• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass

They're definitely real, MoS had the exact same artist do promo images of Supes, to appear on different kinds of merch. These just leaked way too early for WB.

Someone needs to post that art work that were on the shirts that were supposedly given to crew working on the movie.

So we can compare.

ABnxAbx.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Not sure if spoiler but Batman is officially in the Suicide Squad. I thought he was on on hiatus and returned in BvS, and SS is after MoS and before BvS so this is weird :/

This can never be topped, I really hope they don't pull a Marvel and switch his suit every damn movie.

some minor tweaks like MoS --> BvS Superman Suit with it's brighter blue wont hurt, maybe a but yeah hope they don't go crazy with the changes. (I think Wonder Woman suit will be the one that get a big change in her solo movie since many people didn't liked it that much)

but it's amazing that we waited all these decade and 8 movies to finally get a perfect batsuit.

Loxley

Not sure if spoiler but Batman is officially in the Suicide Squad. I thought he was on on hiatus and returned in BvS, and SS is after MoS and before BvS so this is weird :/

The going theory right now is that Batman is on the Suicide Squad set because they're
filming a flashback sequence where the Joker kills Robin. It's this event that (again, more rumors) is supposedly what causes Bruce to hang up the cowl up until the events of BVS. Whether or not it's Jason Todd or Dick Grayson or whether the scene will be in SS or BVS is anyone's guess at the moment.

So is Hans scoring Justice League as well?

I really want an iconic Justice League theme above all else. I do like his work in MoS and Batman but he needs to crank it up to 11 (like Interstellar) for the main Justice League theme. People don't really talk about it but I feel like having a theme is extremely important to enjoying a movie. I don't even love Donner's films but John Williams hit it out of the ball park.

On a serious note, is there precedent to films that turned around such negative opinions (or reviewer crows) upon release? I can only imagine they'd stick to their guns rather than admit they were wrong. Just looking for precedent as I can't think of any.

Dysun

X-Men First Class looked like shit (marketing-wise), and had little to no buzz. Most people were positive about it after the fact

Checked out at "marvel just gets it"

These movies are for the kids. It's a reason why WB will never make as much money as peak mcu, but also why the marvel universe has just gotten so stale. I feel like I'm watching Saturday morning cartoons. They couldn't even make a damn murderous robot feel intimidating :(

Xmen has the best balance of humor and drama. We have yet to see WB's universe but I really hope it's far removed from Feige's. Marvel got the team banter right but that's about it for me

edit: like there's so many things to touch upon in these films if they insist on continually making them. marvel has failed at it after like 12 movies so I'm just done with them. But Xmen has brought cool stuff up before such as their place within the world and that Batman v Superman trailer seems to be going for god and cult parallels which is cool. It's what they should have done with Thor tbh. I'm ready for something different.

a916

WlrBssNl.png

Agree or disagree?

Yeah, I agree, the greatest comic book movie of all time has ruined DC Comics forever. They should just sell themselves to Disney and be done with it. This guy has already see the other DCCU movies so there's no need for us to.

Continue embarrassing yourself though. I'll just add this to Polygon and their stupid knee jerk reaction.

On a serious note, is there precedent to films that turned around such negative opinions (or reviewer crows) upon release? I can only imagine they'd stick to their guns rather than admit they were wrong. Just looking for precedent as I can't think of any.

GAF or for that matter the internet make up such a small percentage of people that are actually going to watch the movie. I don't think reviewers (at least ones that aren't petty) are smart enough to know not to judge a movie until they actually watch it.

At one point this clown says "How Nolan and Snyder Ruined Superhero Movies" then buries this gem, "the jury, however, is still out." Then continues to spin his wheels when he says "there’s no doubting the richness of the source material, from Frank Miller’s classic series The Dark Knight Returns" and jumps to this logical conclusion, "Why isn’t DC using this source material more effectively?"

3N16MA

Banned
Nolan and Snyder ruined superhero films because they took over Marvel and forced Feige and his cronies to do it their way. They then headed over to FOX and told those losers to get rid of any fun and make everything dark with extra grit.

What a bunch of assholes.

how god-tier would it be if they got Sam Raimi to direct Shazam. the hero we deserve. His Spiderman 1 and 2 is still the standard for balancing multiple genres (rom-com, action, humor etc.)

i think that franchise would be the big moneymaker with the kids if they market it well. It's a kid's power fantasy.

3N16MA

Banned

World War Z looked like it was headed for box office and critical disaster. The problems seemed to be piling up before release. It did very well at the box office and while it's not highly acclaimed, it wasn't thrashed by critics.

World War Z looked like it was headed for box office and critical disaster. The problems seemed to be piling up before release. It did very well at the box office and while it's not highly acclaimed, it wasn't thrashed by critics.

I was going to say Avatar and Avengers, but they were more middling doubters and concerns about mainstream appeal (lolz whedon sucks). This film is racking up almost daily articles - a year from release - with not so thinly veiled rants that the films shit and everythings wrong with it. Its pretty crazy.

f8U8YKf.png

a916

I was going to say Avatar and Avengers, but they were more middling doubters and concerns about mainstream appeal (lolz whedon sucks). This film is racking up almost daily articles - a year from release - with not so thinly veiled rants that the films shit and everythings wrong with it. Its pretty crazy.

f8U8YKfl.png

Did he just say, "(Suicide Squad) basically introduces a big portion of the DC super-villain universe right off the bat"?

Last time I checked, those are all B list villians save for Joker.

Why are there so many articles "worried" about the DCCU ? Batman alone is such a big franchise, that DC would be fine if they only made Batman movies.

Did he just say, "(Suicide Squad) basically introduces a big portion of the DC super-villain universe right off the bat"?

Last time I checked, those are all B list villians save for Joker.

Yeah that throws me too. I haven't even heard of most of them save for Deathstroke who isn't confirmed.

f8U8YKf.png

Even his face says "I'm a troll". Jesus, what does it take to be a Forbes contributor? The one they have for Batman/DC isn't all that much better.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think this is Phase 2. Phase 1 was with these guys pretending that the good DC movies (Batman Begins, TDK, Watchmen, V for Vendetta..ect) didn't exist at all and only attack MoS and Green Lantern, now Phase 2 is pretending that one of the best super hero movie of all time if not the best (The Dark Knight) is what bad with the super hero movies and should be burn. I feel sorry for these journalists.

Why are there so many articles "worried" about the DCCU ? Batman alone is such a big franchise, that DC would be fine if they only made Batman movies.

They are not worried about DC or BvS, the negative articles/videos are here because it's easier to get clicks from people who hate DC. they ignore the facts and keep going with what they want to believe, ignoring that BvS was just a teaser and compared it with trailers, ignoring that DCCU so far is just a one movie and compare tons of movie with one, ignoring that MCU started also with B-list hero and not on a high note and attacking SS for using less unknown villians, ignoring that WB changed the writer for BvS and got great a director and cast for SS..ect

Watch Movie Fight episode (ScreenJunkies /Honest Trailer guys) and you'll know that they don't care about been misinformed and even when corrected they immdritly ignore it and keep trolling DC. it's just what their viewer/readers want and easy way for more clicks.

I really do not understand this obsession with tone and why it pops up everywhere. Is there some hard and fast rule that all the films have to be the same tone, or tone dictates quality?

I would think people would be more open to films of different focus and themes. I for one don't like derivative shit that saturates the market and leads to genre fatigue. Nothing would turn me off more then seeing each film being the same as the other one.

Some reviews I had read of AoU (going to see it in a few hours) are starting to say they're tired of the quips every 5 seconds. I think it's a good thing the Russos are taking over Avengers 3. People also loved Daredevil, so why is there still shitslinging over this "this has to be this tone".

The "Superman isn't dramatic" or "Daredevil is grimdark so that's ok" doesn't fly with me. Kingdom Come is one of the best fucking Superman stories and it's one of the darker cape comic stories I've read.

ReiGun

The thing is everyone kind of ignores Green Lantern. It's by far the worst movie they've put out since Catwoman (even though it's not as bad as Catwoman), but it almost never comes into conversation. Though, I guess when you're complaining about DC films being too dark, you probably wouldn't bring up the movie that doesn't fit that narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom