.

mmm...

But really this is nothing compared to the amount of pure shit was hurled at BioShock 2 when it came out, so dealing with this is like easy mode, heh.

Tabby

This has probably been asked a million times and I apologise.
Can you change skins in single player? And how?
Which skins are available in the vanilla game?
(No pre order exclusive stuff etc)

6 sounds about right for unnecessary game. It adds absolutely nothing to the series besides bugs.

Say what you want for yourself, I can say that's aboslutely not applicable to everyone who has played it though. I love the story and the tone of this game, and the visuals on pc are fantastic (and while the exploration of the city isn't as fun, travelling it is much better- the flying in this!). There's other thing s I feel AC and AA beat it at, but unnecessary game? Pfft.

Ah damn it I wish I hadn't. I do so well to ignore these kind of remarks. Kaze, to each their own. You have an opinion I don't really have a want to change, so fool me for getting drawn into responding. If I'd felt you'd even remotely worded your opinion in a way it could be discussed, I'd be interested, but the way you've went about it, why bother? And thus, why respond.

6 sounds about right for unnecessary game. It adds absolutely nothing to the series besides bugs.
I think it's better than either AA or AC in numerous ways: graphics, combat, tone, art design. Its biggest fault, aside from not iterating more on the gameplay, is having a too-big city with content that isn't dense or carefully designed enough (especially the Riddler stuff).

About 80% of the games on the market are 'unnecessary', yet this is the single most enjoyable sequel from a stand-in developer I've ever played. And it's more 'Batman' (the Batman of the comics) than the previous titles.

Top Bottom