• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Suicide Squad idea was genius. It stablishes villains, cements the universe, reaches out to casuals (as the title Suicide Squad doesn't scream COMICS). It will work out ok.

Yup. Wouldn't be surprised if DC really starts hyping up its villains going forward, they've got a really strong roster there.

DaveH

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/joss-whedon-is-adorably-pumped-for-batman-v-117087671081.html
Joss Whedon Is Adorably Pumped For Batman v Superman
p1pu8Mi.gif

He may have just directed the biggest superhero movie ever, but ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ director Joss Whedon seems to be just as excited about 2016′s ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ as he his about his own film.

When asked whether he’d watched the first trailer for ‘BvS’ that was released over the weekend, and he confirmed he had.

“I found [the trailer for ‘Batman v Superman’] interesting,” he tells Yahoo Movies in our interview above, “Because they’re bringing up a lot of issues that we bring up in ‘Age of Ultron’ and I think it’s inevitable.”

“People with power, who are good, do not always agree and it makes perfect sense for me that [Batman and Superman] would fight. And besides… Batman and Superman are gonna fight! I’m so excited! I’m so excited!”

We put the same question to Captain America and Hawkeye actors Chris Evans and Jeremy Renner, but they hadn’t seen the ‘Dawn of Justice’ teaser yet.

However, they did have plenty to say about Superman and his seemingly unlimited powers.

“How does anyone fight Superman?” asks Evans.

“I feel like [Superman] would bulldoze our whole squad, they really wrote him unfairly. It’s not fair, he’s got too much.” finished Evans.

Loxley

That double jerk-off motion ain't fooling anyone Whedon - we know where your true allegiance lies.

Once a Browncoat, always a Browncoat.

BadAss2961

Everyone is saying it's more of the same. We'll done, but hardly brings anything new. I expected as much, and I'm sure it'll be like Avengers where each viewing has diminishing returns. I liked Avengers well enough, but seeing it more than once, I get a headache now haha
Gathering all that i've heard about the film, AoU sounds like it'll fail to come close to the reception of the original. It'll pull its numbers, but I sense a long overdue backlash brewing for the MCU. Then with Ant-Man looking like it'll do them no favors, things seem to be lining up for BvS to quickly flip the current DC/Marvel narrative.

Serious question. Is Tyrese big on comic books or something? I've never seen an actor push so hard for a role.

I have no idea what compelled him to push for this role to the degree he is. I really think it's as simple as wanting some of that superhero money and he doesn't know of any other black superhero.

Loxley

At least some of his followers can smell the bullshit lol:

ajkelly21997
Here we fucking go again, so desperate to stay in the spotlight, but the truth is you would be terrible for this role. Everyone knows you want to play this part but posting 200 pics of it isn't going to change that you don't have the talent for something like this.

*edit - This reminds of the time when Isaiah Mustafa (you know, the Old Spice guy) wanted the role of Luke Cage so badly he actually made a fake trailer featuring himself as the character. He campaigned pretty hard with Marvel Studios to get the part as well.

...didn't really work out for him.

Rewatched the BvS trailer again, man I love that stare Affleck gives the cowl. Like he absolutely fucking hates it, but he has an obsession and it's eating his soul. Then the cowl is just staring back at him and has that malicious look on it. Sogood.

Wonder if that obscenely huge tower with the fountain ontop is Lexcorp. Seems lavish enough to be it.

Kind of curious to see people's reactions to the trailer when I go see AoU.

Effect

I think it's more along the lines of, "how many more Fast and Furious movie are there gonna be? and i need to attach myself to another franchise"

His actions certainly feel this way which is why this seems so sad as well as beyond annoying. It's embarrassing as well and I really wish he'd just stop it. If he wants the part then go for parts that might reflect the character to a degree. Put in the actual acting work.

As for the trailer. Count me in too for being curious as to how people will response when it plays in front of Avengers. What the general feeling among will be. Additionally after they see Avengers which will be darker and perhaps touch on some similar themes if what Whedon is saying is true and no reason to think it isn't.

ReiGun

Tyrese killed his chances with this whole campaign of his cause now WB has clear evidence that the audience doesn't want this at all. He may have had a chance had he just auditioned for the role.

Loxley

Penguin

Watching Man of Steel again

Has some interesting pacing.

I feel like the flashbacks and current day story don't really flow as well as needed

Odoul

I remember rumors about Lex Luthor in this movie was that he was gonna have sleeve tattoos of the Metropolis skyline.

I wonder if those descriptions got mixed up with the new Joker (who I was 50/50 on at first but is growing on me quckly,)

I hope not. I really liked that rumor.
Tyrese killed his chances with this whole campaign of his cause now WB has clear evidence that the audience doesn't want this at all. He may have had a chance had he just auditioned for the role.
I personally think it's misdirection and he's already been cast as another DC character. Like the girl that was posting a bunch of Harley Quinn images then got cast as Enchantress the next week.

It Black Manta is involved in the movieverse soon, Tyrese doesn't seem like he'd be terrible.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
In the radio, the film news crew guys were talking about the Joker news, one went into 5 mins rants about DC missing a huge opportunity to have this crazy joker vs Batman in Batman solo film, he said they should delay Aquaman and have a Batman one with the this Joker in 2018 and I actually agree.

Thor 2 was added to the poll and is currently leading. No one likes it.

for me Iron Man 3 was worse than Thor 2 I mean the the mandarin, Tony making jokes 2 mins after
thinking that Pepper died
the kid, the final useless fight...ect

I think you may be taking his words too literally. Tyson just sort of seems like he's speaking as someone who's not too familiar with the comics.

I agree, this is about as general as one unfamiliar with subject matter can be. Batman is a vigilante that still has ties with actual government/state authorities, Superman just shows up. Hell, there has been a few times where Superman's presence and intervention creates more issues than solves.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I agree, this is about as general as one unfamiliar with subject matter can be. Batman is a vigilante that still has ties with actual government/state authorities, Superman just shows up. Hell, there has been a few times where Superman's presence and intervention creates more issues than solves.

It's just funny that he don't trust Superman, kinda like a version of Lex. :p

I just saw Ex Machina this evening....

BvS now has a pretty high bar for Lex Luthor.

yeah a great movie with awesome cast (people need to see it)

WB need to get the actress that played Kyoko for Cass Cain or Katana.

for me Iron Man 3 was worse than Thor 2 I mean the the mandarin, Tony making jokes 2 mins after
thinking that Pepper died
the kid, the final useless fight...ect

Tony making jokes is his schtick
I thought the kid was a figment of his imagination, a reflection of himself before PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom