• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Nemesis_

I just beat the opening scene, and collected all the Uplinks in that area to see what happened.

.....Nothing really happened. >_> Are the Riddler trophies gone?

Derrick01

Banned
I just beat the game and mine says 26%. What's the last boss you encountered?

Anarky
if that counts. I just went through the
Police station

Did you not do anything on the side or something? I'm assuming challenge mode stuff is included in that percentage too.

I just beat the opening scene, and collected all the Uplinks in that area to see what happened.

.....Nothing really happened. >_> Are the Riddler trophies gone?

There's a ton of Riddler stuff but it doesn't seem to be as well done as AC. The relays are just part of the collectible stuff you do for him.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Holy recycled content Batman!

Just to be clear, I played through Origins and enjoyed it immensely. The character design for Bane is amazing! I don't think that's a spoiler because he was in the trailers. The story is probably the best in the series.

Now I'm going to bitch...

The Riddler stuff? I already solved a lot of them before. There were the same exact puzzles in there.

I'm playing through AC:Goty edition because steam was nice enough to give it to me and
I just fought Ra's al Ghul. Then fight Deathstroke in Origins. You'll see.

Also, currently AC looks better on my PC imo. I have an amd 6870 card and I'm trying to figure out what changed because they recycled so much stuff in here I can't understand why it looks worse.

And I'm one of those people who can't get that tower :(

merrick97

Banned
After playing it this afternoon I do have some tips that can help anyone struggling with combat because I did figure a few things out.

The camera sucks ass, there is no getting around that unless it gets tweaked or patched. If they could move it back from Batman a little bit when he fights it would solve over half of the combat problems.

Other combat problems:
1. Batman can now get hit during what were brief invincibility frames in AC. This can cause enemies to get in cheap hits and it will drive you crazy.
2. The enemies are now MUCH quicker and quickly hit Batman even if they appear to be a safe distance.

Throw in the camera issues with those two things and you can have yourself some very frustrating combat scenarios if you are trying to build up a high multiplier. When it gets into tight places it can be downright maddening.

Anyway, your best weapon in all of this is Freeflow Focus. Once you get critical strikes and the multiple specials option you should be ok. It seems like they added in the option of doing two special moves (instant takedown, disarm & destory, multi takedown or batswarm) as a way to keep you in freeflow focus and still enable you to do your special moves.

So for every fight you get in get yourself in freeflow focus do the occasional disarm and destroy, but don't let yourself out of freeflow focus.

SInce I focused on that (no pun intended) the fights have become much more enjoyable. I rarely used freeflow focus in AC, but in this game I feel its more of a necessity.

Curious...how do you access the Batsuit Chamber in the non-Wii U versions?

On Wii U, it asks you to
place your index finger on the Gamepad and then 'scans' it, followed by a message saying 'WELCOME BRUCE WAYNE'

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Anarky
if that counts. I just went through the
Police station

Did you not do anything on the side or something? I'm assuming challenge mode stuff is included in that percentage too.

There's a ton of Riddler stuff but it doesn't seem to be as well done as AC. The relays are just part of the collectible stuff you do for him.

There's a metric fuckton of stuff that seems to count, check the statistics from the main menu. I'm at 90% in the story and the game is showing around 30%.

You do still have a lot to go, though.

lucius

I beat both Arkham games on hard and did New game+ pretty easy in AC except like one part, but this game I was dying so much in first hour on Hard I just restarted on normal.

pa22word

Curious...how do you access the Batsuit Chamber in the non-Wii U versions?

On Wii U, it asks you to
place your index finger on the Gamepad and then 'scans' it, followed by a message saying 'WELCOME BRUCE WAYNE'

You just walk up to it and press a button, lol.

I'm at a loss here; back in the Batcave after
the Bane fight/saving Joker from the fall
and it won't let me progress. Batman is invisible and can't move, and the camera seems to be locked slightly above the Batwing.

Rnr1224

so ive beaten the game and done all of the side missions except for the Enigma stuff. if i start a new game plus, will all my progress with the collectibles carry over? and is the new game plus the same as it was in Arkham City (harder enemies and no counter prompts)?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
so ive beaten the game and done all of the side missions except for the Enigma stuff. if i start a new game plus, will all my progress with the collectibles carry over? and is the new game plus the same as it was in Arkham City (harder enemies and no counter prompts)?

The latter is yes, the former I think so.

eshwaaz

Was about 8 hours in and really enjoying it, but just booted up to a corrupted save. Tried to back up my save a few days ago, but this is one of those asshole games that won't let you copy your save for no good reason whatsoever. If you're going to prevent me from making a back up, you need to make damn sure your product is stable.

Completely ruined my experience. I guess I'm done.

Balphon

When I tried to mash attack on deathstroke he would pull off an un-counterable combo that would take a decent chunk of my health away. Almost like he was slapping my hand for doing something I knew I shouldn't have been doing.

I wailed on him endlessly and he never did anything I couldn't counter; he'd just block and occasionally fall into his "counter this to damage me" animations until he died.

Rnr1224

The latter is yes, the former I think so.

ok then ill probably do some research to find out for sure. getting all of these data packs is going to take a while. also im having trouble getting the one million skin. ive made a WBID account and signed in on AO but whenever i select the WBID option on the menu, it just says that i have already signed up for an account. anything im doing wrong?

neoism

This part in AA scared the shit out of me the first time.

lol glad the city and everything works... been leveling up....AO is great but man I want to finished the story.. patch please hurry.... wish my GFWL key worked in steam so I could have all the games... next time AA is under 5 I'll just get it again.... games was baller...

erawsd

I beat both Arkham games on hard and did New game+ pretty easy in AC except like one part, but this game I was dying so much in first hour on Hard I just restarted on normal.

The game basically has a reverse difficulty curve. Half way through its becomes really easy and once you get the shock gloves its pretty much just a matter of mashing x until everything is dead .

I picked up the Wii U version last night. I'm up to the sewers now. It has frozen on my twice, but I'm enjoying it. Deathstroke reminded me of the first Girahim fight in Skyward Sword.

Awesome so far, enjoying it more than I did the beginning of Arkham City. That probably has a lot to do with the fact that I replayed Asylum before City came out, so was a bit burned out. The combat is just immense fun.

Anyone else on PC getting really inconsistent framerates? Mine is all over the place between 30 and 60, regardless of context. I can be walking down a featureless corridor at 30, then fight 15 people while swinging the camera around at 60

Still no update on a fix for the Burnley tower glitch? :(

That the one with the anchor point above a breakable wall? Said something about a
remote batclaw
, I assumed I'd get it later in the game. Silly that I can't just jump in regardless

Still no update on a fix for the Burnley tower glitch? :(
I did the silly glitch to fix the glitch trick on the PC version to complete it. You can go into the tower and hack the first terminal, fast travel out and do the glitch to get it done. Stupid, but it worked.

I ran into another glitch during the
Mad Hatter quest
. During his
hallucination sequence in Wonderland (which was pretty cool), the stupid tea cup holder your supposed to ride across the river wouldn't drop properly so when you attached the the hook Batman wouldn't pull himself anywhere. I had to reload that sequence damn near 10 times before it landed properly and I could pull myself across.

It completely ruined an otherwise neat gameplay sequence.:( The game really does need a single player patch ASAP. I'm enjoying the hell out of it otherwise.

Has anyone done the Burnley Tower using this method? If so, got any protips that aren't in the video? I actually got him to do the jump thing once but didn't land inside the fence :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw
I used a combination of the crouch and hitting the jump button onto the wall. I did it on my third try so I never bothered to try to redo the glitch from there. Sorry.:(

Has anyone done the Burnley Tower using this method? If so, got any protips that aren't in the video? I actually got him to do the jump thing once but didn't land inside the fence :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw
Took me about ten minutes to get it right. Yes, this bug is painfully silly because it's so central to the game, but there is fortunately an hilarious way around it (check video) for anyone who can't wait. Unfortunately I have no tips for you. If you've done it once I think you're doing it right.

Took me about ten minutes to get it right. Yes, this bug is painfully silly because it's so central to the game, but there is fortunately an hilarious way around it (check video) for anyone who can't wait. Unfortunately I have no tips for you. If you've done it once I think you're doing it right.

I managed to do it in on my third try.

Anyway, finished the game and I'll say that they recycled too much stuff from AC which explains the relatively low ratings the game got. It only managed to excel in boss fights - really.

I think I can confidently say that this is the best game I've played that has as much recycled content as it does. That may not seem like much of a complement, but I think it is. I know it's hard, but if you can imagine someone that skipped AC and played this... this is great shit apart from bugs. I still really liked it and would gladly give these guys a crack at a more original take.

Angry Fork

I loved Arkham City, I loved the open world and enjoyed it way more than Asylum which I thought was good but not great. AC was a huge step up to me. Which one is Origins more like? I still don't really know what this game is trying to be, is it some kind of alternate reality version of this series?

Skyzard

Banned
Some of you guys come play the 3DS/Vita version. Thread is pretty lonely, except for the people mistaking it for this thread.

Sojgat

I loved Arkham City, I loved the open world and enjoyed it way more than Asylum which I thought was good but not great. AC was a huge step up to me. Which one is Origins more like? I still don't really know what this game is trying to be, is it some kind of alternate reality version of this series?

It's a prequel. Compared to AC it has a better story, better combat, better art style, but it's also unpolished and buggy as shit.

Just beat the game, awesome ride, I would say it took me around 23 hours total. 15 for the main game and have done about 8 hours worth of side missions with only 2 most wanted left. I would say story wise this is my favorite and the most enjoyable one of the three for me. So I have a question for those that beat it,
What was the spoiler everyone was so up in arms about?

Just beat the game, awesome ride, I would say it took me around 23 hours total. 15 for the main game and have done about 8 hours worth of side missions with only 2 most wanted left. I would say story wise this is my favorite and the most enjoyable one of the three for me. So I have a question for those that beat it,
What was the spoiler everyone was so up in arms about?

I'm going to guess it was
Joker taking center stage again, by posing as Black Mask.

Timu

A single playthrough for AO was longer than mine form AC. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but AO can't be shorter, if it's shorter at all.
Well AC was 10 hours for me while AO was 6(I beat it on the 2nd day I got it and I rarely ever do that anymore) for me just doing the campaign and not touching anything else(until they were beaten) so I guess it does vary on the person like you said.

Top Bottom