• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible he uses some sort of voice-altering tech when he first encounters Supes (sort of what they with Ollie's voice in Arrow).

Or hey, who says that's even Batman speaking that dialogue? We don't see his mouth moving at any point so it could be some other character.
Could it be Luthor? Considering the other images saying how "the world is excited about what he can do" and what I think translates to "false god"?

jackdoe

It's possible he uses some sort of voice-altering tech when he first encounters Supes (sort of what they with Ollie's voice in Arrow).

Or hey, who says that's even Batman speaking that dialogue? We don't see his mouth moving at any point so it could be some other character.
It's definitely Affleck. Part of the distortion is due to the crappy audio capture. Whether they altered his voice further in post is hard to tell.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Pictures from the trailer?

CCvLELZXIAAJNlC.jpg:large

"The world is so excited about what he's able to do..."

CCvDQ6eXIAA8S8V.jpg:large

wb should just release it.

jett

D-Member
Just realized those are 30 seconds of almost nothing, out of a 2 minute trailer. There probably won't be all that much content in the teaser...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
hPENaAl.png

so officially WB uses "VS" instead of just V for the titles for other languages.

They should really use "VS" for the English one as well.

DaveH

The 30 seconds is almost certainly fake.

It's the comic con footage mirror flipped. The Hardee's commercial heavily processed with rain effects. Then efforts to make it look like foreign cam footage. If you're going so far to leak it, why leak only 30 seconds and not the whole 2 minutes?

It's the comic con footage mirror flipped. The Hardee's commercial heavily processed with rain effects. Then efforts to make it look like foreign cam footage. If you're going so far to leak it, why leak only 30 seconds and not the whole 2 minutes?
Nah, dont think it's fake. Supes landing in Hardee's commerical looks nothing like that scene.

SDCC doesnt look the same either

Loxley

I'm about 99.9% certain it's not fake. The shot looking over Superman's shoulder looking down on Batman and the part where Superman lands wasn't in the Comic-con footage. Also, the massive bat signal from the Comic-con footage is completely absent.

DaveH

There are so many ideas in the teaser, my brain in buzzing... so glad it doesn't seem like they turned the DCCU onto "easy mode" just to pander.

Haven't watched the trailer (waiting for 1080p), but god damn sounds like a lot of interesting concepts being thrown out. Can't wait to dissect it.

Effect

Crazy that the trailer was leaked. I wonder if this will stop WB from sending stuff like this in advance to certain areas in the future. Due to the language they should be able to narrow down which market this leak came from I think. Does one punish an entire market and it's theaters though? Has that happen before?

kinda bummed that this came out the same day as star wars trailer because that got such a huge emotional response from me (and looked great too) that anything short of this film completely leaking in HD would not live up to that imo.

trailer was cool though, favorite was the bruce/alfred scene. and good lord I was surprised by how beastly batman looked in that one shot (in his normal suit)

Effect

I don't mind the trailer coming out early. I agree it is disappointing it leaked the same day/night as Star Wars. The film deserves to have it's own day to shine and Star Wars deserved not to have anything potentially take away from it as well.

DaveH

I agree and think the comparisons are more than a little unfair. Star Wars is further along in post and its marketing campaign, putting its trailer in front of a rabid live audience that paid to be there, while showing us semi-familiar stuff that's all been touched upon before the release of the trailer, and ending with comforting nostalgia of a familiar face.

The whole thing is calculated to bring warm fuzzies.

By contrast, the BvS teaser is our first official look and listen at anything substantive and it is intentionally designed to make you feel uneasy. There's provocative language and visuals like "false god", "terror", "lies", "corruption", "anger", "bleed", militarized bowing, people reaching out, etc. It decidedly is not attempting to make you feel warm and fuzzy feelings, but disorientate you with overlapping voice overs, etc.

I think it's a teaser that probably does need a preamble or mood-setting before experiencing, which is what the 15 minute IMAX event is about, rather than it being experienced cold and without context. Star Wars didn't do that... they warmed you up with Celebration.

So I'm guessing Snyder's presentation might go online at some point rather than waiting for the disc as a companion to the teaser for a movie a year out.

WB's marketing might be working for them... so many people asking how Batman could possibly fight Superman. You know they're not going to show very many clips of the battle itself to get people to buy tickets like the Cloverfield Monster.

Glass

Well it's not one rule for all. Dark and gritty suits Daredevil. It suits Batman. I think people are just waiting for some Superman-esque qualities to shine through.

They'll be there in the film though. I think Supermans more 'hopeful' qualities will shine through even stronger against the backdrop of a world where many are too cynical to believe he's here as a force for good.

The teaser accomplished three things. The fallout from MoS, introduced Batman, shows that they will fight. I'd say those were pretty important priorities.

I expect the next trailer to have Lois, Jimmy, Clark and have Superman saving people. I don't expect a Wonder Woman
Doomsday reveal
up until the last few trailers.

Would love to see

One trailer have doomsday punching out of his containment cell

jackdoe

The teaser accomplished three things. The fallout from MoS, introduced Batman, shows that they will fight. I'd say those were pretty important priorities.

I expect the next trailer to have Lois, Jimmy, Clark and have Superman saving people. I don't expect a Wonder Woman
Doomsday reveal
up until the last few trailers.

Would love to see

One trailer have doomsday punching out of his containment cell
Jimmy is in the trailer. You can hear Scoot Mcnairy's voice defending Superman against Lex.

DMczaf

The second I saw people championing Daredevil for being dark and gritty, I knew right away Batman v Superman would catch shit for being dark and gritty when the trailer was released.

I'm not saying these are the same people, but god damn. What does Marvel have over people?!

lol at the trailer thread

people like to just hate for the sake of just hating

some posts jump to conclusions as if they've watched the whole movie rather then just a 2min trailer

3N16MA

Banned
The second I saw people championing Daredevil for being dark and gritty, I knew right away Batman v Superman would catch shit for being dark and gritty when the trailer was released.

I'm not saying these are the same people, but god damn. What does Marvel have over people?!

They want the DCCU to be populated with corny jokes so they can watch a comedy similar to IM3.

On a serious note, the MCU has nothing that is dark and gritty so Daredevil was a breathe of fresh air. Everyone thinks of DC as being dark because of the TDK trilogy so I guess they get hated on because they won't change.

Who is to say we won't get less dark films in the DCCU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom