• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to that Clark is often cast younger than Lois, and in their field Lois is the more accomplished of the two.

I give Donner credit for pushing it in that direction. When you recall Superman '78's iconic scenes, arguably the most famous is Superman sweeping Lois off her feet.

Superman is surrounded with pretty strong women. Think about it Wonder Woman, Lois, Supergirl, and Ma Kent are really well defined characters.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'd take the cycle over brand power/spidey vs supes anytime.

This is really nothing but thought I'd point it out. I liked Man of Steel a lot. My wife, who is not a comic book fan, loved it. She loved Lois, she loved Supes. She cried when Johnathan died.

Man of Steel was awesome( I put it up these with TDK, BB and Watchmen) Lois was good and not just a useless love interest, doing her job and helping big time. and I liked the change on Jonathan Kent death in MoS. He knew that human are not ready for aliens and he'll rather die than expose his son to the world like that, for me it was way better than random heart attack.

Really need to watch the movie again. it's pretty awesome.

I wonder if they'll turn her into Star Sapphire (she is in BvS so it's possible or make her transform into Star Sapphire to be the villain for the GL film).

We might be jumping the gun here. Lets have her be confirmed to be that Ferris before we talk about any Star Sapphire connection.

Though that actress is really cute when she's not in full military regalia. Wouldn't mind if she was made that Carol Ferris.

I took the Ferris thing as an easter egg rather than a firm link into Green Lantern.

MoS was a weak launchpad for the universe. I think they were a little reluctant to be heavy handed with teasing/references after Green Lantern. It's amazing how little we know of BvS, after all of suicide squad's casting announcements I'm expecting like a million easter eggs in BvS.

Would be so happy if they had some sort of daily planet scene with a 24/7 news cycle that talks about a record thunderstorm in central city. Bonus points if they have an excavation in Khandaq. Post credits scene show a certain bald scientist excavating Khem Adam. More likely I think they'll show Abin Sur's ship crashing. I'm confident Gl and Flash's origins will be mentioned. Cyborg probably saved for Justice League.

I remember when that quote dropped. People were ready to burn Nolan at the stake.

I love it. I hope WB follows this mantra and doesn't do it lol

post credits scenes always make films feel like cogs in a machine. The prior two hours already set up threads for the future, we don't need a stinger after the credits

a916

Eh, the original quote was never from him to begin with which makes it a bit dubious and a he said she said, he responded with:

“I would never say someone else’s film isn’t ‘a real film.’ The quote is inaccurate.”

...According to Nolan, he had told Snyder, 'We shouldn’t be chasing other movies, but stay true to the tone of Man of Steel.'"

ReiGun

Yep, that's a pretty silly comment for Nolan to make.

Except he wasn't even talking about post credit scenes but telling Synder not to chase after other movies. He was misquoted and had the original article edit in a new footnote.

Of course, don't tell the internet that cause that gets in the way of the nerd rage.

Edit: Beaten.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
will you guys be ok if DC/WB changed Wonder Woman outfit to the epic post convergence suit after Batman vs Superman( for Justice League)?

Except he wasn't even talking about post credit scenes but telling Synder not to chase after other movies. He was misquoted and had the original article edit in a new footnote.

Of course, don't tell the internet that cause that gets in the way of the nerd rage.

Edit: Beaten.

I noticed many rush to attack Nolan nowadays (even in this thread). sure TDKR wasn't good but TDK is still the best super hero movie ever made and Nolan is still a great director.

anyway the way Nolan did the Joker tease in Batman Begins (before the end credit) is what WB directors should copy if they wanted to do these sort of stuff.

Penguin

This is a he said/she said type dealio before DC Ninjas kill em

Also, here's a thing. Someone I trust told me that Wonder Woman in Superman/Batman is way, WAY better treated than we were hoping.
They said Wonder Woman is an absolute highlight of the film.
I am just passing that along, but they were very, very pumped about Diana's role in that movie.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/587663277632589825
https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/587663347639652352
https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/587663482981494784

DaveH

uGOu4e8.jpg

Source: http://www.batmanvsupermandawnofjustice.com/ (click on CREDITS at the very bottom)

Note the billing order on a poster is not necessarily indicative of story focus or screen time alone, but also

"Principal characters in the film and have the most screen time. However, well-known actors may be given top billing for publicity or contractual purposes..."

Affleck is obviously senior and more of a celebrity than Cavill, however, before people flip out and worry this is another Batman film, note that all the billed supporting cast members are Superman one's except Irons and Gadot.

Goyer still gets a written by credit but comes after Terrio and gets a EP credit but comes after Geoff Johns.

In Batman, Nicholson got billing over Keaton.

a916

Who's Gail Simone?

uGOu4e8.jpg

Source: http://www.batmanvsupermandawnofjustice.com/ (click on CREDITS at the very bottom)

Note the billing order on a poster is not necessarily indicative of story focus or screen time alone, but also

"Principal characters in the film and have the most screen time. However, well-known actors may be given top billing for publicity or contractual purposes..."

Why would Amy Adams be 3rd on that billing? I hope it's contractually and not based on screentime... her screentime should be about the same as Jeremy Irons.

DaveH

Who's Gail Simone?
A solid DC writer and female character advocate... she started with a blog criticizing DC and, to their credit, like Mardston before her, they hired her to write for DC which she had been doing until recently. You don't have to agree with everything she puts out there or even like it, but it's difficult to question her sincerity.

Why would Amy Adams be 3rd on that billing? I hope it's contractually and not based on screentime... her screentime should be about the same as Jeremy Irons.
She's the most distinguished of the supporting cast, but it could be screentime as well. If you want to build a franchise, you have to have continuity, so it makes sense her screentime might eclipse Alfred's, in order to build connections between this film and MOS.

Penguin

Who's Gail Simone?

1)Not sure if kidding

2)They have stated before that this is very much a Man of Steel sequel so makes sense that his supporting cast would have a decent amount of screen time

ReiGun

will you guys be ok if DC/WB changed Wonder Woman outfit to the epic post convergence suit after Batman vs Superman( for Justice League)?
Ehh...I like the costume and all, but I think it's a little too busy for a film and the one they have now is fine, give or take a few changes.

Gail be knowing. I don't think she'd share if it wasn't someone she really trusts to have a good eye for these things. Interested to see how WW turns out.

After Faora in MoS, I have absolutely no doubts about this.

God I want her back somehow, she is one of my favorite comic villains in a movie/tv series ever.

Ridiculous I know but I would have been fine with them straight recasting her as Wonder Woman or even saying Faora had a change of heart and becomes the DCCU's Wonder Woman.
Really wish they'd use her as a Wonder Woman villain.

ReiGun

God I want her back somehow, she is one of my favorite comic villains in a movie/tv series ever.

Ridiculous I know but I would have been fine with them straight recasting her as Wonder Woman or even saying Faora had a change of heart and becomes the DCCU's Wonder Woman.
Really wish they'd use her as a Wonder Woman villain.

Nah b. This is Wonder Woman's first movie. Use one of her villains or bust.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Great stuff. more hype.

hope Zack can make her as awesome as Faora.

Who's Gail Simone?

?? She is playing Lois Lane, an iconic DC charachter and got a very important main role in MoS.

Ehh...I like the costume and all, but I think it's a little too busy for a film and the one they have now is fine, give or take a few changes.

well if it's just upgrades (like the MoS to BvS Superman suit) I'd like her outfit evolve to the one from the January WW and Justice League issues (the warrior one by David Finch)

3N16MA

Banned
Amy Adams is a high profile actress who has been nominated for five academy awards. Her name is not going to get buried no matter her screen time.

a916

?? She is playing Lois Lane, an iconic DC charachter and got a very important main role in MoS.

I don't mind if they give her good screentime, but ahead of Lex Luthor? This is more a setup to JL than a Superman movie is it not? I would rather they work at establishing his character dynamic with Superman than waste it on Clark and Loius. (for the same reason I liked Marvel avoiding including Jane Foster and Pepper Potts in the Avengers movie but gave them appropriate screentime in the standalones)

Ahasverus

An executive producer pours less money than the producer, but it's more involved in the film, it's the voice of the studio/producer in the film. He could be very prominent, if he wanted so.

Really hoping there's some huge marvel vs dc fan at WB that just jumps the gun and leaks the trailer :p. So we're a little under a month from mad max, it's going to be here anyday now. Kind of want to make a hype thread for people's favorite portrayals of DC characters in comics, movies, animations or what have you but that would fall fast in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom