• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
the narrative around fox was much like this too until dofp kind of shut everybody up, now it's no longer brought up in these discussions. if batman v superman and suicide squad are good (and honestly 'good' is a low bar now with the amount of generic franchises being well receieved) then we'll get less of these articles.

i just hope WB doesn't follow the easy-money and continues going their weird and unpredictable direction. punk joker, older batman, worshipped/feared superman, suicide squad etc. it sounds refreshing. hopefully they stick the landing.

ReiGun

The thing about WB going in these weird ass directions is they're doing it with mostly known quantities. They can have fun with Superman and Batman and Joker because they've been in the public eye for so long.

It'll be more interesting to see what they do with characters like Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Hearing Wonder Woman is going to be a period piece is already crazy. I'm interested to see what they're going to do with her rogues. Admittedly, they're not the most exciting group, but I think they have more potential as characters than they get credit for.

i know people want xena for hippolyta but i think angelina jolie would be such a huge 'get' for that role. it would reek of stunt casting but still serves as an awesome 'passing on the torch to the next action woman' kind of moment

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

i just hope WB doesn't follow the easy-money and continues going their weird and unpredictable direction. punk joker, older batman, worshipped/feared superman, suicide squad etc. it sounds refreshing. hopefully they stick the landing.

That Joker photo seems like just a troll move from the director and Leto
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/594216030790098945

look like the Joker on the leaked phone (white makeup and white suit) is the real joker look for the movie.

ReiGun

i know people want xena for hippolyta but i think angelina jolie would be such a huge 'get' for that role. it would reek of stunt casting but still serves as an awesome 'passing on the torch to the next action woman' kind of moment

Either one would be great, but I think they'd sooner get Lawless than Jolie. Linda Carter should appear for a Stan Lee-esque cameo. lol

My biggest wants are Charles Dance for Ares and Kerry Washington for Etta Candy (or maybe Phillipus if she had to be an Amazon). If either one happens, I'd be ecstatic.

Either one would be great, but I think they'd sooner get Lawless than Jolie. Linda Carter should appear for a Stan Lee-esque cameo. lol

My biggest wants are Charles Dance for Ares and Kerry Washington for Etta Candy (or maybe Phillipus if she had to be an Amazon). If either one happens, I'd be ecstatic.

I couldn't see Dance doing a very physical role with fight scenes

linda carter cameo's gotta happen. charles dance would be dope but if they want to go for younger maybe somebody like javier bardem or eric bana?

man that would be crazy if the joker picture was a troll. i'm still hoping they go for some of the tattoos and make him kind of a punk. but it would be hilarious if it was a psyche move.

ReiGun

I couldn't see Dance doing a very physical role with fight scenes

That's what CG and stunt doubles are for. Ares in fight mode tends to be pretty armored up with his face hidden:

Ares_003.jpg

673269-002.jpg

So fight scenes would pretty much just be like Spader as Ultron.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

I want Christina Hendricks as Big Barda and Andy Serkis as the talking tiger
I want that the talking tiger is no more RIP
:(

Dance would be so good. Dude just has that voice. On the subject of Game of Thrones, the guy who plays Bolton has a fantastic voice too. Same with Mark Strong. Too bad he was wasted in Green Lantern already.

the narrative around fox was much like this too until dofp kind of shut everybody up, now it's no longer brought up in these discussions. if batman v superman and suicide squad are good (and honestly 'good' is a low bar now with the amount of generic franchises being well receieved) then we'll get less of these articles.

It's really that simple. But a lot of people would rather believe that the world is full of Marvel fanboys who have it out for anything DC-related. (Yes, of course such people exist, but I honestly don't think they're a significant factor in the negativity and skepticism currently directed at the DCCU.)

Effect

I was going to say Avatar and Avengers, but they were more middling doubters and concerns about mainstream appeal (lolz whedon sucks). This film is racking up almost daily articles - a year from release - with not so thinly veiled rants that the films shit and everythings wrong with it. Its pretty crazy.

f8U8YKf.png

I have to wonder what scares these people so much. It has to be irrational fear to trigger this responses when they have nothing but a teaser trailer and some images from set to go on. That or it's purely clickbate and they don't believe anything they're saying.

I have to wonder what scares these people so much. It has to be irrational fear to trigger this responses when they have nothing but a teaser trailer and some images from set to go on.

It's more likely the fact that they can't think of anything else to write and an article about these films will get them clicks.

Linda Carter for Athena. I'd cry legit tears.

ReiGun

Keeping the GoT train rolling, Lena Headly gotta get in this somehow. I'd say Cheetah or Strife. Or, if they wanna go with some "cast Brian Cranston cause he already played a bad bald man"-tier casting, she could be DC's evil woman named Circe.

Depending on how she looks as a blonde, Maisie Williams as Wonder Girl.

I want Christina Hendricks as Big Barda and Andy Serkis as the talking tiger
I want that the talking tiger is no more RIP
:(
You'll get your tiger in Shazam.

Dance would be so good. Dude just has that voice. On the subject of Game of Thrones, the guy who plays Bolton has a fantastic voice too. Same with Mark Strong. Too bad he was wasted in Green Lantern already.

Michael McElhatton would be a great Ares too. Or maybe even Hades.

As for Mark Strong, I say fuck it. Keep him as Sinestro. Dude deserves another go round.

Linda Carter for Athena. I'd cry legit tears.
Dassit, mane.

Imagine a scene where she hands the lasso to a bowing Gal Gadot and is all "Now, go. Go and bring peace and truth to the world of man" or something to that effect. Would instantly be a top tier superhero movie moment.

Keeping the GoT train rolling, Lena Headly gotta get in this somehow. I'd say Cheetah or Strife. Or, if they wanna go with some "cast Brian Cranston cause he already played a bad bald man"-tier casting, she could be DC's evil woman named Circe.

I could see Headly as Circe. It would be a blast to watch her play it as a mischievous, trickster sorceress.

Loxley

I have to wonder what scares these people so much. It has to be irrational fear to trigger this responses when they have nothing but a teaser trailer and some images from set to go on.

That or it's purely clickbate
and they don't believe anything they're saying.

2trY0e5.gif

a916

Which is kind of strange considering here are the movies that (from the same publisher but not the same continuity) lead up to DOFP and BVS

Fox:
The Wolverine
X-Men: First Class
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
X-Men: The Last Stand

Warner Bros:
Man of Steel
Dark Knight Rises
Green Lantern
Watchmen
Dark Knight

We're questioning Warner Bros/DC track record because Fox is some how untouchable?... what?

I never read the comic, but Batman vs Superman sounds horrible, how would Batman have any chance against Superman. But maybe the film is not about Batman fighting superman..anyone care to explain what this movie is all about?

I never read the comic, but Batman vs Superman sounds horrible, how would Batman have any chance against Superman. But maybe the film is not about Batman fighting superman..anyone care to explain what this movie is all about?

Batman does fight Superman, but the conflict takes the form of a dance-off at the peak of the third act.

ReiGun

We don't know. The movie isn't out yet.

yeah makes sense as batman would never stand a chance against Superman. one punch and batman is dead.

This actually gets a callout in the big musical number in act 2. The citizens of Gotham are rising up against Superman's 2-stepping goons (the guys with the Superman patches on their arm in the trailer), and one of the lines goes something like "One punch from our God and your big bad goes boom."

It's all very emotional.

Lots of impressive dance choreography, too.

3N16MA

Banned

If you look really closely at Nolan's TDK trilogy you will notice Superman in the background in all three films. He has been tracking Batman for the past 10 years and has obsessed over him.

Superman is basically a stalker and when Batman finds out he decides to confront him and they fight.

Guys, I really wanna update that OP, but I don't have the time to do it.

Is anyone interested in giving it a go? Does it even matter?

Honestly? Probably not. It's a community thread, nobody is going to read the OP.

If you did want to make a few minor updates, I'd just throw in the gif of Battfleck standing up under the rubble from the teaser, the boxing-style posters, and Wondy in the cloak.

Penguin

Guys, I really wanna update that OP, but I don't have the time to do it.

Is anyone interested in giving it a go? Does it even matter?

I try to update OP's for something like this every few months.

We can give you a hand.

I know it seems like no one reads em, but always a good resource to point people towards if they wanna get caught up.

Just post a FAQ on how Supes and Batman fight to get the most asked question out of the way.

Honestly, a selection of pages from various fights might be a better way of handling it, just to show various ways it might go.

I wish I could find the pages that go over the fight in New Frontier, that's probably my favorite :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom