• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh trust me, it's not hard to forget people dislike Man of Steel.

They seem to remind you whenever any new movie comes out.

But you also can't deny that there are some double standards between the two companies and fans online

I don't think there really is a double standard, outside of a minority with the aforementioned tribal fanboy loyalty to Marvel.

When WB proves they can make a significantly better DCCU film than Man of Steel, I'm pretty sure you'll see sentiment towards them start to shift a lot.

3N16MA

Banned
Maybe, y'know, some people actually, genuinely didn't like Man of Steel, and actually, genuinely don't like what they've seen/heard of this film, and aren't out to get the DCCU out of some tribal fanboy affiliation with Marvel.

Just a thought.

MoS criticism is amped up 10X on the internet kind of like Prometheus. I don't doubt that are some people who genuinely dislike the film.

a916

Oh trust me, it's not hard to forget people dislike Man of Steel.

They seem to remind you whenever any new movie comes out.

But you also can't deny that there are some double standards between the two companies and fans online

It's an uphill battle WB is fighting. It's a LOT harder to lose the stigma of being bad than it is to lose the stigma of you can't do anything wrong. The momentum Marvel is riding currently is pretty high.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's an uphill battle WB is fighting. It's a LOT harder to lose the stigma of being bad than it is to lose the stigma of you can't do anything wrong. The momentum Marvel is riding currently is pretty high.

It's not about momentum or about how Marvel is doing, I like the good Marvel/Fox/wathever superhero movies just like any comic fan. But when some clearly don't want other fans to like or enjoy any DC related things and you see them criticize DC for been gritty and dark yet in the same time they like and praise other stuff because it's now dark and gritty (again the example in the last page) it's just double standard and obvious bias . Look at the other thread and look at this one, some people just say DC is bad while ignoring a history of good films and focusing on Man of Steel like if it was the like the plague (which tons of people loved it too... but apparently their opinion is superior?) and try to come over any comment and remind people about that over and ove, honestly it's just kinda tiring.

But when some clearly don't want other fans to like or enjoy any DC related things and you see them criticize DC for been gritty and dark yet in the same time they like and praise other stuff because it's now dark and gritty (again the example in the last page) it's just double standard and obvious bias .

Examples, please.

Can't really find it, but the Comic Con trailer... is that part of this scene or was that dressed up?

I thought Bats was nice to a bat signal and Superman was in a diff location, but doesn't seem to be exactly where they are in the teaser since no signal

I'm 100% certain they're editing that bat-signal logo so it doesn't look like under-pants. Its a once-seen-can't-unsee type situation.

3N16MA

Banned
It's free and if the leak didn't force WB to release the teaser it would have been the debut. It would be idiotic if they made fans pay for a ticket but throwing a little thing like a teaser screening does no harm.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What competition does BvS have in March/April? I can see this movie hitting 175 on opening weekend and running strong in to April.

guek

Banned
Why does this always have to went into a Marvel vs DC discussion? Its so annoying.

I find it most annoying when posters actively complain about their side being persecuted while mocking the other side. Fuck, I find it annoying as hell that there are sides at all.

What competition does BvS have in March/April? I can see this movie hitting 175 on opening weekend and running strong in to April.

It's not going to open with 175m in March. The current record holder is Hunger Games at 152m, so somewhere around there is probably the absolute best case scenario.

3N16MA

Banned
I find it most annoying when posters actively complain about their side being persecuted while mocking the other side. Fuck, I find it annoying as hell that there are sides at all.

It's not going to open with 175m in March. The current record holder is Hunger Games at 152m, so somewhere around there is probably the absolute best case scenario.

In 8 months we have seen the August, January, February, and April records fall. The May and December records will also fall this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the March record fall pretty easily.

guek

Banned
In 8 months we have seen the August, January, February, and April records fall. The May and December records will also fall this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the March record fall pretty easily.
Still a good idea to manage expectations. 175mil in March when the previous record is 152mil isn't impossible but it's not very likely.

Penguin

Still a good idea to manage expectations. 175mil in March when the previous record is 152mil isn't impossible but it's not very likely.

To be fair, before Guardians wasn't the August record like 72 million and they shattered it?

I wouldn't predict anything this far out... and honestly... don't care yet

As long as it makes bank, and this universe... makes quality movies.

But yeah

Ahasverus

I don't expect the DCCU to make more bank than the MCCU at all, WB's is almost shutting the <12 demo out completely, until Shazam that is.

Any chance they show Wonder Woman in the imax trailer tomorrow? (Zack said a few extra shots)

It's possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Wondy's probably got a lot less spoiler-friendly screen time than the other two, simply by virtue of having less screen time overall.

Verendus

Banned
It's going to smash that record. It honestly baffles me how people think this movie isn't going to be huge. Granted, it's not the Justice League, and it doesn't have the novelty factor of several superheroes in one movie like Avengers for the first time, but that hardly matters when Batman is there. I'm sure JL will go past two billion in 2017, but this movie will get close.

People should have learned from the Avengers. Iron Man had grossed over $600 million, and people were thinking Avengers was going to do similar numbers when it was the first movie of its kind, and with ample time to itself. And neither the MCU or Iron Man were hugely popular at the time, which is why $1.5 billion surprised so many. Even then, a billion should've been expected just looking at it as Iron Man and friends.

WB is coming off two billion dollar movies with Batman, and while Man of Steel doesn't have the same recognition, it did well enough. Just the fact that it's Batman and Superman in a movie for the first time, and Batman's return guarantees it's going to be huge. When you add in how well superhero movies are generally doing with the public, and the international growth of grosses, this movie is going to going to settle around $1.5 billion worldwide at a minimum. Domestically, it'll do great too since Batman is the biggest domestic superhero.

This stuff should be pretty obvious to folks by now.

a916

Pardon the sizes:

CC_lAchUMAAWaHc.jpg:large

CC_lKuRVAAALgMM.jpg:large

Penguin

Monday, April 20, 2015 at 9am PDT

Zack Snyder tweets the teaser one sheet to further build excitement.

Monday, April 20, 2015 at 7pm local time

The ENHANCED trailer is screened in Imax theaters in US, Canada with an exclusive intro from Zack Snyder.

Show flow:

Zack Intro (he asks fans not to video tape the footage) – 20 seconds

ENHANCED Trailer – 2 mins and 11 seconds

Zack Returns (stoke fan excitement and show the trailer again) – 37 seconds

ENHANCED Trailer – 2 mins and 15 seconds End on Hashtag #BatmanvSuperman

All attendees are given special exclusive mini-onesheets. All attendees are sent via email a special digital asset TBD

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 @ 9am PDT

NON-ENHANCED Trailer is released worldwide online.

----

Seems the 15 minutes is just logistics of getting everyone to their seat and getting them one-sheets. I'm guessing the "enhanced" aspect means a bit of IMAX quality / aspect-ratio footage.

We're not getting an interview with Snyder, which I hoped for, but didn't really expect to get.

Seems like things have changed with the timing, but this seems to be pretty on the mark since we just got the tease of the one-sheet

DaveH

wonder what the digital asset will be then
I wouldn't expect much, but maybe they could surprise us. With the Star Wars Force-For-Change / Omaze / Unicef campaign everyone who donated received a "digital badge" (I believe it's basically avatar art but can be redeemed in their communities to show you contributed).

I wonder if redeeming the digital asset will include a request for demographic information... in which case it might be a little nicer to entice you to give those over?

3N16MA

Banned
Video from WB studio tour showing off more details of the Batmobile, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman's costume. From Bleacher Report of all places.

I wouldn't expect much, but maybe they could surprise us. With the Star Wars Force-For-Change / Omaze / Unicef campaign everyone who donated received a "digital badge" (I believe it's basically avatar art but can be redeemed in their communities to show you contributed).

I wonder if redeeming the digital asset will include a request for demographic information... in which case it might be a little nicer to entice you to give those over?

Signing up for a WB Access account already kind of gave away some of that information, but who knows.

I'm thinking some kind of media kit with art assets. Maybe the teaser posters without text and unobscured eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom