• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

3 daya to go. Hold me.

WB and the BvS panel isn't until Saturday though. :p

I like this manip that surfaced today.
CJMi4-QUkAA5cH1.jpg

There was a Man of Steel myths video about how many people Superman saved. I added it to my watch later tab and finally got around to it a few minutes ago. About half way in I noticed on the sidebar for recommended videos there was a video titled "A Thesis on Man of Steel". It basically covers how the entire movie is almost 1:1 with a child's birth starting from the ejaculation to finally "Welcome to the Planet". Really interesting although judging by the comments just as divisive as the movie itself.

I don't agree with his assessment that the movie displays genius film making on the part of both Snyder and Goyer but there are some interesting concepts shown. I recommend a watch. Beware though, it is roughly 40 minutes in length.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

Just watched it. A tad boring, but the guy made a ton of great points. Worth watching if you like the movie.

I'm just way too hyped for BvS.

I always hope someone more articulate than I will post a thread deconstructing the Superman character with various references to educate the "Superman is boring" peeps.

Surely you mean reconstructing?

Because if they were deconstructing it, they'd be proving the "superman is boring" (or even worse, "superman is actively bad") crowd right.

ReiGun

I always hope someone more articulate than I will post a thread deconstructing the Superman character with various references to educate the "Superman is boring" peeps.

I thought about making a "Superman Love" thread a few days ago. Not to prove the haters wrong - cause who gives a shit - but just because I thought it might be fun. Maybe I'll get on that.

Plus the vast majority who hate Superman have never read a Superman comic in their life.

This is true. I find that most of the "x character is boring" people are people who arent all too familiar with the character in the first place.

Anyway, I cant fucking wait for Comic-Con. I'll be stuck at home hitting refresh over and over during the DC panel. Hope we non attendees get some footage.

This is true. I find that most of the "x character is boring" people are people who arent all too familiar with the character in the first place.

Anyway, I cant fucking wait for Comic-Con. I'll be stuck at home hitting refresh over and over during the DC panel. Hope we non attendees get some footage.

Seconded in all respects.

I wonder if we'll get the rumored photo of the League in their outfits...although tbh the latest rumors (fake or not) suggest that the ending for BvS is equivalent to Iron Man style post credits.

DaveH

Man of Steel isn't all about commenting on our contemporary condition, but it is part of the film and it does seem to be part of BvS... what I mean, is that in MOS, Jonathan fears his son being received with intolerance and condemnation because that's the world we live in and that's how the film was received, in part... and BvS seems to have at least, in part, a "preemptive" reprisal as one of its themes (Batman blitzing Supes for MOS, like some are attacking an unseen film for MOS). I don't think this is the thrust of either film (the primary point- like it tried to be with Sucker Punch), but I'm curious whether filmgoers will accept (or even recognize) a film that judges them.

Penguin

Random query, but anyone who attended the teaser screening, have you heard anything from Warner since?

Like just a general e-mail acknowledging it or something?

a916

The things I've heard about this movie (from the official sources like Cavil/Affleck/Snyder) makes me think that, while this could totally fail in execution, but damn they are aiming damn high with this movie. All the reasoning, everything about it, character motivations and such... everything about it has been overwhelmingly positive to hear about.

So apparently Comic Con will be DC's to lose, ignoring Fox's offering for now, as Disney/Lucasfilm reportedly won't be showing a new trailer or footage from The Force Awakens:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/06/star-wars-comic-con-panel

So we're all in agreement if something leaks from WB's panel we're to download, mirror and share amongst us here in the Community right?!

Happened last year, so I expect the same this year. I still have a phone cam recording of last year's DC showing.

Penguin

So apparently Comic Con will be DC's to lose, ignoring Fox's offering for now, as Disney/Lucasfilm reportedly won't be showing a new trailer or footage from The Force Awakens:

So we're all in agreement if something leaks from WB's panel we're to download, mirror and share amongst us here in the Community right?!

Ouch, I guess still get to meet all these folks and stuff, but seems so mean to not have even new clips

That's pretty disappointing but it's not unexpected given the fan celebration was 2 months ago. This doesn't make WB's panel automatically better for me, just the whole show less hype.

Penguin

It's 2015... they need to start livestreaming that.

It's mostly down to the organization, and I get their thinking.

It will be less tempting for people to go (And pay an enormous amount of money) if some of the content is available from the comfort of your home.

I do think... they should look into a delay. Maybe like a month later

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
late but will share my thought... to be honest with you guys, the EW kryptonite confirmation slightly dropped my hype for this movie.

For me it was the first bad news I heard about this movie, and thought (and hoped) that Zack will not go in that road especially since we have a weakness for Supes (Kryptonian_atmosphere). I really hate kryptonite, it's just a lazy way to make Superman useless. :(

IconGrist

late but will share my thought... to be honest with you guys, the EW kryptonite confirmation slightly dropped my hype for this movie.

For me it was the first bad news I heard about this movie, and thought (and hoped) that Zack will not go in that road especially since we have a weakness for Supes (Kryptonian_atmosphere). I really hate kryptonite, it's just a lazy way to make Superman useless. :(

If it makes you feel better Snyder doesn't like Kryptonite either.

Although rumors suggest
that Kryptonite in this universe is synthetic. Created on Earth by Lex using information gained about Superman's biology from Zod's corpse. Sounds a bit better than random rocks from Krypton that followed Superman here.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

Although rumors suggest
that Kryptonite in this universe is synthetic. Created on Earth by Lex using information gained about Superman's biology from Zod's corpse. Sounds a bit better than random rocks from Krypton that followed Superman here.

Dunno how I feel about the spoiler even, but it beats actual pieces of krypton, since everything in MoS suggests that such a thing is physically impossible.

guek

Banned

Although rumors suggest
Kind of a catch 22.
Kryptonite should be rare but space rocks are a bit silly in such a stern and austere setting. Being able to create kryptonite however makes it too convenient for my taste. I loved how the computer synthesizing Kryptonite in Superman III was such a big deal for example.

Kind of a catch 22.
Kryptonite should be rare but space rocks are a bit silly in such a stern and austere setting. Being able to create kryptonite however makes it too convenient for my taste. I loved how the computer synthesizing Kryptonite in Superman III was such a big deal for example.

It depends on
how hard it is to synthesize and what it's made out of. I suppose it will still be rare. My preferred Superman fighting method for street level people is still magic, though that has never been Batman's thing and I think squad will be handling that anyway. I'll be cool with this kryptonite if it isn't lethal but drains his power (but he's still like golden age strength). I really hated how it was handled in returns.

Rooster12

Plus the vast majority who hate Superman have never read a Superman comic in their life.

He is still a tad boring in his own comics. It's his supporting cast, the city if Metropolis and the crazy stories and villains that brings everything to life. Plus Superman has so many iconic and classic stories that it makes his comics definitely worth reading.

It's funny how no one ever mentions how godawfully boring Batman is in his own Arkham games. Most of his dialogue are watered down to "I'll take you down", "I'm gonna stop you [insert villain name]". Just awful writing. Makes me think the people who wrote the game never read a Batman comic in their lives.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Dunno how I feel about the spoiler even, but it beats actual pieces of krypton, since everything in MoS suggests that such a thing is physically impossible.

Not at all, I posted something similar to this in this or one of the other topics, I forget where.

They mention in MoS that Kryptonians were harvesting their own planet to use as an energy source, this is what leads to the core going unstable and exploding. That energy source is present in all of their technology, including what is currently on earth across all their ships, some which weren't totally destroyed by the end of the film. We also see this technology is harmful to Superman in MoS. The drone on the ship attacks and cuts into Clarks skin quite early on and they specifically do a close up of it, later an energy weapon is used on him that throws him into a car and leaves him weakened for a moment when we have seen him chucked into a number of things and it barely affects him.

IconGrist

Not at all, I posted something similar to this in this or one of the other topics, I forget where.

They mention in MoS that Kryptonians were harvesting their own planet to use as an energy source, this is what leads to the core going unstable and exploding. That energy source is present in all of their technology, including what is currently on earth across all their ships, some which weren't totally destroyed by the end of the film. We also see this technology is harmful to Superman in MoS. The drone on the ship attacks and cuts into Clarks skin quite early on and they specifically do a close up of it, later an energy weapon is used on him that throws him into a car and leaves him weakened for a moment when we have seen him chucked into a number of things and it barely affects him.

The drone hurts him but I don't think it makes him bleed (heh!). I rewatched that scene a few times when this was brought up before. It definitely tears his sleeve but I don't recall seeing blood. The energy blast from that ship's cannon does put him on his ass for a minute though. I don't even remember seeing blood when he was drained from the World Engine fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom