• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Watching WB/Goyer scrunch up his brow and stare confusedly at Superman is so frustrating.

"Hey guys. So, what do we call a Superman/Batman team up?"
"That's a tough one. Damn."
"Man of Steel: Battle the Knight!"
"Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness!"
"That one sounds good. I like Darkness. Man of Steel: Darkness Falls?"
"Man of Steel: Nightfall?"
"No, no no no. KNIGHTfall!"
"Oooh! OOOOOOOOH that's fucking GOOD, Goyer. This is why we pay you."
(boner pops)

Just fucking call it WORLD'S FINEST. IT'S RIGHT THERE. That's what a Batman/Superman team up IS CALLED. It's a question that already has an answer. If you can't come up with a better answer, then you HAVE NO ANSWER.

Jesus fucking christ.

Nah, he had a meeting with Lucasfilm. He denied that there was anything solid that came out of it because he's too busy working on Man of Steel 2. Which is probably true. That doesn't mean they didn't agree to look at each other again once he's done shooting the sequel, which is likely, as there's also rumors that Affleck is going to take over on Justice League, which looks to essentially by Man of Steel 3.

That would suggest a bat supes team up wouldn't it? The subtitles listed here make it seem like batman kicks supes ass. If anything, they could become allies in the end and then call the next one the worlds finest

MisterHero

It would be interesting if it was Superman who had to redeem Batman and struggle with the same approach to Luthor.

but batman is infallible

That would suggest a bat supes team up wouldn't it? The subtitles listed here make it seem like batman kicks supes ass. If anything, they could become allies in the end and then call the next one the worlds finest

Most every Batman/Superman team up starts with Batman/Superman distrusting each other (or even going a round or two)

There's a DCAU 3-part episode actually CALLED "World's Finest" where Batman throws Superman across a room because Superman touches him.

Penguin

Should simply be Man of Steel: The Dark Knight

Gets their darkness in it
And could be played as The Dark Night and The Dark Knight for Batman.

Most every Batman/Superman team up starts with Batman/Superman distrusting each other (or even going a round or two)

There's a DCAU 3-part episode actually CALLED "World's Finest" where Batman throws Superman across a room because Superman touches him.

There was also a S:TAS episode where Bruce Wayne went missing and Robin got Supes to dress up as Batman, and he threw some thug through a wall. That shoul dhappen in this movie too.

Also: Superman: Gotham Knights

Rumor has it that WB bought up a bunch of domains today and chances are among the list is the actual title for the movie. The article I saw this morning has since been removed but the only title that didn't totally suck was Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night.

It's not World's Finest, which I would want, but if they slightly alter it to Man of Steel: Shadow of the Knight, I'll approve.

Rumor has it that WB bought up a bunch of domains today and chances are among the list is the actual title for the movie. The article I saw this morning has since been removed but the only title that didn't totally suck was Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night.

It's not World's Finest, which I would want, but if they slightly alter it to Man of Steel: Shadow of the Knight, I'll approve.

Oh man, you should post a link. That sounds like breaking news.

MisterHero

Superman vs Batman: Football in The Year 2015

Holy shit that would make the movie. Superman and Batman playing football.

MisterHero

i for one think that if they should call a movie "World's Finest" they should do nothing less than aim for Oscar gold

what kind of story would turn Superman vs. Batman into an Oscar contender

J10

Banned
what kind of story would turn Superman vs. Batman into an Oscar contender

Set it in the 1930s in Europe and replace Batman and Superman with a retarded person and a Jew. Make sure the script never gives anyone a reason to smile while watching it. Have an all white cast and a budget less than $30million.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
The World's Finest
Men of Tomorrow
Men of steel
The Most Excellent SuperBat
2 Muscular Dudes
When Clarky Meant Brucey
The Breaking of Superman by the Coward Batman
Aquaman Not Included in This Film
Knight of Steel
Superfriends: The Motion Picture

Yeah, just call it The World's Finest. Man of Steel 2: The World's Finest if they absolutely have to.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Come on, Dan. Even you should have been able to see through that sarcasm in lieu of the last page and a half talking about just that before he posted.

Wading through this thread is bleak. I didn't look at the previous page.

Ashhong

This seems a bit more than distrust though. Again that's just a guess on my part based on the subtitles, but who knows.

inm8num2

Should have just been a straight-up Man of Steel sequel called Man of Earth.

The_Man_from_Earth.png

Riposte

There was also a S:TAS episode where Bruce Wayne went missing and Robin got Supes to dress up as Batman, and he threw some thug through a wall. That shoul dhappen in this movie too.

Also: Superman: Gotham Knights

It would be hilarious if Batman unmasked to reveal himself as Superman posing as Batman. Even better if it was after getting shot or w/e and getting up.

World's Finest is the only choice.

MisterHero

Set it in the 1930s in Europe and replace Batman and Superman with a retarded person and a Jew. Make sure the script never gives anyone a reason to smile while watching it. Have an all white cast and a budget less than $30million.

Superman dies.

Alternatively

Batman dies.

Superman is a prostitute and Batman is a drug addict.
Haha I enjoyed these. :)

Morningbus's especially. Could the time where Superman was forced to make snuff films with Big Barda exist in the same movie as the time Batman got hooked on Venom?

Does anyone else think that Lex will recover Zod's armor he left on the top of that building?

And also what about that crashed ship Superman wrecked with his heat vision?

.GqueB.

Banned
The violent and inhuman slaughter of hundreds of ninjas burning to death doesn't count, obviously.

And driving around in a tank destroying the city and flipping over cop cars doesn't either. Batman was a big ol' douche. Superman just did it on a bigger scale.

MoS 2: In the Heat of the Knight

MoS 2: The Gotham Knight

MoS 2: Knight takes Rook

MoS 2: Shadow of the Knight

MoS 2: The Knight Watch

MoS 2: Man vs Knight

MoS 2: The Darkest Knight

MoS 2: Alien vs Predator

MoS 2: Knight Falls/Son Rises

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man of Steel/Man of Shadows.

Though if it weren't going to be a backdoor kickstart to the DCCU, I'd have wanted the sequel to be called Man of Tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom