• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
SDCC can't come soon enough

We've all died down here

I guess we didn't have 3 years of waiting in us
The trailer killed a lot of the wait for us.

A tiny part of me almost wants to just go on blackout at this point, but I'm too interested in seeing how the photography looks.

Being moved to community definitely took any and all wind out of us.

Comic con is gonna be the real deal.

First full blown trailer for sure.

It'll very much be worthy of the Rocky and Apollo hugging gif.

The first trailer will bring this thread back from the dead.

I don't know. He sounds nerfed as fuck if Waller or Luthor is keeping him in a Tank.

Depends on what the tank is made out of and what he's being suspended in. I envisioned Aquaman as being MCU Hulk strength + more under water. Diana apparently can't fly (yet) so they'll probably both be around the same level, maybe Diana more agile and skilled while Aquaman is slightly stronger (something like flashpoint versions). Superman and Shazam should be at top tier, with Superman having more experience and skill. I wonder how strong they'll make Black Adam. For some reason I think the Rock is going to be a real powerhouse.

So what are some of your favorite Batman/Superman moments? Whether fighting each other or being the SBFFs?

Their introduction to each other
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90nxOlsm1s

Depends on what the tank is made out of and what he's being suspended in. I envisioned Aquaman as being MCU Hulk strength + more under water. Diana apparently can't fly (yet) so they'll probably both be around the same level, maybe Diana more agile and skilled while Aquaman is slightly stronger (something like flashpoint versions). Superman and Shazam should be at top tier, with Superman having more experience and skill. I wonder how strong they'll make Black Adam. For some reason I think the Rock is going to be a real powerhouse.

If Aquaman isn't any stronger than MCU Hulk they're doing Aquaman a disservice. WW needs to be at least as impressive as Faora.

tumblr_lgbh3p5xDl1qf3o27o1_500.jpg

Like I said before I hope we see some power growth similar to the Flash TV show. The hypest things are when Barry pulls a new power out. I want this by the end of the DCU:

Morrison's JLA was at the perfect power level.

So what are some of your favorite Batman/Superman moments? Whether fighting each other or being the SBFFs?
They are not exactly Batman/ Superman moments, but Superman is refering to Batman.

T1DyI1G.png

jDhcZlt.jpg

I really want Superman to say the sentence of the second picture.

Also, I want gods in Wonder Woman's film to look like humans, like the greek gods, not like the new 52 gods.

Simo

To the surprise of nobody right?
19022923885_678f0e53bd_o.jpg

I'm going to have to grab Batman and likely Supes. Regretted not going through with my order for the MOS figure.

Simo

Oh thanks for that

Clearly, don't follow the toy industry.

Sorry about that! Hot Toys produces some of the best 1/6 scale collectible figures on the market and have covered the Burton movies and Nolan trilogy along with Man of Steel but generally any major license from Marvel to Star Wars they cover. They also went nuts and released scale versions of the Tumbler, Bat-Pod and Burton Batmobile too.

Few examples of their stuff..

Shit..they're totally going to do the new Batmobile aren't they?!

3N16MA

Banned
Those look really nice. They're likely to be very expensive I bet too.

I don't expect them to be less than any of their current figures so $200+ easily.

I first found out about Hot Toys back in 08 when they did the Mark III and Joker from TDK. Those figures go for a lot more now but I have never purchased a single one.

The only Hot Toys figure I have is the Man of Steel Superman. If I was rich I'd most definitely have alot more by now. But I'm in for BvS Batman and probably whatever else they make for the movie.

a916

Eisenberg on Lex Luthor:

The expectations that I have are never the same expectations that an audience has,” says Eisenberg. “I don’t have expectations for myself to adhere to a comic book character, but a lot of people are interested in how I would coincide with the comic book character. But it couldn’t be farther from my mind, because I’m just playing a role.

It’s a really great character that’s written by this guy, Chris Terrio, he’s a phenomenal writer… He loves my character in the same way I love my character. He put a lot of work into it. It’s a great character, there’s an emotional core to the character. It’s not this silly, villainous character. This is a real depiction of a person who thinks these things. So the challenge is to make it seem real.

Cabrera_homer_9-17-13.gif

As All Star Superman demonstrates, I think Lex doesn't see himself as a villain. He truly believes in what he is doing and he has conviction. He legitimately thinks the world would be a better place without Superman.

inm8num2

Snyder's a beast - one can appreciate that a director who is incredibly demanding of his actors' physical fitness and commitment to roles is in that kind of shape.

Busty

Banned
As All Star Superman demonstrates, I think Lex doesn't see himself as a villain. He truly believes in what he is doing and he has conviction. He legitimately thinks the world would be a better place without Superman.

The key to writing, and understanding, a good antagonist is the idea that they believe that they are the hero and the protagonist is the enemy.

Lazy writers will just have a villain doing bad deeds so that the hero has something to do, however what they should be thinking is what is the motivation for wanting such destruction?

If you can articulate the 'why' of a villain's actions and not just the 'how' then you'll have a deeper and more compelling story for it.

Apparently some BvS and Squad footage shown at Film Festival

Seems likely we'll get a trailer cut for Squad too at comic con. I imagine it will be joker.

The key to writing, and understanding, a good antagonist is the idea that they believe that they are the hero and the protagonist is the enemy.

Lazy writers will just have a villain doing bad deeds so that the hero has something to do, however what they should be thinking is what is the motivation for wanting such destruction?

If you can articulate the 'why' of a villain's actions and not just the 'how' then you'll have a deeper and more compelling story for it.

I think Lex could pitch a decent argument, he could paint Kryptonians as warlike after Zod & co, and draw comparisons between the two.

So a guy on imbd supposedly leaked the whole plot (with some people confirming it) and.. it sounds great? pretty great imo. read here

Read this a few days ago and I like it alot, and hope that its true regardless of the fact that that means the whole movie is spoilt for me. According to this,
Aquaman has a surprisingly large role
which make it seem unlikely, but
more Aquaman
is always welcome imo.

Simo

Hmm later on in that thread somebody points out and links to where the synopsis was posted and deemed fake back in December last year though.

It does sound good but maybe too good to be true?

DaveH

So a guy on imbd supposedly leaked the whole plot (with some people confirming it) and.. it sounds great? pretty great imo. read here
Sorry, it's a fake treatment based on an assembly of rumors. I'm hesitant to raise all the glitches only to find them incorporated in a new version of the fan fic down the road; but let me raise two obvious errors / omissions:

1) Smallville & Diane Lane.
2) Zod was plainly killed in a train / bus station NOT a museum; plus the death occurred in a still standing / active part of Metropolis... in a town already suffering an infrastructure hit, it would be insane to convert a barely damaged transportation hub into a museum.

Ahasverus

Sorry, it's a fake treatment based on an assembly of rumors. I'm hesitant to raise all the glitches only to find them incorporated in a new version of the fan fic down the road; but let me raise two obvious errors / omissions:

1) Smallville & Diane Lane.
2) Zod was plainly killed in a train / bus station NOT a museum; plus the death occurred in a still standing / active part of Metropolis... in a town already suffering an infrastructure hit, it would be insane to convert a barely damaged transportation hub into a museum.
I dunno, it would be very Lex Luthor-ish to rebuld the train station as a memorial museum, it writes itself really.

DaveH

I dunno, it would be very Lex Luthor-ish to rebuld the train station as a memorial museum, it writes itself really.
"Rebuild" what? It was barely damaged. A skylight, one column, one wall. For public transportation. Such minor remodeling wouldn't warrant turning over a public building to a private person to "rebuild"... what would actually happen is some scaffolds go up around the column, the wall, and under the skylight... and life goes on... a few months later the scaffolds come down and you'd never know the station was hit. The damage wouldn't be around "3-years later" (the alleged time frame of this fundraiser).

You wouldn't need a fundraiser to repair such low-level damage (heck, it would be a tone-deaf insult to run a fundraiser for that after the other damage to the city) three years later and you wouldn't run a fundraiser to take a working public transport away from the people to make it into a museum.

That's even giving the writer the benefit of the doubt that they knew Zod died in a station to begin with... much much more likely, the hack that put this together saw alabaster stone columns and just assumed the station was a museum and so their treatment reads as such.

The fan fic leans heavily on the badassdigest outline but forgets about a bunch of scenes we know have been shot from paparazzi set photos (or heck, even a few scenes from the teaser). I'm not going to enumerate them because we're going to just get a revision of the fan fic will all those accounted for suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom