• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

I'm hoping that when i go and replay in new game+ to finish up the worst nightmare challenges that the progress and dark knight suit unlock will also transfer over to the standard single player save.

So the Enigma stuff. I managed to glitch the burnley tower after several attempts so I bypassed that stupid vent. Anyways, did all the towers, destroyed all the relay things.
Went to what I thought would be a face to face with Enigma and I just punched a computer. And then there's that locked door right ther next to said punched computer that I can't get into. I'm guessing I need all the Extortion files to get in there, right?

Pretty sure you need to 100% his Most Wanted file.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Oh, damn, I forgot I have like one drug canister and one Penguin arms container to go. Crap. I'll do those then get back to you. I have finished the campaign, though. I've just been going around the city doing whatever is closest on the map at a given moment, be it datapacks or whatever.

LOL Bro that's Arkham City style. I'm all over the fast-travel keeping me mission-focused!

Multiplayer's totally worth it, if only for that perfect moment where you get to control Bane and snap Batman's back over your knee. Such a FUCK YEAH feeling.

I'll try again but I kept getting into lobbies that would just hang at 7 players and never start the match. PS3. Friend me up: imbarkus

So the Enigma stuff. I managed to glitch the burnley tower after several attempts so I bypassed that stupid vent. Anyways, did all the towers, destroyed all the relay things.
Went to what I thought would be a face to face with Enigma and I just punched a computer. And then there's that locked door right ther next to said punched computer that I can't get into. I'm guessing I need all the Extortion files to get in there, right?

Yeah me too but I'm going to keep expectations low as I get them, because the Arkham City Riddler confrontation was a bit of a letdown. At that point, the payoff is the completion percentage, amirite?

LOL Bro that's Arkham City style. I'm all over the fast-travel keeping me mission-focused!

Haha, I'm not so much of a crude, I use fast travel when I'm done with an area. But I usually say "ok, I'm going to get everything in this area" so I get all the datapacks, drug stashes, arms crates, relays, etc., as well as all the crap inside the instances, before I fast travel to the next area. I remember just going around looking for crap to do in AC, though. Ah, good times.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Haha, I'm not so much of a crude, I use fast travel when I'm done with an area. But I usually say "ok, I'm going to get everything in this area" so I get all the datapacks, drug stashes, arms crates, relays, etc., as well as all the crap inside the instances, before I fast travel to the next area. I remember just going around looking for crap to do in AC, though. Ah, good times.

Yeah it's going to become that now that I'm down to prisoners and extortion packs, which is cool. But before that, I had this middle phase, after progressing the story a bit, where I would fast-travel to chase down one of those quest chains.

It was really the investigations that got me doing this. I always wanted to apprehend that suspect straight away.

I should have went back to the Batcave more. I think I missed out on some XP there.

What's this tower glitch I'm hearing about? The only freeze I had the whole time was launching multiplayer. I had no glitches, no problems. It got a bit frameratey after long play sessions but if I relaunched it cleared right up. I'm on PS3, is PC more buggy or something (I know I could read back, but it's a long thread)?

Phandy

Oh yeah for multiplayer btw, the best way too secure a match is too invite as many friends as possible (kind of obvious I know). Your much less likely to run into issues if you can group up. Seems to eliminate some issues.

AHA-Lambda

Just completed the Enigma stuff, so underwhelming.

You go into his room and he's gone, behind a destructible wall is a Riddler trophy.
That's it.

To those who at least deactivated the server, what did Enigma mean by
he's discovered a special secret? Does he know Batman is Bruce Wayne?

Tsukumo

I'm hoping that when i go and replay in new game+ to finish up the worst nightmare challenges that the progress and dark knight suit unlock will also transfer over to the standard single player save.

they do. The effed up thing about new game plus is that they remove the tools you acquire during the game:
concussion detonator, the new zip-line and the electrocuting punches.
What's the point of new game plus if I can't use them from the start? Also, they told serious bullshit when they sold the "cg cinematics are less intrusive" propaganda: there's MORE cg sequences then City and not even the Batwing boarding is shown with the alternative skins. You constantly jump from the alternative skin to the Origins one. So messy.
Frankly I'm more disturbed by these little things than the bugs and the glitches.

As someone who's finished the game sort of rushing it, I regret not having done this. I'm looking by myself at Anarky signs
and Cyrus Pinkney plates
and I'm enjoying the map to its fullest.

What's this tower glitch I'm hearing about? The only freeze I had the whole time was launching multiplayer. I had no glitches, no problems. It got a bit frameratey after long play sessions but if I relaunched it cleared right up. I'm on PS3, is PC more buggy or something (I know I could read back, but it's a long thread)?

PC overall is less buggy, or so I've heard. But the main problem is the Burnley comm tower bug, where when you jump through the window and hack Enigma's first console, it locks you in. Once you take off the vent cover to get out, the game won't let you climb into it.

I encountered this but I used the super jump to circumvent it. That's the only thing I've run into for sure that was annoying, but the super jump took about 5 minutes to nail anyway so it's not that big a deal. The other couple of glitches I've run into were fixed by reloading the checkpoint. Nothing serious.

To those who at least deactivated the server, what did Enigma mean by
he's discovered a special secret? Does he know Batman is Bruce Wayne?

Huh, that's curious.
He doesn't seem to know it in the later games, but that would definitely be in line with the Hush story

Imbarkus

Just completed the Enigma stuff, so underwhelming.

You go into his room and he's gone, behind a destructible wall is a Riddler trophy.
That's it.

I knew it. I'm glad I let you spoil it for me.

This would have been the game to surprise us with a secret, meaty something at the end of that quest chain. But after City, I had no reason to believe...

Eh, I'll do it anyway...

PC overall is less buggy, or so I've heard. But the main problem is the Burnley comm tower bug, where when you jump through the window and hack Enigma's first console, it locks you in. Once you take off the vent cover to get out, the game won't let you climb into it.

I encountered this but I used the super jump to circumvent it.

Weird. I'm pretty sure I just ran over and jumped up into the grate-hole.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I wish! The characters are all amazing. (I'm mostly props/environments/weapons). They were designed mostly by 1 of my colleagues. But the character artists did an AMAZING job creating them in game. And then the guys doing the customization just made it perfect. Every single outfit and piece you have morphs to every body type you have. It still amazes me, that every combination works so well. Character team fucking nailed it.

Absolutely. All the artwork in the game is top notch. I hope they intend on expanding the multiplayer, though, it is a very good idea.

Psykoboy2

Is it possible to finish all the side missions (case files & most wanted) before finishing the main story? I'm...sort of role playing this in a sense in that I'd like to complete the story AND have everything else wrapped up so it really feels like a finish to it all. I just got to the 90% completion part (which now sounds like it reverts to 70% or so).

Imbarkus

Is it possible to finish all the side missions (case files & most wanted) before finishing the main story? I'm...sort of role playing this in a sense in that I'd like to complete the story AND have everything else wrapped up so it really feels like a finish to it all. I just got to the 90% completion part (which now sounds like it reverts to 70% or so).

I don't think so. One of the Most Wanted is, um... sort of a result of the final climax. For role playing, it will totally make sense.

Psykoboy2

I don't think so. One of the Most Wanted is, um... sort of a result of the final climax. For role playing, it will totally make sense.

Good to know. I'm the type that would take hours of exploration before I throw my hands in the air and hit the internet for answers. I'll go as far as I can before finishing the story and then go from there.

Thanks.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Im coming to this thread late so apologies if this has already been discussed, but does anyone else think the enemy attack timings has been slightly altered from the previous 2 games?

Iv played both AA and AC on hard/NG+ as well as 3-starring all of the combat maps on both of them and something just feels off. For example if im in the middle of a move that can be interrupted (like a ground stomp) id know by enemy distance/animation if I had time to pull it off, whereas I dont in AO. Its like they either made them more aggressive or increased their attack range or something (possibly to balance the ridiculously OP gloves). Its really throwing me off and aside from the annoying bugs its the only fault of the game so far

Trigger

Goddamn, why did they make
Deathstroke
such a tough boss?! Timing the counters feels bizarrely tough.

lol, I almost considered restarting on easy because of him.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Goddamn, why did they make
Deathstroke
such a tough boss?! Timing the counters feels bizarrely tough.

lol, I almost considered restarting on easy because of him.

Yea, died my first time. Just spammed the batclaw+clothesline move, when it slows down and zooms in is when he does the massive damage, the prompt is more a QTE than a the standard Arkham counter

kinggroin

Banned
I'm liking this game more than the first one, inspite of the glitches.

Having a blast, especially with combat.

PC version here. Maybe its the extra nVIDIA stuff clouding my judgement.

KHlover

Banned
I feel lame just countering the whole time. lol, I'll do whatever gets me through this fight tho.

Just wait until your Shock Gloves are upgraded. At that point you'll counter a few blows and then GET DAT 50-70 HIT COMBO, SON. Shock Gloves + Special Multi Takedown OP, nerf nao :D

Finished the game yesterday. Damn fantastic overall!

The game seemed to have some major "The Dark Knight" style influences story wise. Even a little bit of Batman Begins. I'm sure all those influences started in comics before that, but yeah, the real dire situations Batman finds himself in towards the climax of it all, really reminded me of those two films.

This game shits all over the previous two story wise in my opinion. Batman is darker, and often is pushed to his very limits toward the latter half of the game. I really *love* that about Batman films/games. He reminded me of Christian Bales Batman quite a lot when there were close up shots of his face and he was grinding his teeth. A lot of those kinda scenes were the "WHERE ARE THEY?!!!" equivalent. The story cutscenes in general were fantastic.

Great art in this one too, a lot better than the previous two. Graphically everything looked fantastic too. Especially when there were close ups of Batman and other villains. Twas very impressive!

Overall, a superb game! I can't wait to see if WB Montreal get another pop at the series soon.

KHlover

Banned

The game seemed to have some major "The Dark Knight" style influences story wise. Even a little bit of Batman Begins. I'm sure all those influences started in comics before that, but yeah, the real dire situations Batman finds himself in towards the climax of it all, really reminded me of those two films.

This game shits all over the previous two story wise in my opinion. Batman is darker, and often is pushed to his very limits toward the latter half of the game. I really *love* that about Batman films/games. He reminded me of Christian Bales Batman quite a lot when there were close up shots of his face and he was grinding his teeth. A lot of those kinda scenes were the "WHERE ARE THEY?!!!" equivalent. The story cutscenes in general were fantastic.

Great art in this one too, a lot better than the previous two. Graphically everything looked fantastic too. Especially when there were close ups of Batman and other villains. Twas very impressive!

Overall, a superb game! I can't wait to see if WB Montreal get another pop at the series soon.

Even better in the German version:

All main characters (except Joker - which makes sense since this Joker is pretty different from Ledger's Joker) retain their voices from the movies. It really drives the atmosphere through the roof.

Fortunately the German Bane doesn't sound as if someone just ripped out his tongue:D

Slixshot

Banned

Seeing the "Queen Industries" crates and stuff has me hoping they make a green arrow game. I could see that being so cool. Add some free running to make the traversal of environments more smooth, various types of arrows to upgrade and such... man, that'd be great.

Trigger

Just wait until your Shock Gloves are upgraded. At that point you'll counter a few blows and then GET DAT 50-70 HIT COMBO, SON. Shock Gloves + Special Multi Takedown OP, nerf nao :D

Sounds amazing. I assume this is something I'll get through the story later.

I knew it. I'm glad I let you spoil it for me.

This would have been the game to surprise us with a secret, meaty something at the end of that quest chain. But after City, I had no reason to believe...

Eh, I'll do it anyway...

Haha, if you go back a few pages, I actually put up a screenshot of it haha. I quite liked it though, felt good walking into that room and seeing it.

zainetor

Banned

nah, this batman knows what's he is doing. Bale just acted smart, but was dumb as fuck.

KHlover

Banned
Sounds amazing. I assume this is something I'll get through the story later.

Yes.
The upgrades are in the "Close Combat" section and decrease the loading time/increase the duration of the shock gloves. Hits from the Shock Gloves are unblockable and will knock enemies down (not out) instantly. *_*

Even better in the German version:

All main characters (except Joker - which makes sense since this Joker is pretty different from Ledger's Joker) retain their voices from the movies. It really drives the atmosphere through the roof.

Fortunately the German Bane doesn't sound as if someone just ripped out his tongue:D

I don't understand. The characters retain their voices from the movies? Do you mean the Dark Knight Trilogy? I'm confused. :(

Seeing the "Queen Industries" crates and stuff has me hoping they make a green arrow game. I could see that being so cool. Add some free running to make the traversal of environments more smooth, various types of arrows to upgrade and such... man, that'd be great.

Hehe! If they started introducing other characters in the DC universe as wel like The Question...Gah that would be fantastic!

Anyone else notice that Gordons right hand man, GCPD Det. Harvey Bullock, is played by the same actor, Robert Costanzo, who played him in the Animated Series? I noticed it as soon as I heard him. Twas fantastic to hear him in this.

What did everyone think of Gordons voice actor? I've heard him in AA or AC, or both. He's played just generic henchmen or something similar to that, so it was weird to hear him playing Gordon. At times I felt like his voice suited quite well. Reminded me of the Gordon from the Animated Series, but at times he was a little flat, especially in
his last speech at the end of the game.
(ending spoilers).

Psykoboy2

I don't understand. The characters retain their voices from the movies? Do you mean the Dark Knight Trilogy? I'm confused. :(

So yes and no. They retain the voices from the films in German. In other words, when the movie released there they have to overdub the English voices with German ones...and those voices are the same ones used in this game. Except Joker, of course.

So yes and no. They retain the voices from the films in German. In other words, when the movie released there they have to overdub the English voices with German ones...and those voices are the same ones used in this game. Except Joker, of course.

Haha, I should have clarified that. Yep, the main characters retain their German voices from the Dark Knight Trilogy movies.

Ah I thought so. That is awesome! :) Very cool!

Tsukumo

this propane remote claw thing is driving me insane

the challenge? If you mean because of the "habit" of the claw to pull them into walls, I'd try luring enemies with the sonic batarang in a place where there's nothing in the way of the propane's trajectory. Or you can put an enemy down with a triple stun close to a propane tank, so that as soon as he rise up, cue the Training day gif, BOOM! :D

Ephemeris

the challenge? If you mean because of the "habit" of the claw to pull them into walls, I'd try luring enemies with the sonic batarang in a place where there's nothing in the way of the propane's trajectory. Or you can put an enemy down with a triple stun close to a propane tank, so that as soon as he rise up, cue the Training day gif, BOOM! :D

At best I've knocked out two in pursuit of defeating worst nightmare 14.

Imbarkus

Anyone else notice that Gordons right hand man, GCPD Det. Harvey Bullock, is played by the same actor, Robert Costanzo, who played him in the Animated Series? I noticed it as soon as I heard him. Twas fantastic to hear him in this.

I appreciated this.

The whole Year One vibe of this game was a welcome treat. too bad they couldn't get Bryan Cranston to revise his Gordon. I thought the Gordon actor did well.

This Batman interpretation really shined, however. Troy Baker did a good Joker, but Roger Smith should go on to contribute this Batman to further animated works, IMO.

I now want a Birds of Prey game staring Barbara Gordon Batgirl, Huntress, Catwoman, and Black Canary.

You should start a Kickstarter to continue the TV series.

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay, the amount of thugs with firearms and sniper rifles on rooftops is getting pretty ridiculous now.

WHOW! Just finished
the Royal Hotel part - The Joker & Bane Encounter. Amazing. Great pacing, excellent Bane fight. That fall with the Joker, his monologue with Harley. A+
This game is great. Currently at ~15hrs.

The Enigma stuff wouldn't have been so bad if there was more to acquiring them than just picking them up. Only a small handful involve any type of thinking. While AC had way, way too many Riddler trophies, most of them involved legitimate puzzles and the death trap rooms were cool.

Top Bottom