• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

For a brief moment I pretended it was Affleck in-costume driving the car and got all giddy inside, even though it's obviously a stunt driver. Speaking of which, it has to be a stunt-driver's dream to be the guy who gets to drive the Batmobile. I mean, movie cars don't get much more iconic.

*edit - On another note, after recently listening to Kevin Smith's commentary over the first three Batman films (Burton's films and Forever), it's cool to see the Batmobile on the offensive. As pointed out by Smith, up until The Dark Knight pretty much every time Batman gets into the car in the films it's to escape someone or run away. He's rarely ever actually chasing anybody, so I like seeing the Batman being the aggressor for once.

pants

BxwbprCIcAI0crA.jpg:large

yeah, thats a cockroach

Sephzilla

Has there been anything official to the "urban legend" approach or isn't that just fan rumor that's become widely adopted as truth? I mean, the SDCC footage was of a Bat Signal... it's tough to argue for urban legend if State actors have a government sanctioned signaling device for an alleged non-entity that's assaulting criminals on a nightly basis and who get apprehended only after suffering documented physical trauma. It's not like Batman is politely asking them to surrender. He's cracking skulls, breaking bones, and loosening teeth. Maybe it's more accurate to say he's not an urban legend so much as he's something the government actively disclaims to feign plausible deniability?

This Batmobile suggests a lot about our up-coming Dark Knight:

• First, it tends to indicate that this is a Batman that puts efficacy and utility above stealth and subtlety (as is, arguably, it should be for a costumed caped and cowled crusader).
  • Second, it implies that this is a Batman that has had experiences (or anticipates having such experiences) that warrant such a vehicle. Batman has seen some shit. As WB's CEO says, "Tired and weary."
  • Third, it means that Batman’s access to gadgetry will be practically unlimited… if it is conceivable within the realm of near-future contemporary technology (and beyond, with a little bit of help from Kryptonian technology or comic book tropes) it is potentially within this veteran Batman’s reach. This is not a Batman scraping by on the bare minimum, but willing to invest in extravagant and highly specialized tools.

I honestly hope that "urban legend" thing isn't true. I'm willing to suspend disbelief for a lot of things in super hero movies, but I'm not sure if I can let "Batman hasn't been photographed in 30 years even though he drives around a loud tank" slide.

DaveH

Their mutual admiration and love makes me warm and fuzzy. The filmmakers themselves love stuff across rights-holder lines, why can't the fans? (I know why....)

Grym

I'm not sure if this has been posted. I looked back a few pages but didn't see anything. I figured I'd post in case anyone is free, interested, and in the Lansing, MI area

Apparently this extras casting call from the Michigan Film Office is for Batman v Superman (according to this) :

http://www.michiganfilmoffice.org/cm/Content_Items/Cast-Crew_Opportunities/WB_Lansing.pdf

LANSING MOVIE EXTRAS NEEDED

Important facts about being a movie extra:
-Filming will be all night on 10/16/14 and 10/17/14
-Filming in Lansing
-Extras are paid $65.20/8 and overtime after 8 hrs.
-Catered meal provided
-Hiring extras 18 years of age and older
-Must be a legal to work in US

How to submit:
Email current casual photo, name, and date of birth,
cell phone number;
wb@realstyleonline.com
SUBJECT: Lansing Extras
MSU Alumni, Staff and Students Welcome.

DaveH

Looks like a toy. They're using some weird-looking material/colors.
It's a night shot of a moving vehicle through a telephoto lens... you can see the the tire tread is erased by the exposure time so I don't think its fair to judge the vehicle's look on screen (materials or colors) from the cited photograph.

Grym

I'm actually really tempted to apply for this.

If I was free, I would definitely give it a shot just to say I was a part of the whole thing. why not? could be cool chance to see some of the filming and maybe appear in the movie (for like a 1/4 of a second in some crowd or something probably)

if the above link is right, it looks like a pretty unique building/location that could appear in a movie

8179268455_ba7e2ed26c_z.jpg

If I was free, I would definitely give it a shot just to say I was a part of the whole thing. why not? could be cool chance to see some of the filming and maybe appear in the movie (for like a 1/4 of a second in some crowd or something probably)

if the above link is right, it looks like a pretty unique building/location that could appear in a movie

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice

Dai101

Banned

Now i want to see the Legion of Doom HQs

Weird that there hasn't been any Batfleck set photo.

I imagine a large part of the scenes are being done inside a sound studio. They don't want to ruin a lot of the good stuff, so they're just filming a lot of the larger scenes in public.

I just want that damn pic of Batman from SDCC to complete the set. How is that one still not released?!

DaveH

If that's true how old is Batman supposed to be?
Michael Uslan, a producer on Batman v. Superman, stated on the record (to App.com) that Batman will be in his mid-40s. The exact quote:

via App.com said:
"So, this has happened time and again, and it happened with Affleck. To go back to the original thought of Bruce Wayne in his mid-40s, I think he’s going to be extraordinary."

So "30 years" is off the mark and likely an overstated rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom