• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaika

As time went by, I realized that it's a silly name. And it's not the same kind of silly like crazy buttock on a train or something, it's just downright idiotic imo.

As time went by, I realized I don't even like Snyder that much. I still like him, just not as much as I used to.

:(

BadAss2961

As time went by, I realized that it's a silly name. And it's not the same kind of silly like crazy buttock on a train or something, it's just downright idiotic imo.

As time went by, I realized I don't even like Snyder that much. I still like him, just not as much as I used to.
qWupDSU.gif

Sambrez_

There's just no way that this isn't what goes down.

I know a lot of people on GAF think Wonder Women in some known thing to most, but I'm willing to bet that's not that case. If anything, most that do know about her, probably think she's lame or simply couldn't care less.

Snyder is gonna make Wonder Woman relevant. He's gonna Faora her to a whole other level. She can definitely be the show stopper at this point.

It really is as if Snyder's entire life was just all leading to this, and now that he's here, dude is gonna deliver so hard, especially now that Goyer has been left out to dry.

Some times you have to remember why it is that this wait has been so painful. It's gonna be something special.

Man, this gave me chills.

You hyped me even more than I thought I could be.

I know a lot of people on GAF think Wonder Women in some known thing to most, but I'm willing to bet that's not that case. If anything, most that do know about her, probably think she's lame or simply couldn't care less.

Snyder is gonna make Wonder Woman relevant. He's gonna Faora her to a whole other level. She can definitely be the show stopper at this point.

It really is as if Snyder's entire life was just all leading to this, and now that he's here, dude is gonna deliver so hard, especially now that Goyer has been left out to dry.

Some times you have to remember why it is that this wait has been so painful. It's gonna be something special.

Would pay to see WW interrupt their fight and 2 v 1 both. Azzarello WW could do this.

is it possible for this movie to reach 2 billion?

If the movie is bad: 600-800 mil
If it is good: 1-1.3 billion

Maybe if it is 90+ rotten tomato + word of mouth. Still would be hard.

fucking hell 400 days still

I wonder how long until a trailer. Comic Con this year?

Not releasing last year's Comic Con trailer to the public was by far one of the most idiotic things DC has done.

I understand a need for secrecy, but at this point, it's pretty fucking absurd.

guek

Banned

Snyder barely made Superman relevant again, and some would argue even against that. Unless you really thought MoS was a 5-star gem, it's probably unwise to over-hype yourself.

Altairre

Not releasing last year's Comic Con trailer to the public was by far one of the most idiotic things DC has done.

I understand a need for secrecy, but at this point, it's pretty fucking absurd.

I don't really see the value of releasing a trailer when the movie is this far off. I'd argue that even the Age of Ultron trailer was a little early. They made the best of it but it seems fairly clear that they didn't had a lot to work with so they just mashed together a few random clips. The music kind of saved it but still.

Odoul

I've been thinking how they were going to make Supes and WW distinct from each other.

If Clark stays the big dumb bruiser and Wondy brings actual skill and technique.

Fights on the scale of Smallville/Metropolis with more flair and acrobatics with her doing flips and shit baiting/playing with opponents like a skilled boxer...

You just hyped me up all over again.

Penguin

is it possible for this movie to reach 2 billion?
Sure
Great word of mouth
IMAX, 3D
Film is like 85 mins long so can play it often...

Will it...

Imagine if production hadn't been delayed. We would have seen multiple trailers by now and would be anticipating watching it in July...

Haha well that was only a minor reason for a delay.

Delaying production 3 months doesn't delay a film an entire year!

Raptor

OH man!

:(

Senoculum

I had a dream about this movie.

In my dream I saw Superman get knocked out, so he begins to fall down from the tip of a (crumbling) skyscraper. Batman then swings around (the entire sky is sunsetting btw), and rescues the unconscious man of steel before he falls in a spiky pit of kryptonite.

Basically a more advanced, and drawn out, version of this one scene (15 seconds of a 3 minute fight) in Transformers:

http://youtu.be/9the6PLLuVc?t=1m20s

The entire thing was CGI. But it looked amazing, I swear!

DeathyBoy

Banned
Wonder Woman will be an enforcer, while Superman will be a bruiser.

I always saw Wonder Woman as the Aragorn of the DC Universe. If she said 'we fight' then every single superhero on Earth would fight alongside her. Superman and Batman, as iconic as they are, can't comprehend war. Which is why Wonder Woman should really always be the leader of the JL, but far as I know she's never really courted it.

3N16MA

Banned
How much of that was due to bad writing or a bad director? Affleck can really push or elevate the role, but if it's poorly written or directed, I don't know if he can save it.

Which is why when the announcement was made I was thought he would do a better job once he gets his hands on a solo Batman film.

I always saw Wonder Woman as the Aragorn of the DC Universe. If she said 'we fight' then every single superhero on Earth would fight alongside her. Superman and Batman, as iconic as they are, can't comprehend war. Which is why Wonder Woman should really always be the leader of the JL, but far as I know she's never really courted it.

Wonder Woman has been recognized as the better leader in some jl comics

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Just for comparisons sake, Guardians of the Galaxy took one year from production start to finish. BvS is one year in production now, and still at least a year away from finish.

That's a shitload of prep time, Batman.

Raptor

I start complaining in every thread that no one is doing movies like Warner/DC and should scrap all their plans....

Lols!

:D

I think people will be surprised by how much this thing will make, as for me I only want a damn new photo of Supes at least :(

guek

Banned
I'm genuinely more curious about what would happen if this film bombs financially. I don't think it's likely but it could potentially underwhelm the studio.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm genuinely more curious about what would happen if this film bombs financially. I don't think it's likely but it could potentially underwhelm the studio.

There is no chance it bombs even if WOM is not great. It will have a massive OW domestic and WW simply due to the intrigue of seeing Batman and Superman on screen together. If it is a solid film that only helps give it better legs.

Transformers films still make $1 billion WW and they just get worse. China loves it.

Sephzilla

Well, it's not going to "bomb" in the sense that it loses money simply because the title alone is going to put a lot of butts in seats. But I could totally see WB expecting this movie to put up Avengers-tier numbers and be disappointed to see it "only" reach $700 million.

There is a good chance it gets out grossed by Civil War.

This is also quite likely - a different "vs" movie could beat it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom