• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andodalf

Banned
the clauses are fucking stupid

What if Chris Evans or someone else wants to do something cool in the DC universe, is Marvel going to stop him?

Pfff, I dont think so.

The movies are entertainment, we aint got time for some bullshit feud

Well it'd be pretty obvious for me, if I was marvel/DC, to have a non compete clause. If I make you more popular, I don't want that to benefit my competition, who will still my big office money.

Blader

Honestly I always thought of it as, if Marvel is going to make me do a 9 movie deal... I sure as hell am not doing a 9 movie deal with DC as well. Between those two franchises I'd have no time to do anything else.

haha yeah, there probably is still some sort of non-compete clause in these deals (wasn't Jamie Alexander saying something about how being Sif took her out of the running for Wonder Woman), but at the same time, if Chris Evans wants to take a break from playing Captain America, it's not going to be so he can turn around and play another superhero.

Mariolee

the clauses are fucking stupid

What if Chris Evans or someone else wants to do something cool in the DC universe, is Marvel going to stop him?

Pfff, I dont think so.

The movies are entertainment, we aint got time for some bullshit feud

I'm not sure if this is even remotely relevant, but we did see something similar happen to Jerry Lambert who played VP of Everything Kevin Butler for Playstation. There was a big controversy (big being used relatively here) due to him starring in a commercial for some tire commercial that also featured Mario Kart Wii. Since that instance he has not been featured in any Playstation commercial and effectively fired, no? I would imagine it's a similar deal with movies.

Well it'd be pretty obvious for me, if I was marvel/DC, to have a non compete clause. If I make you more popular, I don't want that to benefit my competition, who will still my big office money.

This too.

Oregano

I can't imagine the clauses being so overbearing especially considering how much they actually pay out. I don't see why any decent actor like Elba would sign such a restrictive contract.

Yeah, it is important to note Chris Evans and Idris Elba were in a DC movie together the year before Captain America and Thor. It might just be that they can't be in them at the same time.

guek

Banned
Imo, I think Elba is a bit too old for John Stewart. He's 42, meaning he could play an older version of the character, but I've always envisioned the on screen version of Stewart somewhere in his mid 30s.

Imo, I think Elba is a bit too old for John Stewart. He's 42, meaning he could play an older version of the character, but I've always envisioned the on screen version of Stewart somewhere in his mid 30s.

He doesn't look 42.

He doesn't look like he's aged since 1998.

strafer

Im jelly

2e1db744878f23200b92534bfd99c224a17886fc.jpg

Saw this being linked on SHH forum.

https://twitter.com/GBRIELGRY/status/559780819854983169

No idea who it is but...

From earlier in the thread when he was brought up:

Gabriel Gray is iffy. He's gotten a couple things right before (I believe those were also trailer related) but he's been caught faking bullshit for extra twitter followers too.

So who knows with that dude. I figure he's got sub-1k followers on twitter for a reason, and that reason is probably he's just a really annoying asshole whose legit scoops (likely coming from working at a place where trailers might roll through) aren't worth the shitty signal to noise ratio he pumps out.

It's almost year out. Maybe they can start a tad bit earlier on the hype campaign just due to bow big this movie is for them.

Would be awesome to have a trailer by next Tuesday. I know I'd end up watching it at least 2 dozen times.

It's almost year out. Maybe they can start a tad bit earlier on the hype campaign just due to bow big this movie is for them.

Would be awesome to have a trailer by next Tuesday. I know I'd end up watching it at least 2 dozen times.

Yeah, the standard media schedule just won't cut it for this film. They should be flooding the internet with info. Make it so you can't read anything about the Avengers without seeing two articles about BvS.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
was reading 2014 archive on few sites, I love how the rumors for BvS hase super long range full of everything, from it's TDK copy story to it's The Death of Superman to it focus on Batman to it's all about Supes with Batman on the side to it's JL War live action. funny stuff and I wonder of the Zod thing of this week is real or just more of the same BS these sites made up.

Yeah why wont they release it officially?

I think (just a guess) WB didn't released it because the Jupiter Ascending BvS trailer(if there is one) will be just an extended version of that teaser.

but at least WB don't try to take it down from Youtube when anyone post it anymore.

I actually like this, momoa would have looked absurd in blonde hair. Not everything has to be 1:1 with comics in order to be enjoyable. I don't think the blonde hair atlantian curse thing is even canon anymore. Though I do think too much of the league (atleast in the comics) is black hair and blue eyes.

You don't bring back Zod and not Faora.

A Wonder Woman vs Faora scene would be sooooo good. Especially if they make WW not as strong as Supes, would be an excellent way to show off her combat skills against a stronger opponent. WW should always be the most warrior like between the trinity.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Faora is probably the biggest success of MOS - I bet even WB was surprised at how much people liked her character.

You don't bring back Zod and not Faora.

yup. Antje Traue's performance as Faora-Ul was super.

DC need to bring her back in next Supes solo (if we ever get that). this is like Loki situation in Thor, he was so good and they brought him back from the dead, DC should do the same with Faora.

#BringBackAntje

A Wonder Woman vs Faora scene would be sooooo good. Especially if they make WW not as strong as Supes, would be an excellent way to show off her combat skills against a stronger opponent. WW should always be the most warrior like between the trinity.

I want this Wonder Woman to be like New52 WW in powers, with her God-mode/Super Saiyan and everything. yes she will be so overpowered but OP WW is best WW (like the insane WW in The Flashpoint Paradox)

I want this Wonder Woman to be like New52 WW in powers, with her God-mode/Super Saiyan and everything. yes she will be so overpowered but OP WW is best WW (like the insane WW in The Flashpoint Paradox)

Yeah that zod and faora vs superman and ww fight was pretty good, it was mostly her carrying supes through the fight.

She was impressive pre new52 as well, her fight against supes when he was bloodlusted by Max Lord looked like it was mostly in her favor.

Platy

Christ sake that weird bot-thing that was banned from the Fantastic Four thread is a better writer than whoever farted that "story" into existence at comicbook dot com.

Effect

I thought he already filmsed some scenes for BvS?

That was all speculation based on him being in the area for a time. Now the picture with Cavil. Nothing was ever confirmed though. Which seems to be standard practice with this film. It's actually amazing how little we actually know about it.

That was all speculation based on him being in the area for a time. Now the picture with Cavil. Nothing was ever confirmed though. Which seems to be standard practice with this film. It's actually amazing how little we actually know about it.

It's very likely because Green Screen tech has advanced to the point where damn near EVERYTHING can be replicated inside a studio, rather than physically outside. You wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of hurdles a potential leaker would have to go through in order for them to get a set picture inside of a studio

Were this five or six years ago, there would've a LOT more leaks.

Technology has allowed Hollywood to keep a lot of cards to its chest.

Penguin

Well, I think this rumor actually came from Synder's radio call where he was defending Aquaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom