• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, it's an AV Club interview by Tasha Robinson on Sep 22, 2010, two days before the North American premiere....

http://www.avclub.com/article/zack-snyder-45492

Heh. This comes early in the interview, and is interesting considering the tack he took on Man of Steel.

ZS:There was a point when they created this little bible—the rules, things I liked and didn’t like. Because there’s a lot of trendy things—you never know what the animators will try to whack into the movie.

AVC: What was on the likes/doesn’t like list?

ZS: “He doesn’t like handheld. He doesn’t like zooming.” Every now and then, they’d try to sneak in a zoom, and I’d be like, “Really?”

edit: Ha! This is actually better:

AVC: There’s a sequence in the middle of the movie where an old warrior owl lectures the young owl hero about how war is hell, and heroism is overrated, and violence is awful. It’s hard to reconcile that message with how much this movie loves the owl battles, and how much your films fetishize violence.

ZS: Yes.

guek

Banned
One of the few things I actually liked about MoS was Snyder moving away from his slow-mo gimmick. I say gimmick because I think he was over reliant on sudden starts and stops in his action scenes to the point where they'd eventually become boringly repetitive.

If there's one thing I can imagine Zack Snyder doing well in slow motion for this movie, even if it is a bit on the nose, it's recreating the cover of The Dark Knight Returns. And I'm like 95% sure we will get that shot (give or take the slow motion part, because I'm still not convinced that will return).

I don't think the cinematography will be too far removed from what Man of Steel looked like though. Larry Fong has said as much.

Would you mind linking to where Fong said that?

Based on the teaser, and the photos we've seen so far, really looks like it's gonna have a very different look and feel.

Zack Snyder movies usually look pretty good so I was surprised at the awful color filter he used on man of steel. The muted colors of his suit do not look good imo, I really hope he scraps that

And continue not using much slow-mo either, that was nice

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
"Superman is SERIOUS we NEED a cool coloring filter."

-
Nolan

XmSm742.jpg

hDyupoo.jpg

just playin don't kill me.

cool batman design

Huh. What's it from? It's like an up-armored version of the Injustice suit.

EDIT: Other than the chin.

EDIT2: Actually, now that I keep looking at it, it's really not much like the Injustice suit. Definitely plays up the same "bat-armor" themes of that, though.

strafer

Huh. What's it from? It's like an up-armored version of the Injustice suit.

EDIT: Other than the chin.

EDIT2: Actually, now that I keep looking at it, it's really not much like the Injustice suit. Definitely plays up the same "bat-armor" themes of that, though.

DeviantArt

strafer

if you told me 15 years ago that Ben Affleck would play Batman I would have laughed in your face.

Now I actually looking forward to it.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
How is it possible there wasn't ONE sneak shot of Affleck in the suit?

Game4life

Banned
I really hope Affleck pulls a Ledger and prove all doubt wrong or this would be an disaster.

Affleck cant be worse than Christian Bale as Batman. I think Affleck will be fine. It is not like there are some standout benchmark performances as Batman in the movie world that he needs to live up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom