• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont understand why they choose this as a follow up to MoS. I mean we hardly got to know Superman or Clark Kent or the other characters for that matter, as it all felt like one big dump of info instead of introducing the actual characters. Hell, he only became a reporter at the very end and next they are going to introduce a new Batman in the follow-up as well. Color me very skeptical.

Because Batman's last two movies made a billion dollars each, that's why.

Szu

worked for Bale

patrick-bateman-business-card1.gif

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
That's not actually the trailer, that's someone using the blu-ray to approximate the trailer, matched to badly phone-cammed audio. :)

It..it was me.
I love the comic con trailer so much. Its still the best trailer I've seen for a comic book film. It.. was actually better than the film itself.
I'll need to set aside some time to actually put it together piece by piece (including actual HD audio), because most of it is already there. I will make this my mission.

It..it was me.
I love the comic con trailer so much. Its still the best trailer I've seen for a comic book film. It.. was actually better than the film itself.
I'll need to set aside some time to actually put it together piece by piece (including actual HD audio), because most of it is already there. I will make this my mission.

Godspeed to you. The editing was pretty good (audio's a little off here and there) and yeah, a note-perfect, edit-perfect recreation of that comic-con trailer would be nice to see.

MY SON WAS IN THE BUS.

I wonder if Batman will take exception to the destruction caused in the first film, and hold Supes accountable, and that is where the friction between the two is born.

Just jumping to predict that the marketing for this movie will end up being more cheesy than innovative by using the "Batman vs Superman" angle to entice social media.

"tweet #TeamBatman or #TeamSuperman"

"Tell us on Facebook how the fight will go"

Shit like that.

Would hope for a more viral angle.

Just jumping to predict that the marketing for this movie will end up being more cheesy than innovative by using the "Batman vs Superman" angle to entice social media.

Shit like that.

No way man. No way. Its going to be dark and serious. I expect the first teaser to have 0 dialogue, but just be dark nasty images of pain and suffering. This is not Twilight. This is Snyder baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit like that.

#TeamSnyder

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I have always said that Thor should be going after Sif and her banging body instead of plain looking Natalie Portman.

Yeah so we'll go from Thor ignoring her for Jane to Superman ignoring her for Lois.

A comic about real dolls. Nice.

I'm still pretty disbelieving of Diana making it into Man of Steel 2.

Now, if a badass female by the name of Mercy Graves were to make it into the movie, that'd seem a lot more plausible, to me.

But DC trying to poach Jamie Alexander to play Diana Prince seems iffy, to me.

Never gonna happen. Marvel's got her. They're not about to let WB scoop her while the film series she's in is still going.

edit: Also, Schmoes Know aren't great at scoops they've been handed. They're good at pushing along other people's rumors, but I don't think they've got a great record when they have to break stuff themselves.

http://collider.com/batman-vs-superman-batman-costume-batmobile/

Thoughts? Even though it's nothing more than a rumor, I've always had a hunch Snyder's Batman would be rocking the grey.

Also, Snydermobile, BELIEVE. It's gonna be amazing.

I was always a little torn by Lee Bermejo's take on Batman. It's one of those things that's really cool on first glance, but gets old fast. It's like so detailed that it makes you start to nitpick it. Or at least I do. And I don't usually do that to comic art, unless it's like blatantly bad.

That said, using it as a starting point is cool in my book. Hopefully it at least means we'll get a gray and black suit, instead of an all black, molded armor look again.
I hope they bring back the yellow bat-symbol too. If not in S/B, then at least in the Justice League movie.

Olga needs to bulk up a bit if she's going to be WW

No. Sexy Wonder woman is best Wonder Woman. I hate when they make her some giant mass of muscles.

Dysun

I was always a little torn by Lee Bermejo's take on Batman. It's one of those things that's really cool on first glance, but gets old fast. It's like so detailed that it makes you start to nitpick it. Or at least I do. And I don't usually do that to comic art, unless it's like blatantly bad.

That said, using it as a starting point is cool in my book. Hopefully it at least means we'll get a gray and black suit, instead of an all black, molded armor look again.
I hope they bring back the yellow bat-symbol too. If not in S/B, then at least in the Justice League movie.

No. Sexy Wonder woman is best Wonder Woman. I hate when they make her some giant mass of muscles.
Bulk up a bit != Mass of muscles
She's a warrior, not a rail thin super model

sleepykyo

In New52, Superman and Wonder Woman are a thing, Lois is dating some dork and he wanted to be with someone who he could share both lives with.

It was pretty cute when he showed her how to use a disguise, she pulled her hair up, put on glasses and a dress and no one knew.

Wonder Woman wearing glasses? New52 redeemed.

It isn't like she'll turn in Chyna. Bulking up is probably going end more like thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4etBWNa2Vg&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DE4etBWNa2Vg&has_verified=1 and less like that mountain of muscles Glory.

obin_gam

Kevin Smith has seen the batsuit!

"I saw the costume, more than that I saw him [Ben Affleck] in the costume...I don't want to give anything away cause that is up to them and stuff, but I am going to say this...I instantly bear hugged him. You have not seen this costume in film before. Because every other movie has done this matrixy black armor thing...There wasn't a single nipple on this [frick]ing suit man. I think everyone is gonna be like 'Holy ****!' We haven't been down this path before. Even the Hardest core "[frick] this movie" person will be like 'alright, I'm ready!'

"It seemed like it was very [Redacted] Influenced."

Blader

Why is no nipples a big deal? There haven't been nipples on nearly all versions of the suit, and there have been three movies already in between Batman & Robin and now.

obin_gam

Why is no nipples a big deal? There haven't been nipples on nearly all versions of the suit, and there have been three movies already in between Batman & Robin and now.

It's not a big deal, nor does Smith make it out to be. It's an established 'thing' that when you're talking about a batsuit you mention nipples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom