• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

I'm stuck on the dark knight predator challenge 14, where you ko 3 enemies simultaneously with the propane tank. I can get 3 enemies knocked out near the tank, but the explosion radius on it is so small. Or I can ko 3 enemies, have one come near the bodies then remote claw the tank into the standing enemy, and it will still won't get 3 of them.

Any advice?

I'd say your best bet is to KO an enemy near the propane tank (lure in with Sonic Batarang, perhaps). Let 3 enemies investigate (if there's enough in the level they usually investigate in groups) and use a concussion grenade or glue grenade to incapacitate them without KOing, then remote claw the tank to them.

The Tank needs to KO all 3 of them.

Derrick01

Banned
Eh? You just hammer on the attack button and hit counter when one of the QTEs of him swinging his stick kicks in. There's no sense of timing or precision at all, unlike most other fights.

And it probably felt longer than it was given that it consists mostly of the same 3-4 animations playing over and over again.

When I tried to mash attack on deathstroke he would pull off an un-counterable combo that would take a decent chunk of my health away. Almost like he was slapping my hand for doing something I knew I shouldn't have been doing.

I'd say your best bet is to KO an enemy near the propane tank (lure in with Sonic Batarang, perhaps). Let 3 enemies investigate (if there's enough in the level they usually investigate in groups) and use a concussion grenade or glue grenade to incapacitate them without KOing, then remote claw the tank to them.

The Tank needs to KO all 3 of them.

Ah didn't think of the concussion grenade. I'm on ng+, I'll probably do it once I get the glue grenade.

The last one seems so much easier than this one. It would be great if they allowed you to do these in challenge rooms.

edit: You can use instant ko's on deathstroke, I found that out after fighting him the second time. They do a good chunk of his health and play an awesome animation. Also, use quickfire batclaw if you want to go agressive on deathstroke.

When I tried to mash attack on deathstroke he would pull off an un-counterable combo that would take a decent chunk of my health away. Almost like he was slapping my hand for doing something I knew I shouldn't have been doing.

its been a long ass while since i fought him, but i recall a 3 hit combo he attacks you counter repeat, was prettty much the whole fight.

Derrick01

Banned
its been a long ass while since i fought him, but i recall a 3 hit combo he attacks you counter repeat, was prettty much the whole fight.

You could do it like that I guess, just like you could stand there and mash counter for most of the regular combat scenarios in all 3 games. But why would you do that when the option for experimentation and "being" batman is there? I went into that fight with deathstroke testing him and letting him test me, kinda like if they were fighting in a movie with their equal skillsets.

You could do it like that I guess, just like you could stand there and mash counter for most of the regular combat scenarios in all 3 games. But why would you do that when the option for experimentation and "being" batman is there? I went into that fight with deathstroke testing him and letting him test me, kinda like if they were fighting in a movie with their equal skillsets.

thats a problem with most games with 'options'. Pretty much only 1 thing works on bosses.

It is interesting that batclaw works on deathstroke though.

but yeah... if you are expecting multiple solutions to boss fights in this, you'd be disappointed, its mostly just QTE's and some simple boss attack patterns.

I hope we see both new titles at next year's e3. More likely whatever Rocksteady's working on.

IIRC AC was revealed on a game wards show wasn't it? Maybe we'll see it sooner.

Dave1988

Hmmm, I'm missing one audio log. It appears to be Bane's. Where do I find it? It doesn't seem to related to the Riddler Datapacks and I already collected all the plaques. Seems strange that I missed an audio log.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the last extortion file in Bane's Field HQ.

So is there no way to complete the radio tower next to GCPD at the moment, then? Just curious as I haven't seen anything on a patch for the PC version yet.

Ephemeris

Not yet. It sucks because I'm about to start NG+ but I don't really like any of the skins available so far.

A pity it's not available yet.

In my case, I dig the Knightfall, First Appearance and Earth 2 outfits I have. 60's and One Million are "meh" to me at the moment.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

In my case, I dig the Knightfall, First Appearance and Earth 2 outfits I have. 60's and One Million are "meh" to me at the moment.

Aren't they in the New Millennium DLC? Gotham by Gaslight and Red Son look perfect. I played repeated plays of AC in Frank Miller's Dark Knight near exclusively. Fatman all the way. :)

Psykoboy2

You have to glide to a pipe on the side of the building below the tower. You crouch in a corner and start glitching till it pops you in the air and you can land on top. Took me a couple tries, but it worked.

http://youtu.be/Vt5ang7jXWM

Still haven't been able to get this to work for me. I'll try every now and again while playing but I really should just leave it alone until it's patched - which is really horrible to have to say, honestly.

You have to glide to a pipe on the side of the building below the tower. You crouch in a corner and start glitching till it pops you in the air and you can land on top. Took me a couple tries, but it worked.

http://youtu.be/Vt5ang7jXWM
That's such an asinine thing to have to do.:(

Hope they get a patch out soon. I would imagine I'll have to wait to get the long range cryptographic sequencer to get the one on the inside of the window? I'll hold off until I'm further into the game.

Steam just updated my game but no patch notes.
...I hope that fixes it then.:)

kodecraft

Speaking of bugs, if anyone is doing the deadshot mission here's some advise:
Don't take him out before he can take the hostage, well, hostage. Apparently I broke the scripting by knocking him out and now I'm completely stuck with no way to resolve the mission.

This. This so much. I did this TWICE!!

I took his thugs out and whooped Deadshot's arse easily, one time he even rolled into a wall and disappears (wtf?)

You're right it's definitely a script that should be followed.

I just had a recent glitch that kind of drove me insane. I was going around collecting riddler trophies. Got to my last one in north gotham and then realized nothing really unlocked.....I look at my map and see that all the trophies I collected in south gotham reappeared. Yeah....I'm going to wait for a patch. I hope this doesn't make my save game corrupt or something.

Derrick01

Banned
Just got a PC patch as well, of course there's no notes. That's probably the thing that drives me batshit crazy more than any 1 little thing. Tell me what's being changed!

No Love

Banned
Just got a PC patch as well, of course there's no notes. That's probably the thing that drives me batshit crazy more than any 1 little thing. Tell me what's being changed!

adam_jensen____the_lone_wolf___deus_ex__hr__by_evil_siren-d5tqc1c.jpg

Derrick waits wistfully by the window for patch notes... finding none, he begins to despair.

Ephemeris

I just had a recent glitch that kind of drove me insane. I was going around collecting riddler trophies. Got to my last one in north gotham and then realized nothing really unlocked.....I look at my map and see that all the trophies I collected in south gotham reappeared. Yeah....I'm going to wait for a patch. I hope this doesn't make my save game corrupt or something.

haha wow. Terrible.

I've been trying to backup my saves between playtimes. It's annoying but losing all those hours is a no-no.

Also you inadvertently spoiled the game for me. So good. >_>

RPGCrazied

After playing several hours, the framerate can get really bad on PS3. AA/AC ran so much better. Isn't it the same engine? I only fast traveled once and even restarted the game, but it still can get bad. I hope 1.03 helps. Really enjoying the game otherwise.

I've really enjoyed playing this game the combat is a lot more challenging than previous titles which I really like since it was really easy to get a x20 or above combo on AC but since the enemies in Origins are faster getting x10 can be difficult at times. I haven't enjoyed traversing the map as much as AC though, the bridge is such a bad design choice.

I've not ran into many bugs but what I have ran into has put me off new game + until they are patched, I'll stick with getting gold medals in the challenge maps for now.

Just finished the main story on PC. Really enjoyed it. Played great, looked great and was another fun story.

Got some side stuff to do so definitely not finished with it. Will have to load this at Xmas to get that Batman Noel feel.

Lima

I don't really get what they are waiting for? Do they wanna give out the skins once everyone is done with the game already? Who thought that staggering the release of the skin packs was a good idea?

witness

I'm getting this from amazon on Thursday, but I might wait until the single player patch is out. I would lose my mind is I ran into a corrupt save or, like my friend, run into the falling through the world glitch and have to restart.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I really like this game so far, but have had 4 hard locks on the 360 so far. 3 of them were when I was just gliding around the city so I didn't lose anything, but the one, oooh the one. I just beat Deathstroke after like 45 minutes of trying and failing, and the fucking game locks before the cutscene so it didn't save it. I had to redo the whole fight over again, I was so pissed.

man enhanced vision detecting batman and robin even when they're stationary is pure garbage.

If they were going to half ass multiplayer they shouldn't have done it at all.

pa22word

Batman protests when Commissioner Gordon suggests he might be a murderer. “That’s not how I do things,” he growls. But it is how he does things; he’s killed three or four people this very Christmas Eve, all because Warner Bros Games Montreal has given him a device that can suspend hoodlums from gargoyles placed just beyond the boundaries of the map. Combined with a Batarang to cut that rope, Batman has been plunging thugs into a bottomless abyss, or if we’re still clinging to the fantasy, a 100ft drop onto ice. Developmental carelessness has made Batman a killer.

....you mean the same developmental carelessness that let me drop kick fools off a 20 story building in Arkham City >.>?

And I have no idea how in the hell they can think Rocksteady's artists did a better job than Warner Monts o_O

And AGAIN with that really shitty "story" justification of "it doesn't let me be the batman, who never loses!" to write off the changes in the gameplay as negatives.

1. That logic is faulty regardless because Batman wouldn't lose regardless of the stakes, so if they're raised it shouldn't matter.

2. It's meant to be an Origin story staring a younger, more inexperienced Batman who's not nearly as battlehardened nor are the streets themselves nearly as clean as they might be when he's in his prime, so the increased threat levels are justified.

Regardless, it's kind of absurd I should even have to stoop to this to defend system design changes in the combat system because of story anyways.

DukeBobby

These Worst Nightmare challenges are frustrating, especially the '4 exotic takedowns in one predator encounter' ones.

Enemies glitching makes things even worse.

bryanee

Hmmm just got the Deadshot glitch I think people keep mentioning. This is pissing me iff, I really like this game but man the fucking glitches.

pa22word

These Worst Nightmare challenges are frustrating, especially the '4 exotic takedowns in one predator encounter' ones.

My list was bugged and the do an encounter without ever being seen unlock was never triggered despite me doing just that like 5 times over the course of the game >.>

Top Bottom