• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabka

I wasn't a fan of the handheld, muted colors, and overall kind of blase aesthetic that I felt the film had. No scene really stood still enough to let you appreciate it.

This probably won't have the handheld look but all of the media released so far looks more muted than MoS.

This probably won't have the handheld look but all of the media released so far looks more muted than MoS.
Yeah...but I was mostly referring to this scene by itself. The little stuff like the bat signal up in the sky one second, the lightning flash, then Superman being there instead was great.

You can tell he is done with the handheld shit of MoS.

I quite enjoyed the filming style in Man of Steel, I just thought it worked for the general tone of the movie, but I do think that more steady cinematography is in order for this movie. I think Snyder keeps maturing as a director. I was initially skeptical about Man of Steel because I haven't been a fan of much that he's made over the years, but I ended up absolutely loving it in spite of a few minor issues I had but those were mostly script issues such as some of the dialogue.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
As much as I like Nolan's Bat, his Gotham was dull. Snyder is gonna give us an authentic Gotham.

Man, I don't know why they don't release this to the public. If they're afraid of it not being good enough, that concern becomes moot when its taken on some crappy off screen cam. May as well just give us the high def teaser.

iKoGMOmS8TWRD.gif

mayVtAO.gif

So what happened to the Shazam movie being announced? When do people think that will take place?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder Woman's design is really not bad. I'm still super hyped for her appearance.

The only thing I dislike about the Wonder Woman pic is the blandness of the costume. I feel like I've seen a ton of Wonder Woman costumes that look far cooler than that. This is just so generic. I think it needs more color to it, or something to make it more look like Wonder Woman. But I guess removing the color and style of DC heroes is kind of par for the course lately.

As for boob armor, I really think people are barking up the wrong tree getting onto this design for that. She's from an all female society where men are forbidden to enter. I think it fits for amazonians like that to be proud of their womanhood and put an emphasis on that in their fashions.

- J - D -

That pic above would look even better if DC would release the full-body shot of Batman from earlier today. The old pic of Batfleck kinda looks goofy now.

We had a Justice League movie a month out of shooting that fell through because of a tax credit problem.

From what I understood, WB just didn't want to confuse the audience. At the time Nolan's Batman was still popular and the Dark Knight Rises hadn't come out yet. I say we dodged a bullet. While I'm sure Armie Hammer would have made a decent Batman, the whole project seemed very rushed.

Penguin

Was thinking about the whole Batman vs Superman thing, and how people always have trouble with the concept

But the general audience was willing to show they'll go with it when a man in an iron suit took on a literal god without batting an eye.

Was thinking about the whole Batman vs Superman thing, and how people always have trouble with the concept

But the general audience was willing to show they'll go with it when a man in an iron suit took on a literal god without batting an eye.

no matter how wrong the case is i don't think the general public sees thor as a stronger threat than superman.

he's seen as the almost invincible god to people. i think they would expect him to go toe to toe with hulk and not get tired. so this will be an uphill battle for snyder. dat suit looks glorious though.

Dead Man

Thor is not a literal god in the MCU though. Superman is portrayed as much more powerful than Thor in cinematic renditions. And Stark used super bullshit metal alloys that don't bend but also don't result in blunt trauma injuries to him. Not sure Wayne has access to that ;)

Penguin

no matter how wrong the case is i don't think the general public sees thor as a stronger threat than superman.

he's seen as the almost invincible god to people. i think they would expect him to go toe to toe with hulk and not get tired. so this will be an uphill battle for snyder. dat suit looks glorious though.

Thor is not a literal god in the MCU though. Superman is portrayed as much more powerful than Thor in cinematic renditions. And Stark used super bullshit metal alloys that don't bend but also don't result in blunt trauma injuries to him. Not sure Wayne has access to that ;)

I'm just saying, most people will just go with it, even if it doesn't make sense.

The same way Iron Man can survive being bat around by Thor, but his suit ejects them when it gets too hot

Vice

Batman will say some nonesense about Kryptonian technology in his suit and a billion dollars spent in weapons to harm him.

Because any situation other than Superman instantly killing Batman in a fight instantly becomes laughably stupid. Doesn't matter how much armor Batman has, etc. The Superman movie only made it worse when they showed how fast Kryptonians move. Are they just going to pretend the whole super speed fighting from the last movie didn't happen?

truth.

Superman was literally unscratched even after all the shit he went through in MoS.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It's good that Avengers happened and it was so successful, otherwise we would've never gotten this.

Sweet Jesus, to think there's a 2 years wait for this. Insane.

What's the consensus how is batman going to keep up with superman powers? Is that we're the new suite comes in?

Read more comics! Potential hooks:

- Batman wants it more
- Superman is reluctant to kill humans, including Bats
- Superman works for the US Government in some way (setting up Justice League maybe)
- Superman is weakened
- K R Y P T O / D A R K / K N I G H T
- Batman uses a powersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom