• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackdoe

the model they use for the costume display is the perfect batman. i hope in the sequels they lean out the suit more to look like that. he looks a lot puffier in the trailer picture and the EW photo.
Isn't the display costume the actual costume from the film? They just need to lean out Ben Affleck.

What the hell is this?

CJbwGJXUsAADk7K.jpg

It's not obvious to you? It's what's underneath the cowl.

At the throat- the two pads of a throat mic that connects to the voice modulator.
Flip down white-eyes detective mode lenses like the arkham game. The lenses are hidden if the furled brow pocket of the outer casing.

Rather that single piece (Batman 89-Begins), or helmet (TDK and TDKR), the cowl is two pieces a helmet covered with a soft malleable material. Which allows it to maintain it's shape, form and function but giving it that uniform one-piece look while allowing Ben to look around.

jackdoe

At the throat- the two pads of a throat mic that connects to the voice modulator.
Flip down white-eyes detective mode lenses like the arkham game. The lenses are hidden if the furled brow pocket of the outer casing.
The real question is if it's under the normal cowl or the amored cowl. It looks like it can fit under either, but I'm going to assume that if it's under his normal cowl, we'll know about it on Saturday as I can see the white eyes as being a money shot for the trailer.

Actually, all those figures looks like shit. The best ones are that Superman/Batman 2 pack. These others, yeesh. Hopefully they're just early prototypes and will be refined before launch.

I'm sure they're artist mock ups/WIP models. We got a little while before they're available to sell.

I'm guessing grapple gun on the right?.

No it's the one the Left it has the Grapple attached to it and the folded grapple below it.

Also featured
-Bat Shark Repellent
-Bat Grenade
-Bat Slash Bang
-Single Fluke Batarangs
-Bladed Batarangs

Edit- I think the one on the left is a Line Launcher, the one on the right is the Grapple

Bat suit looks great, but the manequin doesn't look like Affleck's build from what little footage we've seen. Look a little slimmer and not as bulky in the chest.

DaveH

I did like her in Knight and Day though
https://vid.me/dM7H
I think I saw that movie on a flight once... but nice clip! It's short but Gadot shows a good amount of authority and confidence and really subtle range. I'm sure she's only gotten better since then.

Definitely enough for BvS and probably enough for Jenkins to work with.

The trick is not keeping her in warrior bitchy-resting-face-mode 24/7 (like she tended to be in the non-cheesecake FF clips) but letting her play this kind of character some... and from what little we've seen, so far, it seems that's exactly what they're doing. Diana dancing and exiting limos... not just BAMF all-the-time.

Rather that single piece (Batman 89-Begins), or helmet (TDK and TDKR), the cowl is two pieces a helmet covered with a soft malleable material. Which allows it to maintain it's shape, form and function but giving it that uniform one-piece look while allowing Ben to look around.

I'm so down.

Batman is going to kick Superman in the chin, isn't he.
Shit. I'm starting to get nervous for when we finally see this guy in action.

Snyder is gonna blow everyones expectations away.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Looks like the armor goes over his regular suit.

This look pure awesome and badass.

but Why they have a full sized version of the Bat-armor, in the movie it'll be CGI in the movie just like Zod Armor in MoS, so why making one.. a very detailed one too?... it's too much effort if it's just for Comic-Con.

but Why they have a full sized version of the Bat-armor, in the movie it'll be CGI in the movie just like Zod Armor in MoS, so why making one.. a very detailed one too?... it's too much effort if it's just for Comic-Con.

It's for all the con's, PR and investor meetings.

Dead

well not really...yet

it seems like a real suit in the trailer

The Armor is Practical in the movie... It's not metal, but real. It's not a Kryptonian CG Armor Job like in MoS

Isn't the display costume the actual costume from the film? They just need to lean out Ben Affleck.

he doesn't look that chubby in real life though. yet in the film's shots he seems kinda padded out like a michelin man. i think the display model is the GOAT batman, whether it's affleck, or the suit he actually wears, one of them has to slim down a bit.

like the display superman looks exactly as Cavill does so no complaints there.

some earlier rumors say that he has drones like KC, that's the semi-retired part. Where did you hear that though, from IMDB/Reddit leak or is there a picture somewhere?

Where did you hear this?

The set photos. Apparently this coincides with the EW article about
Alfred and Bruce talking around a burned out fireplace about a preemptive strike against Superman

http://40.media.tumblr.com/69b5da54719b095e063f4cbed1e34d1e/tumblr_nn1eul9qfP1rs2uhvo8_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/d0f63a20a528c58b5c54cbeda0cedd0e/tumblr_nn1eul9qfP1rs2uhvo9_1280.jpg

The set photos. Apparently this coincides with the EW article about
Alfred and Bruce talking around a burned out fireplace about a preemptive strike against Superman

http://40.media.tumblr.com/69b5da54719b095e063f4cbed1e34d1e/tumblr_nn1eul9qfP1rs2uhvo8_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/d0f63a20a528c58b5c54cbeda0cedd0e/tumblr_nn1eul9qfP1rs2uhvo9_1280.jpg

Neat, that correlates with a lot of rumors. 1 more day is too long ;_;.

Is anyone stalking the Rock? I need to know if he's at comic con.

edit: Damn, looks like he's shooting another movie right now.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
They make such a cute pair... Flashpoint hint!

(Not really just wanna be one of those leap of logic folks!)

in for a psychopath mass murderer Wonder Woman in this universe...it'll also explain why they didn't cast Billy Batson yet... ;_;

Everyone should watch The Flashpoint Paradox, that movie was pure awesome.

The Armor is Practical in the movie... It's not metal, but real. It's not a Kryptonian CG Armor Job like in MoS

wow really? so like Faora armor in MOS. :O

Ben is 6'4" and Henry is 6'1"

DCEU chart

Black Adam 6' 5" (1.96 m)
Batman 6' 4" (1.92 m)
Cyborg 6' 3" (1.91 m)
Rick Flagg 6' 2" (1.89 m)
Killer Croc 6' 2" (1.88 m)
Dead Shot 6' 2" (1.88 m)
Captain Boomerang 6' 1" (1.85 m)
Superman 6' 1" (1.85 m)
The Flash 5' 11" (1.80 m)
Wonder Woman 5' 10" (1.78 m)
The Joker 5' 9" (1.75 m)
Enchantress 5' 8" (1.73 m)
Harley Quinn 5' 6" (1.68 m)

It was weird because Faora actually had her armor instead of CG.

mos-new-52-batman-vs-superman-top-10-ben-affleck-batman-image-manips-jpeg-62780.jpg

Wonder what you guys think of this?

I didn't like it at first, but the more I sat and pondered on it, the more it grew on me.

Never been a fan of the tighter neck. Don't like the belt. Kiss curl is fan service rather than a costume change.

It feels like the New52 look they were pushing which just seemed like change for the sake of it. Not an organic evolution of the costume.

I like the neck part and the red belt the most, don't care for the extra lines.

I like the design of JRJR's superman, can't say I care for how he draws faces or body proportions though. Don't care for half glove things either.

Agreed about the red around his waist, although sprinkle some gold in there. Also the s-shield should be nice and big. I personally like the cape being connected to the shield but that isn't a requirement.

a916

So Geoff Johns is apparently helping Ben Affleck write, and is directing, the standalone Batman flick

If there's anyone who knows a crap ton of DC, he's one of them. He seems to have his fingerprints in everything DC... the bad and the good.

Geoff Johns gets some flak but he's my favorite modern DC writer. The best thing I can say about him is that he's consistent. He might not be revolutionary like other writers but I think his DC knowledge is top notch and he's got a lot of interesting ideas and he's really good at world building.

That being said, he was involved in some part of GL so that brings some doubt, and his Batman isn't usually written how batfans like, he isn't afraid of putting Batman "in his place" in the League rather than Morrison's Batgod.
Which I really don't mind, Batfans are obnoxious
.However his work on TV has been excellent so I think this is a good news.

If there's anyone who knows a crap ton of DC, he's one of them. He seems to have his fingerprints in everything DC... the bad and the good.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I'm digging the hell out of Affleck directing (not that I ever really expected anything else), but... I'm less certain about Johns involvement. He's done some good stuff, but it's not exactly consistent. Also, he's apparently got a huge thing for the Silver Age, so the further away he stays the better my boy Jaime's odds are.

Not that they're great now.

Geoff Johns gets some flak but he's my favorite modern DC writer. The best thing I can say about him is that he's consistent. He might not be revolutionary like other writers but I think his DC knowledge is top notch and he's got a lot of interesting ideas and he's really good at world building.

That being said, he was involved in some part of GL so that brings some doubt, and his Batman isn't usually written how batfans like, he isn't afraid of putting Batman "in his place" in the League rather than Morrison's Batgod.
Which I really don't mind, Batfans are obnoxious
.However his work on TV has been excellent so I think this is a good news.

Dude, Grant Morrison is a modern DC writer.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I'm digging the hell out of Affleck directing (not that I ever really expected anything else), but... I'm less certain about Johns involvement. He's done some good stuff, but it's not exactly consistent. Also, he's apparently got a huge thing for the Silver Age, so the further away he stays the better my boy Jaime's odds are.

Not that they're great now.

Dude, Grant Morrison is a modern DC writer.

Modern I consider new 52 onwards. Morrison does have have better writing "highs" in DC but he's more inconsistent for me. Plus he isn't writing any DC ongoings, just multiversity :(.

Geoff Johns just has an extremely large selection of work I enjoy and is somewhat qualified with his TV work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom