• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddocks

going to watch the trailer 500+ times, then watch the YouTube reaction videos about it 200 times and smile all the way through. Then cry after is all said and done.

going to watch the trailer 500+ times, then watch the YouTube reaction videos about it 200 times and smile all the way through. Then cry after is all said and done.
This is me.

It's gonna be insane. To think there'll be a Star Wars trailer out too, not to mention who knows how many Ultron gifs floating around. This summer will be glorious for hype.

IconGrist

I don't know about you guys but I will more than likely be avoiding the thread that's made when the trailer hits. There's no way it doesn't turn into a bloodbath. I'll probably give it a couple weeks and then check it out just to see if anyone got banned, lol.

I don't know about you guys but I will more than likely be avoiding the thread that's made when the trailer hits. There's no way it doesn't turn into a bloodbath. I'll probably give it a couple weeks and then check it out just to see if anyone got banned, lol.

this thread will be ok

The OT thread will ironically be Mad Max levels of apocalyptic shitstorm

this thread will be ok

The OT thread will ironically be Mad Max levels of apocalyptic shitstorm

Yeah. Gonna be Marvel vs. DC all damn day.

a916

I dare someone to not watch a single teaser or trailer until the release next year.

I'll exit this thread once the media blitz starts 6 months out... I don't want to go in completely dark, but I definitely don't want to know too much either.

Can't wait until the toy makers start spoiling every character or the leaks before the movie comes out or whatever ends up happening.

ElFOkX7.jpg

I've been wondering how strong they'll make Wonder Woman in relation to Superman. Will she be able to withstand bullets or will she need to block them? I found this image that pretty much answered my question.

CB3pnyPUgAE9JMd.jpg

Never understood why this has to be. I enjoy films from both Marvel and DC.

It's older than the movies (or at least, the big movies) by a fair bit. Marvel vs. DC is a neverending conflict.

I've been wondering how strong they'll make Wonder Woman in relation to Superman. Will she be able to withstand bullets or will she need to block them? I found this image that pretty much answered my question.

CB3pnyPUgAE9JMd.jpg

Lol, that's pretty great.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
THE CYCLE CONTINUES

Nothing can stop the cycle.

Finally saw the Fast & Furious movies she's in. Was pretty good, actually. Not much of a role, but she did alright.

Here is what a movie blogger said about her performance in Triple 9 (a movie by Lawless and The Road director..so not top director but decent) after he saw an advanced screening of it.

czKXvUB.jpg

so it's a kinda good news I guess.

3N16MA

Banned
It's older than the movies (or at least, the big movies) by a fair bit. Marvel vs. DC is a neverending conflict.

I understand how long it has been going on for but it seems dumb. Both have such vast amount of material that you would think any fan of Marvel would find something to like with DC and vice versa.

The films are a bit different since DC and Marvel are going for different tones which could create some divide. I expect some people to have a preference but not count the other side out all together.

I understand how long it has been going on for but it seems dumb. Both have such vast amount of material that you would think any fan of Marvel would find something to like with DC and vice versa.

The films are a bit different since DC and Marvel are going for different tones which could create some divide. I expect some people to have a preference but not count the other side out all together.

It's got nothing to do with content, really. People start with the content, then become invested in the brand, and eventually view alternatives as a threat. It's stupid, but hey.

ReiGun

CB3pnyPUgAE9JMd.jpg
Something about the use of the golden age suits makes it even funnier.

It's got nothing to do with content, really. People start with the content, then become invested in the brand, and eventually view alternatives as a threat. It's stupid, but hey.

Pretty much. It's how all these dumb nerd wars go. This one just falls into the especially ridiculous category since there's no reason to choose.

Imperial

Oh man, great movie. Highly recommend it.

I'm also curious if they're seeing the final cut of the movie, or if some special fx work still needs to be done.

You'd think that with all the additional time to work on it because of the delay, they would have finished most of the vfx stuff by now. But no, I'm guessing it';s still mostly incomplete.

Even Age of Ultron is still being fixed/changed 1-2 months before release

d1NhlBS.jpg

Effect

Oh man, great movie. Highly recommend it.

I'm also curious if they're seeing the final cut of the movie, or if some special fx work still needs to be done.

Wouldn't be surprised if FX work is being done until the movie needs to be sent out for screenings. They're likely are going want to see what is done in Avengers and even Star Wars before finalizing anything on that front. See if there is anything they can improve on, etc.

I will say this though regarding that picture. I don't like the special effects they're using for Quicksilver in Avengers to show off his speed. How that was handle in Days of Future Past is more to my liking. I hope the end result is good though but not liking it at all from what is shown in the trailers.

Trailer 1 looks better except the piece of paper obscuring QS.

Trailer 2 looks like the Deus Ex piss filter was thrown on it.

I don't care for their Quicksilver's effects, after watching Flash & DOTFP and based on the trailers, Quicksilver won't be a big takeaway from Avengers 2.

Anyway, I can't believe we're waiting a little less than a year for a film that is finished :/. I wish I could say longer time in development = better quality but I've seen a few examples where that isn't necessarily the case. Still that first trailer is going to be great.

J10

Banned
I was assuming it's a rough cut with incomplete effects work. It's probably too long with bad sound and temp music right now and they have a lot of work to do to home in on the final cut. Age of Ultron was reportedly around 2:45 up until a few weeks ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if FX work is being done until the movie needs to be sent out for screenings. They're likely are going want to see what is done in Avengers and even Star Wars before finalizing anything on that front. See if there is anything they can improve on, etc.

I will say this though regarding that picture. I don't like the special effects they're using for Quicksilver in Avengers to show off his speed. How that was handle in Days of Future Past is more to my liking. I hope the end result is good though but not liking it at all from what is shown in the trailers.
Quicksilver in Avengers is much more accurate to the comics. DOFP was practically only Quicksilver in name only. He was way too OP.

DaveH

Anyway, I can't believe we're waiting a little less than a year for a film that is finished :/.
Snyder tells the story in the editing room. Every director's different. Fincher has an exacting vision for what he wants to see and averages 50 takes until he gets it (according to a Gone Girl producer)... however, Snyder's way more collaborative and lets the actors do their thing, overshoots to get a ton of raw material, then makes a 5 hour draft of the movie which gets molded into the final film.

There are strengths and weaknesses to each approach, but the latter is generally better for integrated post-production in visual effects heavy films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom