• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collider said:
Single-handedly designed and fabricated in near complete seclusion by The Batman, this infamous pursuit and capture vehicle has earned its reputation as the apex predator on the mean streets of Gotham City. Over powered with an unmatched hybrid of prototype military and civilian performance technologies, this top machine has been estimated to reach speeds of up to 205 MPH. The Batmobile’s imposing defense capabilities, supported by stolen Wayne Industries technologies, have been integrated with the latest in covert military grade armaments, stealth and active protection systems.
Facts:
– Twin .50 caliber retractable machine gun turret
– Fully armored
– Stealth-capable
– Active Protection Systems/Anti-ballistics
– 20 ft. long/12 ft. wide
– 7000 lbs. of American Pride
- CANYONEROOOOO
couldn't help myself

DaveH

I though that the people that leaked stuff would get caught but he showed his face.
Not how that works.

When you leak you can be "prosecuted" three ways: 1. Breach of contract; 2. Tort / Civil; 3. Blacklisting.

When leakers ask to be anonymous it is because they are under contract- either an employment contract or NDA- that obligates them to not leak materials or suffer punishment that they agree do by signing the contract and accepting work / payment that gives them access to confidential materials.

Someone like Umberto is not under contract to protect information, but instead he entices people to break their contracts. He pays them, or hooks them up, or compromises them until they tell him their secrets, which puts them in breach, but so long as Umberto never gives up his source, arguably no one will find out. Umberto can be sued for causing economic damage or enticing people to break their contracts, but it's a tough case to prevail on because there are laws protecting journalists and proving damages can be tough. Nonetheless the studio is sometimes forced to sue simply to make an example out of someone, even if they don't anticipate prevailing the legal costs of defending oneself is still a tax.

Lastly, most studios engage in horse-trading with journalists, agreeing to provide exclusives if the journalist will hold off on a story so they can control their marketing campaigns, etc. If someone leaks too much without first communicating with the studio, they can get blacklisted and it may limit their access to future events, stories, and employees (if there's a studio-wide alert: "Meet with so and so and you're fired").

Most journalists / studios play ball... if they don't, it doesn't really cost the studio that much money to put private investigators on your ass 24/7 until they identify the leaks... so there's a polite push and pull. If a journalist goes too far- like publishing an unreleased blockbuster's script- you can expect them to more or less be done.

J10

Banned
Pretty sure it was Devin Faraci who first broke the news of the villain for BvS when he talked about reading the script some months ago. And then Umberto followed up and reconfirmed it.

ryan299

Pretty sure it was Devin Faraci who first broke the news of the villain for BvS when he talked about reading the script some months ago. And then Umberto followed up and reconfirmed it.

You're right. Funny thing was Devin said it in like January or February and nobody picked up on it until Umberto brought it up last month. weird

Hi-Res Stuff
js5tGkM.jpg

eIcEvba.jpg

puJQgwq.jpg

gXhTlI3.jpg

73nFEFQ.jpg
Good lord that Bat Suit looks insane.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Still disappointed they didn't go white eyes on the bat suit. Seriously, it's not so hard to white out his pupils, say he has contacts in which allow him digital imaging like we always see in the comics.

Beyond that, Wondy's heels, and Supes' awkward non-belt, these costumes are on-fucking-point.

DaveH

I like how the synopsis for the fuckin' CAR is longer than the synopsis for the movie.
It's for licensing mainly... and you can sell merchandise on a tangible car more easily than the vagaries of a plot.

Just for some perspective, here are some past official synopses, all vague, short, and many containing misdirects or outright errors!:

The Phantom Menace said:
Two Jedi Knights escape a hostile blockade to find allies and come across a young boy who may bring balance to the Force, but the long dormant Sith resurface to reclaim their old glory.

Days of Future Past said:
The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST. The beloved characters from the original “X-Men” film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from “X-Men: First Class,” in an epic battle that must change the past – to save our future.

Age of ultron said:
Marvel Studios presents “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to the Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

The first official "synopsis" for MOS released for licensing was just, "A young itinerant worker is forced to confront his secret extraterrestrial heritage when Earth is invaded by members of his race." Ironically, the later synopsis included errors like saying Clark was a journalist...

The Man of Steel said:
In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone’s imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question – Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as “Superman,” not only to shine as the world’s last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.

At least for now, less is more?

DaveH

I still think the doors on the Batmobile flipping up is stupid. The doors should open like this. [snip]Disappearing Door[/snip]

Nah.

The disappearing door is over-designing for a non-existent problem while introducing a whole host of problems on its own. There's far less to foul-up with a piece of metal on a hinge- than doors that need to move on motorized precision rails- for a vehicle that's apparently expecting to undergo attack.

Despite loving the Nolan films I never had any love for the Tumbler, mainly due to its shape. Looks ugly imo. This Batmobile is the perfect blend of the '89 Batmobile and the Tumbler. Its great.

Nah.

The disappearing door is over-designing for a non-existent problem while introducing a whole host of problems on its own. There's far less to foul-up with a piece of metal on a hinge- than doors that need to move on motorized precision rails- for a vehicle that's apparently expecting to undergo attack.

It is a problem if Batman ever intends to open the Hatch while the Batmobile is moving the door will be ripped right off.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New art from El Mayimbe
wv6EOe3.png

uYCfI4n.png

I dunno, it looks like they wanted to go with the hand drawn graffiti aesthetic, but it looks too polished.

And it looks like they're really taking the criticisms of Man of Steel to heart. "Superman destroyed Metropolis!"

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Well, Superman himself said he want to fight Doomsday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TW5_LKsZv8

also that open pod from MoS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES3hPv_Dmgk

Umberto Gonzales, the guy that leaked stuff about super heroes movies is on one of the amc movie talk show.

I though that the people that leaked stuff would get caught but he showed his face.

John Campea in panic mode and it wasn't about Gal Gadot this time.

I thought it was clear that there was gonna be a real "bad" dude as the villain that will have them work together to beat and show to the world and Batman that Superman is needed and Wonder Woman will not be there to to kick Bats or Supes.

Also, Campea need to know that Darkseid is/should be the real challenge for the entire JL.

Effect

John Campea in panic mode and it wasn't about Gal Gadot this time.

I thought it was clear that there was gonna be a real "bad" dude as the villain that will have them work together to beat and show to the world and Batman that Superman is needed and Wonder Woman will not be there to to kick Bats or Supes.

Also, Campea need to know that Darkseid is/should be the real challenge for the entire JL.

Campea always thinks he knows best and tries to present himself like he does. If you don't agree with what he says a lot of times he keeps trying to hammer the point he's trying to make in the hopes those around him change their mind and follow him. He was trying to here with this. That's what his Gal Gadot hate felt like and the thing I liked is that no one fell for it. He appeared to constantly get push back on it or those around him on AMC didn't fall for his bait and he was the only one constantly attacking her. It actually devolved into insults. It was straight up uncomfortable for a while there whenever he tried to comment on her because of he was doing it. I like to think he was called on it by higher ups (he does answer to some people) because he just stopped what he was doing in regard to her and drastically changed how he spoke about her even if he kept disagreeing with the casting choice. It's really a night and day change.

He must seriously be mistaking Doomsday. Doomsday is the perfect villain to throwaway in the second act. It's good to see people discussing possibilities rather than comparing to Marvel and ranting about tone that seems to draw in clicks.

DaveH

Is HH just drawing these himself now to create news?
Yeah, they're pretty obviously remixes of the art we've already seen... doesn't mean the remix couldn't be officially created, but it does give the feel of either fan art or something solicited.

This is the first thing since the launch that he hasn't watermarked and I wonder if that's because the source is more suspect.

Still neat to look at.

It's been a dry well, I consider it a blessing because squad was leaking too much for me.

I just hope we get a lot of new projects besides the movie like a YJ-style cartoon show for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom