• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Where can I get the movie in color?

There is actually a real trick using VLC filters with a digital copy of MoS (of copy your Bluray using dvdfab or something else)
PxlT2qJ.png
-->
yJNq7MQ.png

vwkX4Mx.jpg
--->
YktNIae.jpg

here is what you need to change.
nBi4mZP.png

But now it looks like a TV movie.

No, it looks like it has color in it.

Also, considering television now features cinematography as seen in, say, Hannibal, or True Detective, or Game of Thrones, or House of Cards, or Broadchurch, I'm not even sure "it looks like TV" is even really a criticism anymore.

I don't know. The Antarctica scenes look better that way but that Smallville scene looks worse to me.
Agreed.

I've seen this movie a whole bunch, and I have a hunch that the temperature was made even cooler for those comparison pics. It's just way too blue, even for the artic stuff.

I really love the photography in MoS, and wouldn't mind more of that look, but I think due to Batman being in this, the lighting will be much more crunchy, and have a more moody look.

They must be having soooo much fun putting this movie together right now.

I'm so convinced that the only thing that needs to be of concern with this movie, will be whether or not the script and story turn out solid. Everything else will be of the highest caliber.

Snyder really needs to do an interview already.

There is actually a real trick using VLC filters with a digital copy of MoS (of copy your Bluray using dvdfab or something else)

Will give that a go and see how it looks... sadly it doesn't change the fact that the script sucks *insert comedic drum beat here*.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

nBi4mZP.png

The first couple of shots looked better, but that Smallville shot is fine as-is. Looks like a 70s TV show with the changes.

KingK

Affleck may have saved this film inadvertantly by bringing Chris Terrio. Based Affleck.
Yeah i never understood the negative reaction to Affleck's casting. He's a talented actor and director, and he brought on a good writer to the DCCU. His involvement actually boosts my confidence in the film.

Also, i just saw man of steel from start to finish this weekend for the first time and thought it was pretty good. I definitely think most of the hate/criticism is a bit hyperbolic. Superman has never been one of my favorite heroes as far as solo stories go , but i really liked it. It's on par with the mid tier Marvel movies like Thor at least.

I get the impression Affleck's Batman voice is the lingering doubt most have once that photo dropped. Really, after 9 years of criticism, the voice is an area they should know to get right.

Loxley

I get the impression Affleck's Batman voice is the lingering doubt most have once that photo dropped. Really, after 9 years of criticism, the voice is an area they should know to get right.

Snyder strikes me as the kind of guy who be the first one to say, "Don't talk like that, you sound like an idiot".

BadAss2961

Yeah i never understood the negative reaction to Affleck's casting. He's a talented actor and director, and he brought on a good writer to the DCCU. His involvement actually boosts my confidence in the film.

Also, i just saw man of steel from start to finish this weekend for the first time and thought it was pretty good. I definitely think most of the hate/criticism is a bit hyperbolic. Superman has never been one of my favorite heroes as far as solo stories go , but i really liked it. It's on par with the mid tier Marvel movies like Thor at least.
The Affleck casting was just the typical knee jerk reaction where Ben at his worst was what initially came to mind; he once had the rep of an asshat. I fell for it too for about 15 minutes before I had time to process it.

Mostly everyone seems to agree now that he's a good choice. A great choice when you consider the knowledge and newfound respect he brings to the table.

inm8num2

I think this was part of an alleged set of rumors in the past week or two, but I did wonder before if Batfleck might have some kind of voice modulator on the suit. I could see Snyder's Batman doing something like that.

When it comes to bad super hero movies the actors are usually the last ones to blame. I can't think of a super hero movie I've watched where the actor ruined it for me more than bad dialog or directing (admittedly I haven't seen catwoman or steel).

BLACKLAC

When it comes to bad super hero movies the actors are usually the last ones to blame. I can't think of a super hero movie I've watched where the actor ruined it for me more than bad dialog or directing (admittedly I haven't seen catwoman or steel).

January Jones in First Class.

More shilling!:p

And I liked some of those choices... surprised love-interest from Catwoman isn't on the list

I'm not sure you understand what "shilling" means. :)

Benjamin Bratt wasn't bad enough to make the list. Or Halle Berry, for that matter. (Hell, Halle Berry was actually worse in any of the X-Men movies than she was in Catwoman)

Would you mind linking to where Fong said that?

Based on the teaser, and the photos we've seen so far, really looks like it's gonna have a very different look and feel.

He said it on Twitter early last year I believe when asked about it. Or maybe it was Instagram. I can try digging around to see if I can find the exact quote.

Penguin

I'm not sure you understand what "shilling" means. :)

Benjamin Bratt wasn't bad enough to make the list. Or Halle Berry, for that matter. (Hell, Halle Berry was actually worse in any of the X-Men movies than she was in Catwoman)

I know what it means, I just like to use it when people post links to their stuff :p

And yeah, I didn't note the rest of the Catwoman film... especially the villain. She was great!

BadAss2961

Tyrese is dry begging hard on social media for the John Stewart role. lol

I actually think he's a pretty good actor who just hasn't been given many opportunities to show it -- Baby Boy being the best example. He's not the guy for Green Lantern though.

Penguin

Tyrese is dry begging hard on social media for the John Stewart role. lol

I actually think he's a pretty good actor who just hasn't been given many opportunities to show it -- Baby Boy being the best example. He's not the guy for Green Lantern though.

To pull a Bobby and shill

We do also have a general DC movie thread in OT Community
It is a bit slow since well it is slow but place to hang out and talk all those other insane rumors!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918553

a916

I don't get it either. To be honest, this may come out the wrong way... but Batman is going to fail or succeed long before Affleck gets to work. That is to say the way his scenes are shot/directed, his story/character arc and his lines.

pulga

Banned
Elba is absolutely being wasted on Heimdall. I know GAF wants Idris for every fucking role under the planet, but he is the ideal John Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom