• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksol

tumblr_moo5qleDia1suf5t1o1_250.gif

I would love a suit like that.

Btw fellow Bat fans, Kevin Smith also has a podcast called Fat Man on Batman that's pretty damn good. He's had awesome chats with Paul Dini, Mark Hamill, Tara Strong, Kevin Conroy, Arleen Sorken, Bruce Timm, Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder, Kyle Higgins, etc.

Azih

Kevin Smith gets hyped for every damn thing that has Affleck in it. He hyped up DareDevil for God's sake.

Rootbeer

Banned
"It seemed like it was very [Redacted] Influenced."

surely someone who was in the audience can help clarify this tidbit? Really wondering what it could be.

Oh, and RE: fat man on batman (easily one of my fav pods these days), in the latest ep Smith and his guest do a very detailed outline of a Smallville-esque live action series that would follow a young Bruce Wayne through prep school. It sounded fantastic!

The idea of a smallville-like show involving a young bruce is nothing new, people have been speculating and brainstorming about it for many years. But theirs sounded like one of the best possible ways to do it. Check i tout.

Referring to all previous suits as black armour and "matrixy" is also rather telling...

Yeah, if you look at the way Jim Lee and others have drawn Batman, he has a suit very similar to the body armor/kevlar thing in Nolan's trilogy, he just puts spandex over it. I am skeptical as I don't know how good that would look in live action tough.

My guess is Bermejo style. More like tactical combat gear with fabricated amour and less giant rubber suit man.

FCOflqg.jpg

4z0bhnv.jpg

Carabiners on the utility belt would be a neat touch

Rumour is that people at the live recording heard the *redacted* words as Jim Lee.

Grey suit, short ears.

I can dig it.
Please

Not sure how I feel with the a gray suit, we know it won't have underwear so its going to take alot of something to mix all the gray up.
a none super armor look could work if its
cloth over armor mixed with armored gauntlets, boots and maybe cowl .

New 52 design alrady got rid of the underwear. The batsymbol, gloves, cape, boots, are black to break up the grey I guess

27852-header2.jpg

Still unsure how that works in live action if you aren't doing the battle armor/kevlar style.

My guess is Bermejo style. More like tactical combat gear with fabricated amour and less giant rubber suit man.

Carabiners on the utility belt would be a neat touch

I like a lot of things going on with the Bermejo style suit. It also fits that previous rumours had the cowl being influenced by it too.

One thing I don't like with it though is how the symbol connects with the cape. It's like it's trying too hard to be its own thing.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever they do, they need to keep the mask as a separate piece like in Dark Knight and/or Arkham Origins. In fact, the Origins cowl is probably my favorite of all time. An actual helmet as opposed to a one piece tunic with the cape which never works in live action.

Rootbeer

Banned
Love Jim Lee's Batman, kind of an uninspired choice but it does work. And yeah kinda tired of the over-armored batman from the Nolan films, will be a nice change.

Emwitus

They really should have gone for a younger guy to play batman. I feel like they are going the batman mentor type route. Batman going to teach supes to be a hero.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Hopefully we'll see the gray/dark blue batsuit from the comics. The all black suit in the films is boring and totally played out.

Cocaine

Banned
I kind of hope that Hans Zimmer comes back around...

Do you think he'll use the same motif from the Christopher Nolan films for when Batman is around?

I kind of want him to. Just expand on it again...

I kind of hope that Hans Zimmer comes back around...

Do you think he'll use the same motif from the Christopher Nolan films for when Batman is around?

I kind of want him to. Just expand on it again...

He's already said if he does the movie (I guess it's up in the air a little) he'd be doing something completely different than his work for the Nolan films.

edit: as to the Jim Lee inspiration, they're guaranteed to get rid of the drawers. I'm just hoping they decide to keep the white lenses on the mask.

I know the knee-jerk reaction to that is "you need the eyes to identify with the actor!" but no. No you don't. Nobody ever praised the performances of Michael Keaton or Christian Bale because they were telling you some real stories with their EYES in that mask.

Cocaine

Banned
He's already said if he does the movie (I guess it's up in the air a little) he'd be doing something completely different than his work for the Nolan films.

edit: as to the Jim Lee inspiration, they're guaranteed to get rid of the drawers. I'm just hoping they decide to keep the white lenses on the mask.

I know the knee-jerk reaction to that is "you need the eyes to identify with the actor!" but no. No you don't. Nobody ever praised the performances of Michael Keaton or Christian Bale because they were telling you some real stories with their EYES in that mask.

I don't mind if he changes it. I trust his ability. As long as its dark and moody.

Also, it comes as no surprise to me that they are going this direction with the suit. As soon as I even saw Watchmen, I felt that the look could be replicated into live action quite well. The supe's suit looked great on film as well.

shira

The eye acting was the whole deal with Bane. If you don't have the eyes it might as well be full CG - then you don't even need stunt doubles or fight training.

JdFoX187

Banned
he just has to look cool on screen. couldn't care less if it's not practical
TDK cowl is awful

But turning his upper body to look at something looks absolutely fucking stupid, and has through five movies. The Dark Knight wasn't the perfect solution, but it was sure as shit better than before, and I say that as a huge fan of the Batman Begins suit.

SUPREME1

Banned
he just has to look cool on screen. couldn't care less if it's not practical
TDK cowl is awful

He needs to look fluid in fight scenes. Not stiff like the Keaton suit.

Needs to be less helmet-like, more narrow, but definitely it's own component.

The eye acting was the whole deal with Bane.

Yeah, but he only HAD his eyes. Batman's entire lower half of his face is exposed. You can see him smile, frown, grit his teeth, sneer, etc.

I don't really know what you're getting at. The two examples are pretty different. Covering one part of the face isn't the same as covering another - and neither example necessitates suggesting you should just CGI a whole person. That's excessive.

But they made for good visual.esp Keaton. Dude looked like a mad man on a mission. Bale on the otherhand looked like he was a dude chilling in a batsuit.

KEaton looked like a statue. That was fine for the limitations of the time but lets not let nostalgia get in the way. They did a lot of camera tricks to make Keaton Batman move as little as possible. He did not look like a super agile ninja at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom