• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

I'm baffled as to why this film won't release until 2016.

For some reason I thought it was coming out this year.

WTF!? Seems like they've been in production for ages. Is it just me or does this movie have "clusterfuck" written all over it?

I'm late to the discussion table so forgive me for busting in with something that's most likely been discussed to death in this gargantuan thread.

Script was rewritten. They had to sort out contracts for other Justice Leaguers. Filming just wrapped a couple months ago anyway.

strafer

Good lawd Gal.

B62tQCYCYAAedZr.jpg

damn gurl :)

Ahasverus

I'm baffled as to why this film won't release until 2016.

For some reason I thought it was coming out this year.

WTF!? Seems like they've been in production for ages. Is it just me or does this movie have "clusterfuck" written all over it?

I'm late to the discussion table so forgive me for busting in with something that's most likely been discussed to death in this gargantuan thread.
The initial script by David Goyer (Dark Knight Trilogy, Blade Trilogy, Man of Steel) was crapped, and along with it all the stablished plans for the DC universe, They brought in oscar winner writer Chris terrio to start from scratch, that delayed the movie a big bit. Then Zack Snyder brough back his old cinematographer (Watchmen, 300) and they came to the conclusion that their visual ambitions needed lots of post production (expect a very stylized take). Filming wrapped long ago, they are in post-prod now. Fear not, the movie will be god, everyone's been praising the script.

Blader

Not sure what everyone is fawning over? She's lean as hell, but wasn't the concern getting batted around always that she wasn't big enough?

Not that Lynda Carter was a tank either, though.

guek

Banned
Heeellll noooo. Ugly, classless, kinda not lean, did I say ugly?

Madness. Diana should also ideally be statuesque, not merely pretty to look at. Not that that's all Gadot will be, just saying focusing on looking pretty isn't really what WW is about.

Not sure what everyone is fawning over? She's lean as hell, but wasn't the concern getting batted around always that she wasn't big enough?

Not that Lynda Carter was a tank either, though.

I thought that was a before and after pic. She looks suitably beefier in the right pic.

But it's all fake anyway, apparently.

a916

I don't expect a teaser before either Jupiter Ascending or something like that, but surprised they didn't find a way to keep the momentum going.

It's been very start/stop with the Batman/Batmobile reveal... then Superman... then Wonder Woman... then pretty much nothing for the rest of the year.

I believe all of that was right around the time of Comic Con... which kind of makes sense. Give those fans something at the very least. Can't give them footage, but pictures will suffice... or get ahead of those leaks.

rude

Banned
Looking forward to this so much. Definitely my most anticipated blockbuster.The entire DC universe and lots of the casting decisions just have me really hyped. Especially The Flash w/Ezra Miller.

The guys making the WW tv show were right on the fucking money. Every time she shows up on AoS I get an insta-boner and wish she'd gotten cast as WW for the movies. Shitty costume soured everyone on her though, including me at the time.
LLShC.gif

Have you seen the some that leaked Pilot footage? That footage made the costume seem like a good decision.

We need a Last Temptation of Superman, where he gets a glimpse of his life with Lois and perhaps a son, and decides he wants to live while fighting Doomsday. If you're gonna make Superman a Christ allegory, might as well go all the way.

pulga

Banned
Especially The Flash w/Ezra Miller.

Ew. I just don't see it. Granted, all I've seen him in is in "Wallflower" and I was similarly unenthused with Grant Gustin and he's proven to be a superb Barry Allen.

I'm just failing to picture this guy next to Affleck and Cavill.

Ezra+Miller+16th+Annual+Hollywood+Film+Awards+BY-ayOYaCGsl.jpg

Have you seen the some that leaked Pilot footage? That footage made the costume seem like a good decision.

Please link :3

IconGrist

She wears the star spangled panties at the end of the episode. I respected they were willing to try it but the costume was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom