• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Balphon

Apparently my save has glitched out and I can no longer complete Penguin's most wanted mission.

How aggravating.

EDIT: Looks like it wasn't quite as bad as I thought; I did manage to finish it, but it sure seemed like I wasn't going to be able to.

erawsd

I'm going to guess it was
Joker taking center stage again, by posing as Black Mask.

Yeah, I was very annoyed by that myself.
Hopefully, the next game follows after AC and he stays dead. Although, there is already hints in the Harley DLC of a potential ressurection/cloning taking place.

Finishing up the worst nightmare challenges. Are there any predator areas that respawn after game completion? That would suck if not. I remember AC still had predator areas after beating the main campaign.

Any destructible panel marked in detective vision will do it. Just gell up the wall and keep the left trigger down ready to detonate, the game will tell you how many hostiles the blast will incapacitate so just hit the button when it says at least one. I was a bit trigger happy at first and just knocking them out instead if taking them down, be patient and let therm get close enough to the gel. Just keep your eye on the hostile counter.
I've already unlocked the proximity detonator upgrade which keeps going off prematurely, so no dice. Definitely going to skip that upgrade in NG+, assuming nothing carries over.

You need a solid wall. The lighter surfaces and glass stuff doesn't work.
Good to know, I'll stop pulling my hair out trying to get it on this room then.

You can do it as part of the Deadshot side mission. That's how I got it done.
Perfect, thanks!

I'm currently running around snagging datapacks. I've interrogated all the Enigma Goons, and yet the stats screen says I've got one left.

So annoying!

I'm currently running around snagging datapacks. I've interrogated all the Enigma Goons, and yet the stats screen says I've got one left.

So annoying!

If you've not finished the game yet, yes, you have one left.

Finishing up the worst nightmare challenges. Are there any predator areas that respawn after game completion? That would suck if not. I remember AC still had predator areas after beating the main campaign.

I think it's a no unfortunately. That's the only thing I've got left to do in the SP, but can't be bothered with NG+ yet, hate the counter signals going away. When I finished the riddler stuff I went everywhere again, and no predator rooms were spotted :(

Well I finished new game plus last night and wanted to post some of my own thoughts before getting ready for work.

I was a bit wary going into this game, but got it day one anyways. I started off by choosing "hard mode" right off the bat and much to my surprise, the game was ACTUALLY hard. I think I died in every boss fight a handful of times. Some of my problems were with the camera during combat. I don't think I ever had much trouble seeing what was going on in the previous two Arkham games, but in this game I felt like the camera was in too tight and I couldn't get a good lay of the land.

I too encountered my fair share of bugs and glitches in this game. I had three freezes, three times I had to restart because something wouldn't trigger (interrogations, grapple point on the bridge) and a few non-game breaking bugs like enemies walking through rooftop vents, enemies getting stuck in the walls of GCPD, silent take downs not triggering on rooftop snipers, enemies popping straight up into the air after the multi-ground take down, enemies getting back up after being KO'd in combat challenge rooms. I don't think I have encountered a game so bugged in the last few console generations. The last big bug I had to worry about the save glitch in WWF No Mercy on the Nintendo 64. I know we live in an era of being able to patch games, but I pity the folks who will stumble across these games years from now with no real promise that patchs will be available years after the PS3/360 servers are supported. Hopefully the complete edition will have all the patches included.

Whoever called Arkham Origins "more of the same", but not in a negative light is pretty much spot on in my view. WB Montreal really didn't rock the boat one way or another with the game. The addition of martial artists in combat is very welcome and are implemented very well. I really would have liked to have seen a change to some of the predator gameplay. True, we get the remote claw, but it doesn't really add any challenge, but adds a few different types of takedowns. The drone is introduced very early on in the story and could have been implemented in predator rooms to mix things up. I would have liked to have seen a new enemy type or maneuver in Predator rooms.

I really enjoyed doing the medals in the previous Arkham games, but I am finding it hard to try in this version. Maybe its because I rushed through the story mode twice and need to let it rest. It doesn't help that I never liked the concept of the campaign medals. I went through those challenges by themselves, doing them in a gauntlet doesn't make them any more fun. I almost have all the Predator room stuff now, which makes me content.

I really have no desire to touch online. I platinum'd the first two games but doubt I will get some of those online trophies. Speaking of which, I was surprised there were no DLC trophies attached to Deathstroke's medals like how there were with Catwoman in Arkham City.

I think that is enough for now, I will probably post something in the spoiler thread when I get back in the afternoon.

I have the same problem too, even worse I have already gone through New Game + and still got quite a few to go before I am complete with Worst Nightmare. I am not too sure if "I am the Night" mode will give me many opportunities to run through those challenges without running into trouble. I still need to the sonic boom batarang which I need to do the last Predator Challenge room.

Which also reminds me that the post game world of Arkham Origins is pretty dead. I understand some buildings being vacant after the story, but the GCPD? I really enjoyed hearing the banter that the enemies would have when you would go explore post game in Arkham City.

strafer

Man, the cutscenes in AA feels a little stiff now compared to AO.

That is one thing I hope Rocksteady copies. The cutscenes were awesome.

And maybe the XP. Love knowing how I did.

Really lagging behind on these. I'm 15/15 for the combat one, 14/15 for the city/exploration one, and at like 5/15 for the predator one, largely because I haven't seen an area in ages that has an explosive gel takedown spot.

Really lagging behind on these. I'm 15/15 for the combat one, 14/15 for the city/exploration one, and at like 5/15 for the predator one, largely because I haven't seen an area in ages that has an explosive gel takedown spot.

I'm in exactly the same position (except that I'm still only 14/15 on combat).

I'm off to the
Morgue
, so think I'm right near the end now.

Worst thing is, I was doing a lot of the higher level challenges near when I started, but because you have to unlock them in order they've not registered.

Pain in the arse!

As a batman fan: some of Rocksteady's art in this series borders on butchery (Harley...my god). I can't imagine how anyone who's familiar at all with any of the source material can in good faith call the art direction of AC "good" by any measure of the word. If anything, Warner mont did as good as a job as they could have given they had to make people in this game look like a realistic regression of the shit in AC/AA and still manage to look decent.
Could not agree more. Rocksteady's art is really, really hit and miss. More miss, really. Like some weird mash-up of cartoony and grimdark Unreal Engine bullshit.

One of my favourite things about AO is the art design.

I'm off to the
Morgue
Yeah, we're in the exact same spot. Really feel that the game is short on predator areas. And if they're going to have sequential challenges set in the areas they do have, they should really make sure the challenges are viable in those areas.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I'm off to the
Morgue

Worst thing is, I was doing a lot of the higher level challenges near when I started, but because you have to unlock them in order they've not registered.

Pain in the arse!

I'm in the exact same spot stuck on the same one. By the time I got to the multiple exotic takedown one there simply has not been a wall to gel in the last 3-4 predator rooms.

What was the thing about stuff not respawning? Was it group of enemies?

For the worst nightmare track ,you want to try and get all those challenges asap, because once you've did a story area, that's it. You can't come back later and do a predator room again to try complete more of the challenges. AC for example, respawned the subway area, and the room in the museum with Freeze's suit often.

strafer

For the worst nightmare track ,you want to try and get all those challenges asap, because once you've did a story area, that's it. You can't come back later and do a predator room again to try complete more of the challenges. AC for example, respawned the subway area, and the room in the museum with Freeze's suit often.

Yeah, they should really patch that so they respawn. Doesn't feel so open world if the mobs all disappear.

Yup.

I've come across a lot of destructible walls, but they're all ones you can punch through to takedown, and apparently it HAS to be one that can only be destroyed by gel.

I've held off getting any upgrades with the word "proximity" in just in case, as I've heard they detonate too early to be effective.

Wait, you can't choose to use the normal or the proximity one? I always thought you could.

I'm in the exact same spot stuck on the same one. By the time I got to the multiple exotic takedown one there simply has not been a wall to gel in the last 3-4 predator rooms.

Yup.

I've come across a lot of destructible walls, but they're all ones you can punch through to takedown, and apparently it HAS to be one that can only be destroyed by gel.

I've held off getting any upgrades with the word "proximity" in just in case, as I've heard they detonate too early to be effective.

Yup.

The only two rooms I can remember having all the requirements for Worst Nightmare 6 are the bank and the very last predator room of the story in
Blackgate

Lima

I've already unlocked the proximity detonator upgrade which keeps going off prematurely, so no dice. Definitely going to skip that upgrade in NG+, assuming nothing carries over.

Just so you know this doesn't matter. If you put the gel on a solid wall and have the proximity upgrade unlocked it will detonate as soon as a person gets close to it and it will take them down no problem.

Just so you know this doesn't matter. If you put the gel on a solid wall and have the proximity upgrade unlocked it will detonate as soon as a person gets close to it and it will take them down no problem.
So it really is just the type of wall that's not working. Good to know, thanks.

Finally won a match as batman after playing him 4-5 times.

The best thing to do is to silent takedown the special bosses. You get a truckload of intimidation for doing it. The second best thing is to not die at all. If you chain takedowns you get more intimidation. Variation doesn't matter if you die before you can do your next takedown.

Also got my dark knight suit. Time to tackle I am the night mode.

Tsukumo

There aren't. Not only that but the game keeps respawning snipers over and over in the Diamond district, which makes extremely frustrating to look for the Riddler stuff and the Anarky signs. You could try attacking some rooftop with perched snipers and rifle-equipped thugs: I unlock some of the worst nightmare challenge doing so, but some of them (for some incomprehensible, unfathomable reason) just refuse to unlock unless you perform them during story missions.

I really have no desire to touch online. I platinum'd the first two games but doubt I will get some of those online trophies. Speaking of which, I was surprised there were no DLC trophies attached to Deathstroke's medals like how there were with Catwoman in Arkham City.

I would give it a shot. As someone who got a reset on weapon unlocks and alternative outfits unlocks TWICE I shouldn't say this, but honestly they nailed the meta-game on some many levels:
- when you are a thug you really don't look up :D you are completely in the zone and focused on the enemy faction. Then all of a sudden something comes out of the floor or right down from the sky and you're done.
- as heroes, you have all the time to study enemies behaviour and patterns, since they have no option or resource to pressure you. It's a unique feeling to successfully tail, isolate and takedown an enemy.
- character customization is incredible. I can't get enough of the opening sequences when you look at your teammates and your carefully designed thug.
- unless the host knows what he's doing, it's fairly balanced: even clans who come up as a group get switched around. The key to winning is cooperation and, surprise surprise, the ones who do this faster and more efficiently are usually hero players.
- melee takedowns are memorable and the animations are well worth the risk you'll take to perform them.

witness

They need to get a patch out, I'm leaving this game sealed up until a single player patch is out. If its not patched soon I'm just returning it to amazon. There's too many horror stories of people starting over hours into it, including my friend hit a falling through the world glitch 8 hours deep. The venom and seething anger over on the official forums is amazing.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
They need to get a patch out, I'm leaving this game sealed up until a single player patch is out. If its not patched soon I'm just returning it to amazon. There's too many horror stories of people starting over hours into it, including my friend hit a falling through the world glitch 8 hours deep. The venom and seething anger over on the official forums is amazing.

Wise choice. I'm a little broken up over my own glitch that killed my 5 hour save. Good game, though!

strafer

Despite being full of bugs I really like this game. But will not be doing any side missions and stuff until the patch is done.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

At least those people can PLAY their game. I can't get past the "press start" without a crash on PC since the new update.

I'm playing on PC and I haven't run into anything gamebreaking or not solvable by just reloading. I managed to outglitch the Burnley Tower comm station. BUT , despite the fact that I've spent 18 or so hours on the story collecting things, already beat the story, all the case files, and only missing
Enigma and Anarky
Most Wanteds, I haven't been able to get the
Blackgate Prisoners
Most Wanted to pop up. Moreover, I've got an empty slot in the character profiles screen, top right corner, and I have no idea who it is or how to get them unlocked. Somebody mind telling me who goes there or how to get them?

Otherwise, this game has been awesome. The datapacks are not as great or fun as the Riddler puzzles in City, but whatever, they're not terrible and at least very easy to collect. Haven't touched the challenge maps, but that's what I spent the most time with in City, so I'm excited to get on that once I've unlocked all my upgrades. Also, call me a tool, but I bought the season pass. I'm a sucker for skins, hopefully they release the sets soon.

I've had fun in multiplayer, but it's been so difficult to get a match to actually start without getting disconnected. I wonder what's going on with that. I've pretty much given up, though, unless they make it pitch-perfect sometime in the future.

Phandy

Finally won a match as batman after playing him 4-5 times.

The best thing to do is to silent takedown the special bosses. You get a truckload of intimidation for doing it. The second best thing is to not die at all. If you chain takedowns you get more intimidation. Variation doesn't matter if you die before you can do your next takedown.

Also got my dark knight suit. Time to tackle I am the night mode.

Inverted takedowns are great on bosses because they don't drop into the danger zone around them. But you do a little bit of damage to them. Chaining and variation are the key!
Also dropping thugs in multiplayer is hilarious when your dressed up like adam west, its always amusing.

I would give it a shot. As someone who got a reset on weapon unlocks and alternative outfits unlocks TWICE I shouldn't say this, but honestly they nailed the meta-game on some many levels:
- when you are a thug you really don't look up :D you are completely in the zone and focused on the enemy faction. Then all of a sudden something comes out of the floor or right down from the sky and you're done.
- as heroes, you have all the time to study enemies behaviour and patterns, since they have no option or resource to pressure you. It's a unique feeling to successfully tail, isolate and takedown an enemy.
- character customization is incredible. I can't get enough of the opening sequences when you look at your teammates and your carefully designed thug.
- unless the host knows what he's doing, it's fairly balanced: even clans who come up as a group get switched around. The key to winning is cooperation and, surprise surprise, the ones who do this faster and more efficiently are usually hero players.
- melee takedowns are memorable and the animations are well worth the risk you'll take to perform them.

Yes yes yes. This is pretty much everything we wanted from it, glad people are playing and seeing some of the great stuff in it. Playing batman and stealthing real people as thugs is super satisfying. I never get bored of hitting thugs with batarangs from a distance when they are mid fight just to fuck with them. Especially if you need a team to catch up in tickets to give you some more time. Some times we had people actually need to suicide as a hero to keep a team from winning so they could have more time to win themselves (as heroes).

GT did a little explanation of our mutiplayer here for those who are interested; http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/rmon8w/batman--arkham-origins-how-to-battle-the-bat---mp-overview

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I'm playing on PC and I haven't run into anything gamebreaking or not solvable by just reloading. I managed to outglitch the Burnley Tower comm station. BUT , despite the fact that I've spent 18 or so hours on the story collecting things, already beat the story, all the case files, and only missing
Enigma and Anarky
Most Wanteds, I haven't been able to get the
Blackgate Prisoners
Most Wanted to pop up.

Those only showed up for me after completing all the crime scene investigations.

Inverted takedowns are great on bosses because they don't drop into the danger zone around them. But you do a little bit of damage to them. Chaining and variation are the key!
Also dropping thugs in multiplayer is hilarious when your dressed up like adam west, its always amusing.

Yes yes yes. This is pretty much everything we wanted from it, glad people are playing and seeing some of the great stuff in it. Playing batman and stealthing real people as thugs is super satisfying. I never get bored of hitting thugs with batarangs from a distance when they are mid fight just to fuck with them. Especially if you need a team to catch up in tickets to give you some more time. Some times we had people actually need to suicide as a hero to keep a team from winning so they could have more time to win themselves (as heroes).

GT did a little explanation of our mutiplayer here for those who are interested; http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/rmon8w/batman--arkham-origins-how-to-battle-the-bat---mp-overview

Hey, do you have any idea if there's something in the works for multiplayer? Particularly, I've been having difficulties with the players failing to connect to the host, kicking us back to the lobby, and also the game suddenly gets stuck on the loading screen. Also, this is probably a joint operation between WBM and SD, but you wouldn't happen to know when the first set of skins is coming, do ya?

Those only showed up for me after completing all the crime scene investigations.

Unfortunately, I've already done that. :( My friend has put even more hours into collecting things than me and he is also having this problem. He's done more than I have, basically.

AHA-Lambda

Can anyone help me find the entrance of the steel mill I'm trying to get back for collectible hunting but I can't the way in!

I really wish the map would indicate where the entrance is...

Just got to the
Sewers
and the game is starting to annoy the shit out of me. Bad guys are teleporting into the air while fighting, zip lines don't end with me crashing through the window like they should I fall into water and the camera is bugging out all over the place

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Unfortunately, I've already done that. :( My friend has put even more hours into collecting things than me and he is also having this problem. He's done more than I have, basically.

Hmm. Did you also do all the drug canisters? The Most Wanted you're looking for is the last one to populate for me. All others are complete except Enigma and I am after the conclusion of the story campaign. They might not trigger until then. Dunno.

Hmm. Did you also do all the drug canisters? The Most Wanted you're looking for is the last one to populate for me. All others are complete except Enigma and I am after the conclusion of the story campaign. They might not trigger until then. Dunno.

Oh, damn, I forgot I have like one drug canister and one Penguin arms container to go. Crap. I'll do those then get back to you. I have finished the campaign, though. I've just been going around the city doing whatever is closest on the map at a given moment, be it datapacks or whatever.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Multiplayer's totally worth it, if only for that perfect moment where you get to control Bane and snap Batman's back over your knee. Such a FUCK YEAH feeling.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Multiplayer's totally worth it, if only for that perfect moment where you get to control Bane and snap Batman's back over your knee. Such a FUCK YEAH feeling.

Bane is a powerhouse. You can absolutely anihilate the entire team with him. Not tried The Joker. Is he up to snuff?

Phandy

Hey, do you have any idea if there's something in the works for multiplayer? Particularly, I've been having difficulties with the players failing to connect to the host, kicking us back to the lobby, and also the game suddenly gets stuck on the loading screen. Also, this is probably a joint operation between WBM and SD, but you wouldn't happen to know when the first set of skins is coming, do ya?

The guys are working on patches right now and are aware of all the major issues people are having. Honesty wouldn't know an ETA though, but its being worked on right now for release asap I guess.

Bane is a powerhouse. You can absolutely anihilate the entire team with him. Not tried The Joker. Is he up to snuff?

The Joker has a bit more finesse, but is just as strong, he has a main pistol which is super accurate and one hits people, but its slow rate of fire. He also has a secondary pistol which is an explosive rounds burst fire pistol, takes a lot to control though, which is AWESOME. NB; I designed both of those guns, so I'm bias as to how much I like him :). He also can melee takedown people in awesome ways. Some of the most brutal takedowns come from the Joker.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
If you position yourself well and are on-target with your shots, he can be a force. Much more finesse required to play him than Bane, though, definitely.

The guys are working on patches right now and are aware of all the major issues people are having. Honesty wouldn't know an ETA though, but its being worked on right now for release asap I guess.

Ah, well, thanks for the information. It's cool to have a guy "on the inside". ;D

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Anarky
if that counts. I just went through the
Police station

Did you not do anything on the side or something? I'm assuming challenge mode stuff is included in that percentage too.

There's a ton of Riddler stuff but it doesn't seem to be as well done as AC. The relays are just part of the collectible stuff you do for him.

You have a ways to go then. I did not do any side quests other than random beat downs on the streets and rooftops. I didn't even do any of the
Anarky
stuff.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If you position yourself well and are on-target with your shots, he can be a force. Much more finesse required to play him than Bane, though, definitely.

That's cool. It's nice that they play so differently. I assume he is much faster than Bane?

The Joker has a bit more finesse, but is just as strong, he has a main pistol which is super accurate and one hits people, but its slow rate of fire. He also has a secondary pistol which is an explosive rounds burst fire pistol, takes a lot to control though, which is AWESOME. NB; I designed both of those guns, so I'm bias as to how much I like him :). He also can melee takedown people in awesome ways. Some of the most brutal takedowns come from the Joker.

Hahah! I shall have a ganders when I get the chance (SP save file glitch has me a little bummed out at the moment). Did you have anything to do with the Elite designs? They were really impressive, I made an audible gasp when I saw them. Mad Dog FTW.

Phandy

That's cool. It's nice that they play so differently. I assume he is much faster than Bane?

Hahah! I shall have a ganders when I get the chance (SP save file glitch has me a little bummed out at the moment). Did you have anything to do with the Elite designs? They were really impressive, I made an audible gasp when I saw them. Mad Dog FTW.

I wish! The characters are all amazing. (I'm mostly props/environments/weapons). They were designed mostly by 1 of my colleagues. But the character artists did an AMAZING job creating them in game. And then the guys doing the customization just made it perfect. Every single outfit and piece you have morphs to every body type you have. It still amazes me, that every combination works so well. Character team fucking nailed it.

Double D

So the Enigma stuff. I managed to glitch the burnley tower after several attempts so I bypassed that stupid vent. Anyways, did all the towers, destroyed all the relay things.
Went to what I thought would be a face to face with Enigma and I just punched a computer. And then there's that locked door right ther next to said punched computer that I can't get into. I'm guessing I need all the Extortion files to get in there, right?

Top Bottom