• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it, that's two fight scenes with humans in powered suits. They could say Batman gets that suit off Lex first to fight superman, and then Lex don's it himself near the end but whats the point? Especially if Doomsday is in play.

I feel like with so little being known about this film, and so little leaking from set pics stories are literally being pulled from asses. Remember homeless mohawk lex with tattoo's?

Effect

As much as I would love to see that, seems weird for a first appearance.

Warner Bros hasn't been slow or conservative in what they're doing with these films though from what we've seen so far. We have to look at things with that in mind. WB clearly feels they don't need a slow build up. I don't disagree with that thought either.

DaveH

Umberto Gonzalez recently shared on a podcast his "confirmation" of the secondary physical villain and used the analogy of Tarkin and Vader... as two separate entities and the commander versus the muscle. This rumor would tend to cut against that with Tarkin also being the muscle.

What's interesting about that is in the same podcast, Gonzalez shared the frustration that "scoopers" like him have with Warner Brothers doing parallel development and "bake offs" between multiple scripts. Saying that scoopers can't discern if the information that they're getting is from the actual final script, one of the parallel scripts, etc.

Add to that the fact that for major productions with an element of secrecy, production is often given fake / false scripts in order to get the same results but without giving away plot points... it might be interesting to see if the DCCU is marginally more spoiler-proof than other films.

I'd love to see Luthor in his war suit but I'm surprised we're getting into it so early. Wonder if it's kryptonian tech.
If Doomsday is from Zod's corpse it makes sense that Luthor would make his suit from Kryptonian tech alongside creating Doomsday. Plus it gives something for Batman to realistically fight.

Just saw Mad Max, I think Batman is in safe hands with Junkie. I also think Shazam would be a good fit for Miller, something heavy stylized like Max would fit well with Shazam, which to me has always been a very "cartoony" property, plus I think awesome absurdness in the movie like the
guitar playing warboy in Mad Max
would be a good fit in a story with concepts like Tawky Tawny. Out of all the movies, Shazam should be the most over the top. Like I said before, Miller should have the option to do what he wants next.

E3LpkVl.png

3uWolsQ.png

Penguin

We've really died down after the teaser released, which is kind of funny in hindsight.

I dig the comic book callback with both of those pieces of art.

DaveH

We've really died down after the teaser released, which is kind of funny in hindsight.
Why? You can only realistically maintain a newscycle for so long. That's why I think it's crazy people want info now, when all the impact is going to be lost by the time the film comes out.

Showing stuff early is a double-edged sword. It can inoculate audiences so that they talk themselves out and are used to confronting things and have their expectations lowered before going in and seeing it... but it can also serve as a foundation for some people to set their positions in stone and just be toxic for months on end leading up until the film. The smallest thing can be blown out of proportion especially if it can be politicized.

If anything, the level of security around this film shows the stature with which they're treating it.

I dig the comic book callback with both of those pieces of art.

I'm still excited for comic con but E3 is eclipsing it. It pains me to say it but we're still 10 months away from the movie. I'm about ready to drop out of the Suicide Squad threads because of how much is leaking. I still want to see Doomsday and the Justice League designs but I'm going to drop out on BvS threads too once we get to TV spots and all that. Hell I kind of regret watching AoU's trailers, the Hulkbuster was the highlight of that movie.

Penguin

I'm still excited for comic con but E3 is eclipsing it. It pains me to say it but we're still 10 months away from the movie. I'm about ready to drop out of the Suicide Squad threads because of how much is leaking. I still want to see Doomsday and the Justice League designs but I'm going to drop out on BvS threads too once we get to TV spots and all that. Hell I kind of regret watching AoU's trailers, the Hulkbuster was the highlight of that movie.

Oh I get that

It's a weird lieu

Movie is wrapped... so not much for set photos... and most things are no longer rumors... just leaks...

We need a project to keep the dream alive though!

3N16MA

Banned
Batman_Vs_Superman3.jpg

SvsB%20superman%20vs%20Batman%20kicks%20ddfd.jpg

Because we got a teaser (and talked about it a lot) and it's still 9 month away and WB refuse to even release official character posters so we really have nothing to talk about.

We have lots to talk about. Matt Damon looking Jessie Eisenberg and burritos named after superheroes.

Penguin

Something to discuss, kind of expected

Spoilers for WW

In #BatmanvSuperman, Wonder Woman is old. Very old. How old? In the movie there are pictures of her that date HUNDREDS OF YEARS!

ReiGun

Something to discuss, kind of expected

Spoilers for WW

In #BatmanvSuperman, Wonder Woman is old. Very old. How old? In the movie there are pictures of her that date HUNDREDS OF YEARS!

Hmmmm

Well, the Amazon are (or were, rather) immortals. Plus, they're going with the daughter of Zeus origin for Diana, so she's half god. So yeah. That shakes out.

My biggest hope with WW as far as origins go is that they stick with her new 52 origin instead of the clay origin. I like the idea of her being part of the Greek Pantheon and the family issues she has, I think it would be excellent writing to have Strife, Hera, Apollo and other Greek Gods responsible for conflicts in history with Wonder Woman seeking to make peace and right wrongs done to mortals. That's probably what they were aiming to do with the Crimean War backdrop.

Hmmmm

Well, the Amazon are (or were, rather) immortals. Plus, they're going with the daughter of Zeus origin for Diana, so she's half god. So yeah. That shakes out.

inc kryptonian origin

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
After how Mad Max (best movie of the year so far imho) bombed I hope WB learn their lesson and push BvS a with massive marketing campaign before its release. they should copy from Universal, as the marketing campaign for Furious 7 was insane in the three months before the movie hit the cinemas.

After how Mad Max (best movie of the year so far imho) bombed I hope WB learn their lesson and push BvS a with massive marketing campaign before its release. they should copy from Universal, as the marketing campaign for Furious 7 was insane in the three months before the movie hit the cinemas.

Did it bomb? Last I heard it was doing okay.

Still early to call it a bomb. It won't be a blockbuster in any traditional sense, but it isn't hurting that bad.

But yes, WB needs to learn how to market a God damn movie.

But it didn't bomb.

Ahasverus

Marketing for MM was crazy. That the movie looked unappealing (It's a though sell on trailers alone) is a thing, but the marketing was very good. That's why it didn't super bomob ala John Carter. Desert films are box office poison.

Maddocks

Still watch that teaser trailer and still gives me goosebumps.

But on to mad max, need to see it still tomorrow is the day. Been really busy all week so had to keep on putting it off till tomorrow. Can't wait because I'm big mad max fan and will always love the series, I mean even to this day I ask my friends who runs barter town. Somethings will never change.

Weren't people bowing at WB's feet because of their American Sniper marketing?

yeah and also mad max's marketing was incredible. it's just not the type of film that vibes well with modern audiences (bunch of lames). but yeah whoever did the work on the ads really needs to be used more. fucking editing on those trailers was impeccable.

Frog-fu

Banned
Watched a clip of TDKR today and I just can't stand the look of the old Batsuit now I've seen the new one, especially the cowl. Batfleck's suit is so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom