• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he looks pretty badass. I still find it interesting that they chose not to go with blonde hair considering how important in the comics it is.

Personally, I see some 300 Persian influence in his design.

Nope... What's funny is that this is pretty much your standard Momoa pic, just with Aquaman's spear.
...which is awesome! I would've probably preferred a more traditional approach, but this is cool in its own way. I understand them wanting to really drive home the point that Aquaman is to be taken seriously.

guek

Banned
another person who mistakes the deepest corners of the enthusiast internet for "mass opinion"
Heheh I find this pretty ironic considering the echo chamber that is this thread. But I guess recognizing anything other than high praise for MoS was going to be met with resistance in here. As I clarified, I'm not even saying it was poorly received.

Imperial

Bad-ass. It looks a lot like the fan-art:

aquaman-movie-jason-momoa-will-be-a-surfer-and-it-s-gonna-be-awesome-brah-momoa-as-aquaman.jpeg

Heheh I find this pretty ironic considering the echo chamber that is this thread. But I guess recognizing anything other than high praise for MoS was going to be met with resistance in here. As I clarified, I'm not even saying it was poorly received.

I would never claim that this thread or message boards like this represent any kind of mass market opinion. If it did the Wii U would be the best selling video game console of all time. You said the general opinion was "meh" which implies a negative opinion, which judging by most metrics is just not true.

ReiGun

I like how we were just in here talking bout "How are they gonna build hype with no trailer tho?" and then Synder randomly drops a picture of AquaMomoa at 1 in the morning EST and immediately has the internet by the balls.

Tabby

I like how we were just in here talking bout "How are they gonna build hype with no trailer tho?" and then Synder randomly drops a picture of AquaMomoa at 1 in the morning EST and immediately has the internet by the balls.
And this is just from one picture of Aquaman. Imagine what'd happen when we see a picture of the entire league together.

ryan299

All the scoopers on twitter are going after Green Lantern they say. Weird how he's the only one without an actor attached. Although you could say that with Shazam but that has the Rock attached.

a916

Looks amazing, they really nailed... I was afraid they weren't going to go for the new 52 look but they really incorporated the scales anyways and the tattoos and the dreads... everything about him just screams Aquaman but most importantly, I'm really glad they didn't shy away from the iconic A belt.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shit... he looks badass.

Shaanyboi

Banned
All the scoopers on twitter are going after Green Lantern they say. Weird how he's the only one without an actor attached. Although you could say that with Shazam but that has the Rock attached.

You could easily introduce GL in Justice League-proper. We aren't seeing Flash in this movie either. And Cyborg is just gonna cameo as Vic Stone.

Who could the 7th be?

Looks good,and at this point, things can only look up as far as new info goes.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Asuming that the unite the seven is a play on words referencing both the seven seas and seven founding Justice League members: We know Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Aquaman but we're still not sure who this seventh member is. The safe money is on Green Lantern, since WB was recently rumored to be casting a John Stewart GL. However, I'm holding out hope it's Martian Manhunter.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Wouldn't it be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Cyborg, and Green Lantern?

EDIT: Oh wait, I thought GL was already confirmed for down the road.

A GL filmed is confirmed. And it's highly unlikely that the 7th member of the Justice League will be anyone but GL. The question is whether it's Hal or John (because fuck Guy Gardener outside a group of other GL's, no one cares about Kyle, no one knows who Simon Baz is, and Alan Scott will get laughed out of the room)

Saya

Just wondering, are there any rumours about why they are uniting the Justice League? it can't be just because of Luthor right? Is he that big a threat that they need 7 of these superheroes? I haven't followed the comics.

ryan299

You could easily introduce GL in Justice League-proper. We aren't seeing Flash in this movie either. And Cyborg is just gonna cameo as Vic Stone.

GL has long been rumored to be showing up at end of JL1. Flash and Aquaman have cameo's in the movie. Several 'scoopers' have confirmed this.

Devin over at Badass said this:

The tagline - Unite the Seven - is clearly the callout to the fact that this movie is a prologue to Justice League.

About "Unite the Seven" - it's worth noting that script with which I'm familiar had Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg. There was no seventh in the script, although it's possible that the seventh member of the team - Green Lantern, one assumes - is introduced in Justice League. I had heard that Lantern wasn't showing up until the very end of Justice League Part 1, but maybe that's changed. And who knows - he could still show up in BvS. The scripted appearances by Aquaman and The Flash are very, very brief - cameos, really - and it would be easy to add Green Lantern in, possibly even with reshoots closer to release.

http://badassdigest.com/2015/02/20/first-look-at-batman-v-supermans-bro-dacious-aquaman/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom