• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
KEaton looked like a statue. That was fine for the limitations of the time but lets not let nostalgia get in the way. They did a lot of camera tricks to make Keaton Batman move as little as possible. He did not look like a super agile ninja at all.

I dunno - he seems to move a hell of a lot faster than Bale does. Especially that Bell Tower scene. Yeah, he doesn't move MUCH, but when he does, he doesn't seem to lumber like Bale does. He moves pretty swiftly in the frame.

jett

D-Member
Based on his description I expect something that looks more like cloth rather than rubber or power armor. I'm actually picturing Captain America's suit in the first movie.

shira

Yeah, but he only HAD his eyes. Batman's entire lower half of his face is exposed. You can see him smile, frown, grit his teeth, sneer, etc.

I don't really know what you're getting at. The two examples are pretty different. Covering one part of the face isn't the same as covering another - and neither example necessitates suggesting you should just CGI a whole person. That's excessive.
Spider-Man.

Nolan was fine for quick cut real gritty action, but if you doing BVS it might as well all be CG

MisterHero

this is neat. someone repainted a Batman 1989 figure with comic book colors

comicbatmanprojectblup8f8q.jpg

edit: it looks like a shop. still, looks pretty good

Spider-Man.

Nolan was fine for quick cut real gritty action, but if you doing BVS it might as well all be CG

That still makes no sense. Completely CGI'ing a whole actor simply because you can't see their eyes is pretty fuckin' overkill, man. You could make the same argument for anyone in a movie who's wearing a pair of sunglasses. :)

edit: What's funny is that, honestly, I think superhero films ARE better suited to being animated than live-action. But if you're GOING to make a live-action movie, you have to be smart about when and how you use the CG. I think suggesting a whole character be completely animated simply because the mask he wears for part of the movie doesn't have holes for the eyes is a bit much.

JdFoX187

Banned
That still makes no sense. Completely CGI'ing a whole actor simply because you can't see their eyes is pretty fuckin' overkill, man. You could make the same argument for anyone in a movie who's wearing a pair of sunglasses. :)

edit: What's funny is that, honestly, I think superhero films ARE better suited to being animated than live-action. But if you're GOING to make a live-action movie, you have to be smart about when and how you use the CG. I think suggesting a whole character be completely animated simply because the mask he wears for part of the movie doesn't have holes for the eyes is a bit much.

Look no further than Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern. Not COMPLETELY CG, but close enough.

cdkee

Banned
Honestly I think Affleck might be the best looking Batman. His shoulders are so broad, and his jaw is perfect for Bruce Wayne. I think he's going to look really good.

Haven't seen Thor: The Dark World yet.

But I would put money on the fact Goyer writes "I'm the Goddamned Batman" into Affleck's mouth. No way he doesn't. I can see Goyer reading that for the first time and saying "MAN I WISH I WROTE THAT."

The trailer for Batman vs. Superman should be set to Nick Cave's Push The Sky Away and show solemn shots of Batman brooding and Superman flying as the world heads into a dark and paranoid future. No dialogue, just slow, sad, desaturated shots of these two broken men trying fighting one another, trying to trust each other, failing, trying again. You need to have serious feels. The action looks horrific and dangerous, the world is on the brink. Superman is not trusted. The Batman is hunted. And a dangerous villain is preparing something horrifying behind the scenes.

Batman-vs-Superman1.jpg

Then the actual movie turns out to be a hilarious buddy comedy with Dickish Batman that doesn't give a fuck and Goody-Two-Shoes Superman who is traumatized from offing Zod. It basically turns into this:

FH4NR.gif

Haven't seen Thor: The Dark World yet.

But I would put money on the fact Goyer writes "I'm the Goddamned Batman" into Affleck's mouth. No way he doesn't. I can see Goyer reading that for the first time and saying "MAN I WISH I WROTE THAT."

I would actually be down for that. I can see Affleck pulling that moment off.

Skunkers

I dunno - he seems to move a hell of a lot faster than Bale does. Especially that Bell Tower scene. Yeah, he doesn't move MUCH, but when he does, he doesn't seem to lumber like Bale does. He moves pretty swiftly in the frame.

This. The bell tower brawl with random inexplicably tough black henchman was pretty vicious. Think he even somersaulted a couple times.

Kilmer Bat was the most agile though, his fight scenes were all largely pretty good. Shame about the the rest of the film.

The nice thing about Snyder directing is that Batman's fight scenes will be fucking baller.

Just need the writing to be up to snuff. Come on, Affleck. Work your magic. Hopefully he can do for Goyer what Jonah did.

The nice thing about Snyder directing is that Batman's fight scenes will be fucking baller.

Just need the writing to be up to snuff. Come on, Affleck. Work your magic. Hopefully he can do for Goyer what Jonah did.

lmao. writing's gonna be shit. there isn't much hope for these to have good plots until they just give goyer the boot. he should have only been secondary writer like he was when the nolan trilogy was being written.

DC giving him the keys to the universe is so dumb.

action will indeed be good though. batman's gonna kick so much ass.

I think it's a definite possibility. Snyder's probably doing this one and then bailing to either make his own movie again (good luck) or - and it was rumored WAAAAY back - he'll jump over to Disney and do one of their Star Wars spinoff movies.

I think it's a definite possibility. Snyder's probably doing this one and then bailing to either make his own movie again (good luck) or - and it was rumored WAAAAY back - he'll jump over to Disney and do one of their Star Wars spinoff movies.

Then Disney will give him to Marvel... Uh oh.

Mario007

Snyder is apparently, however, having fun with creating the DC Universe. I can't see him passing up on a potential Justice League or Mos3.

ReiGun

Affleck directing and/or writing Justice League would be baller. I could see him doing JLA and Synder doing the next solo Superman flick after he gets done with Star Wars or whatever.

Snyder is apparently, however, having fun with creating the DC Universe. I can't see him passing up on a potential Justice League or Mos3.

See, I think the reason you're hearing about Nightwing & Wonder Woman being in this movie is because he KNOWS he's probably going to bail after this, and wants to play in the sandbox a little before going off and doing a Star Wars movie.

(he DID absolutely have a meeting with Lucasfilm, I'm pretty sure)

Dead

well not really...yet
Got mah MoS steelbook today

PQ and AQ are god tier. Movie looks amazing.

Also style fits right in with the batflick steelbooks:

Watching scenes for this though just made me more excited that Larry Fong is coming back. Supes vs Bats will absolutely crush MoS visually.

Zabka

The Special Features on the Blu-ray are really fantastic. I wish more comic book movies would put this much effort into behind the scenes stuff.

Dead

well not really...yet
The steelbook actually has like ~35 or so minutes of additional featurettes

Just realized I have all the major modern DC movies in Steelbook. V for Vendetta, Watchmen, NolanBats and MoS

Prompto

Banned
How long into filming does it normally take for pictures of the costumes to leak?
MOS and GL seemed pretty early on.
They usually release a high quality promo pic of the suit right around when set pics start to happen. That's what happend with Man of Steel and the last two Spidey movies at least.

Blader

Tabby

“Man of Steel Battle the Knight”, “Man of Steel Beyond Darkness”, “Man of Steel Black of Knight”, “Man of Steel Darkness Falls”, “Man of Steel Knight Falls”, “Man of Steel Shadow of the Night”, “Man of Steel The Blackest Hour”, and “Man of Steel The Darknness Within”.

I would have preferred "The World's Finest: Man of Steel 2" but some of these are good.

Wiktor

Affleck directing and/or writing Justice League would be baller. I could see him doing JLA and Synder doing the next solo Superman flick after he gets done with Star Wars or whatever.

I would prefer Affleck writing and directing next standalone Batman movies than Justice League.

Effect

I would prefer Affleck writing and directing next standalone Batman movies than Justice League.

I do think WB would be crazy to not let him do it. If they really want Goyer in the mix then fine. Let them co-write so it syncs up with the rest of the universe.

Also where is this talk about Zack Snyder doing a Star Wars film coming from? I though he denied that.

Watching WB/Goyer scrunch up his brow and stare confusedly at Superman is so frustrating.

"Hey guys. So, what do we call a Superman/Batman team up?"
"That's a tough one. Damn."
"Man of Steel: Battle the Knight!"
"Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness!"
"That one sounds good. I like Darkness. Man of Steel: Darkness Falls?"
"Man of Steel: Nightfall?"
"No, no no no. KNIGHTfall!"
"Oooh! OOOOOOOOH that's fucking GOOD, Goyer. This is why we pay you."
(boner pops)

Just fucking call it WORLD'S FINEST. IT'S RIGHT THERE. That's what a Batman/Superman team up IS CALLED. It's a question that already has an answer. If you can't come up with a better answer, then you HAVE NO ANSWER.

Jesus fucking christ.

Also where is this talk about Zack Snyder doing a Star Wars film coming from? I though he denied that.

Nah, he had a meeting with Lucasfilm. He denied that there was anything solid that came out of it because he's too busy working on Man of Steel 2. Which is probably true. That doesn't mean they didn't agree to look at each other again once he's done shooting the sequel, which is likely, as there's also rumors that Affleck is going to take over on Justice League, which looks to essentially by Man of Steel 3.

ReiGun

Call Superman and Batman "The World's Finest" for over 50 years. When it comes time to make a movie about them, call it anything but "The World's Finest."

Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom