• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchs

Get ready for salty Bats!

"I think it's a necessity, historically, in the tradition of these films," Affleck said. "For me, anger is so deeply buried and contained that when it does kind of come out, it comes out in stronger bursts. I tend to be respectful, polite, get along, put up with, put up with, put up with... then, when it finally emerges, it's not something I have a ton of control over. I'm not gonna go into a Wolverine berserker rage, but I do have a, I do... That is an interesting thing that you point out. That's my personality... By the way, that's a character flaw, I think. I should sit down and say, 'Listen, I just want to let you know what happened there wasn't OK', instead of going, let it go, let it go, let it go ... 'Ah, that's not a big deal', until finally you just pop!”

Source

Probably old but Affleck looks pretty beefy for Batman. Affleck is a pretty solid guy without the muscle mass.

6IptcqS.jpg

nAbVIhe.jpg

The top part seems to be split in two which means they open independent of each other. In this pic, only one side is open... Passenger side is closed

Robin confirmed.

robert pattinson for dick grayson please

i'm serious

shit looks slick as hell in that pic. an appropriate mix of the tumbler and comic art.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The question is not why Superman has a vehicle. Maybe he needs it for long-haul space travel, who knows.

The real question is why his vehicle has fists.

Superman's supermobile was used after some red sun radiation revived amazo and took away superman's powers. He built it as a precautionary measure for that kind of situation. Fun fact: it is capable of replicating ALL of his powers and is made of Supermanium.

As I said in the Batmobile thread, the front guns are really glaring. In an image like that I would say they mess with the entire design. If the Batmobile was gonna have guns, they should have been incorporated better.

dankir

As I said in the Batmobile thread, the front guns are really glaring. In an image like that I would say they mess with the entire design. If the Batmobile was gonna have guns, they should have been incorporated better.

I'm sure they can retract back into the car.

Raptor

WHere's Superman pics?

Pure Batman come on son, show me some good stuff like Supes punching a building killing thousands of people.

WHere's Superman pics?

Pure Batman come on son, show me some good stuff like Supes punching a building killing thousands of people.
WB is worried that if they show a bunch of Superman pics, people will begin to realize what a bloated mess of a train wreck this movie is going to be with two superheroes featured, so they are trying to play it off as just a Batman movie.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yeah, my post was kinda messing about all that, it annoys me that they are kinda treating this as a batman joint and while I love Batman, Superman is my boy I mean come on.

They're filming chase scenes right now. That's the hardest stuff to keep under wraps. All the stuff on sets, indoor scenes, etc. is way easier to conceal.

DaveH

I think it's funny that the supposed story for BvS is that there have been no pictures of Batman for 30 years.
Has there been anything official to the "urban legend" approach or isn't that just fan rumor that's become widely adopted as truth? I mean, the SDCC footage was of a Bat Signal... it's tough to argue for urban legend if State actors have a government sanctioned signaling device for an alleged non-entity that's assaulting criminals on a nightly basis and who get apprehended only after suffering documented physical trauma. It's not like Batman is politely asking them to surrender. He's cracking skulls, breaking bones, and loosening teeth. Maybe it's more accurate to say he's not an urban legend so much as he's something the government actively disclaims to feign plausible deniability?

This Batmobile suggests a lot about our up-coming Dark Knight:

• First, it tends to indicate that this is a Batman that puts efficacy and utility above stealth and subtlety (as is, arguably, it should be for a costumed caped and cowled crusader).
  • Second, it implies that this is a Batman that has had experiences (or anticipates having such experiences) that warrant such a vehicle. Batman has seen some shit. As WB's CEO says, "Tired and weary."
  • Third, it means that Batman’s access to gadgetry will be practically unlimited… if it is conceivable within the realm of near-future contemporary technology (and beyond, with a little bit of help from Kryptonian technology or comic book tropes) it is potentially within this veteran Batman’s reach. This is not a Batman scraping by on the bare minimum, but willing to invest in extravagant and highly specialized tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom