• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

"Rebuild" what? It was barely damaged. A skylight, one column, one wall. For public transportation. Such minor remodeling wouldn't warrant turning over a public building to a private person to "rebuild"...
Rebuild as in "modify to mock Superman" this might be fake yes, but this is not the thing that debunks it.

DaveH

Rebuild as in "modify to mock Superman" this might be fake yes, but this is not the thing that debunks it.
Sure it is. There's no convincing, logical, or realistic narrative where a rich man asks for an already functional, useful, repaired, government-owned building to be taken over by him and made less functional, useful, wastefully rebuilt, and privately-owned purely to mock the city's hero for which funding has already erected a monument in his honor for.

It doesn't make sense.

Instead, what's clearly happened is that the fan fic writer mashed up and confused the set photo rumors about the real world Eli & Edythe Broad Art Museum with a confused understanding of where Zod's death took place and tried to conflate the two... turning the station into a museum when, in-story, the fundraiser isn't at a museum and Zod's death wasn't at a museum, but because it's a museum in real life, the writer had it on the brain.

All I'd say is a memorial monument is one thing, but with whatever damage Metropolis suffered, it's a stretch to divert funds towards an middle finger. I will give you this, though, it has the potential for a compelling scene in the hands of a non-hack to show Luthor's charisma and ability to seduce.

If everyone is pragmatic and putting money properly into infrastructure and repairs that could account for a shortage of funds for the arts... so Luthor could reasonably attempt to raise funds and awareness for the things that feed human soul... and if he get a variation of Superman's "dreams save us" speech that would be interesting.

All of that is plausible... but NOT the conversion of a working public transport into a museum.

Dead

well not really...yet
That outline seems plausible, but then you realize it's literally just put together from rumors and existing leaks

Might time for me to exit this thread like sqwad. We should define this thread as spoiler and DCU thread as (mostly) spoiler free. Trouble is distinguishing what's a big spoiler and what's a teaser.

IconGrist

I like it but it's really just a slapping together of all the rumors we've heard. And the more "what the hell?" stuff we saw in the teaser is completely ignored. Like the soldiers with the S patch kneeling before Superman.

Simo

The Hollywood Reporter had a little blurb about Comic Con and BvS today:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-801895?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Comic-Con is just around the corner, so The Hollywood Reporter has compiled a list of film panels that will rock San Diego this year. Marvel and Paramount won't be attending, but there should still be plenty of hot news, cool footage and big stars heading to the Con, with Hunger Games making its final appearance and Warner Bros. preparing a big presentation for Saturday.

Warner Bros.
TBA, Hall H
The studio is expected to go very big once again this year, even eclipsing its mega-screen presentation last year. Expect stars of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice to take the stage along with the stars of Suicide Squad.

SDCC is releasing the schedule day for day now so Saturday's panels will be posted this Saturday and give a idea of the duration and what will make up WB's panel excluding surprises. For example, last year's WB panel was 2 hours showcasingJupiter Ascending, Mad Max: Fury Road and The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies with of course BvS having a small surprise showing at the beginning.

Another thing to look forward to is either next week or Comic Con week, Entertainment Weekly will have their annual Comic Con issue with likely BvS as the cover story.

Maddocks

The fire rises. Hype is now rebuilding.

Can't wait for comic con. Going to be hell reading all the news and not seeing any footage unless its from a hidden cell phone.

Penguin

The Hollywood Reporter had a little blurb about Comic Con and BvS today:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-801895?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

SDCC is releasing the schedule day for day now so Saturday's panels will be posted this Saturday and give a idea of the duration and what will make up WB's panel excluding surprises. For example, last year's WB panel was 2 hours showcasingJupiter Ascending, Mad Max: Fury Road and The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies with of course BvS having a small surprise showing at the beginning.

Another thing to look forward to is either next week or Comic Con week, Entertainment Weekly will have their annual Comic Con issue with likely BvS as the cover story.

One of the Twitter scoopers said EW's SDCC cover will be Deadpool.

Simo

One of the Twitter scoopers said EW's SDCC cover will be Deadpool.

Hmm I see the tweet now. I guess we'll wait and see but I was expecting BvS especially since WB owns Entertainment Weekly too. lol They do put out 2 Comic Con issues though, like last year was AOU on one cover and then Mad Max on another.

it begins...

funko-bvs.jpg

a916

Mother of god... Tyrese might actually be John Stewart....

“I took the oath. I had a meeting at Warner Bros. and certain things were said and talked about,” he revealed. Asked about possible Comic-Con plans, he responded, “You never know. I might be there on the other side of an announcement.”

The fire rises. Hype is now rebuilding.

Can't wait for comic con. Going to be hell reading all the news and not seeing any footage unless its from a hidden cell phone.

That's how it starts... the fever... the rage...

I never got the appeal for these toys.... they look hideous

Different strokes for different folks I guess

It's a cutesy representation of pop culture characters. They sell like crazy at my work, and not just for the hardcore fans, the more casual fan loves them too. Each to get into, relatively cheap, and again, cute.

Not for everyone though.

Not the most flattering images but I've never been disappointed by the Movie Masters Line in person. That batman is as good a mine. I'll mod the shit out of it. Looks like I'll have to if those mismatched eyes get past QC. The Supes is very Travolta but a head swap from the last figure will fix that.

Not the most flattering images but I've never been disappointed by the Movie Masters Line in person. That batman is as good a mine. I'll mod the shit out of it. Looks like I'll have to if those mismatched eyes get past QC. The Supes is very Travolta but a head swap from the last figure will fix that.

Dunno if they're the Movie Masters line, though they most likely are.

Maybe they're not a QC problem.

Maybe he's giving you the stinkeye.

All o_0

Dunno if they're the Movie Masters line, though they most likely are.

The Supes is mostly reusing moulds from the MOS movie Masters. The boots, square belt and head are new.

yilhP5O.jpg

Here's my MOS MM with my custom cape for comparison. It the final product is anything like this I'll be a happy little modder.

It's a cutesy representation of pop culture characters. They sell like crazy at my work, and not just for the hardcore fans, the more casual fan loves them too. Each to get into, relatively cheap, and again, cute.

Not for everyone though.

The appeal of the Funkos is that they're a) kinda cute (in an ugly sort of way), and b) cheap AF compared to most other statues/figures.

I see, I guess it's just not for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom