• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster12

Superman's always one of my favorite superheroes but I tend to be ambivalent about his rogues gallery aside from Lex because of how alien (Darkseid, Brainiac) or goofy his villains can be (Toyman, Bizarro)... but MOS made me actually find Zod interesting, so I'm open to unexpected villains.

I think Supes has one of the best rogue galleries in all of comics.

And there was the Prankster before Lex.

Rooster12

Justice League should go
Brainiac>Darkseid>Injustice League/League of Doom>Darkseid>Anti-Monitor

Disagree. I think Brainiac should be a Superman villain in a standalone film.

I want it to be like:

Martians > Secret Society > Darkseid > Injustice League > Megaddon

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That's propably the case.

She's going to give a very good perfomance if she has been offered two times a part. Also, she looks very much like Wonder Woman. If you want, I can post again the comparison I have made.

Haven't seen it so sure. I just hope she gets to do this at one point:

tumblr_lyaclfZZlk1qdj4i3o1_500.gif

Penguin

I want it to be like:

But I made Brainiac a villain in the standalone Superman movie.. later on

No reason why he couldn't be reused

I want it to be like:

I think Martians, Secret Society and Injustice League would be very similar. I want to see an evil team against the Justice League, but only one time. I wouldn't mind the Crime Syndicate.

Here it is:
gHRXF0ol.jpg

Also, that move is very good. Even if it's not in the movie, I'm sure that Wonder Woman will have some great moves, Snyder can direct action scenes very well.

Do you think Doomsday is going to be a good villain (if he is the villain of the movie)? I have read Superman: Doomed, but he was all like 'I just want to kill'. I don't know if there are stories where he's a better villain, though.

I really don't think he'll be in the movie longer than 10 minutes and have any significant part other than being something the trinity fights together and tries to contain from doing any damage. I expect it to be a direct response to the damage in man of steel. Luthor will be the real villain.

Superman revenge squad

3511073-22-23.jpg

I'd be perfectly down for that. Metallo + Parasite would be interesting. Bizzaro hardly needs an origin and Lex will already be established.

190 days to go!

:(

Was just listening to some MoS tracks (like every other day). What are your favorite tracks?

Mine are Flight and Arcade. Flight is just perfect for Supes and Arcade is possibly the most epic piece of music ever. I hope BvS soundtrack will be just as good if not better.

I like this Zodd mix.

I'm guessing we'll get WW's theme in addition to Bats & Supes. Wonder if we'll get a league theme as well for the ending :p. I'm guessing the league theme will be a medley of the new 52 7.

I really don't think he'll be in the movie longer than 10 minutes and have any significant part other than being something the trinity fights together and tries to contain from doing any damage. I expect it to be a direct response to the damage in man of steel. Luthor will be the real villain.

Luthor will pull the strings propably, but I think Doomsday will be like Loki's army in the Avengers. They will fight him and after that, they get to Luthor. However, I don't know how much time they can spent on the Doomsday fight, because they have to introduce Batman, Wonder Woman, Luthor, Superman and Batman will fight etc.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I think Martians, Secret Society and Injustice League would be very similar. I want to see an evil team against the Justice League, but only one time. I wouldn't mind the Crime Syndicate.

Yeah that would be great, I just hope WB isn't going to pull the same shit as Marvel and have the JL fight an army of mindless robots/whatever. At a certain point that is just boring (see AoU). I'm all for them kicking ass, but that shouldn't be a recurring thing and certainly not the high point of the movie(s). Crime Syndicate would be great.

Here it is:

Also, that move is very good. Even if it's not in the movie, I'm sure that Wonder Woman will have some great moves, Snyder can direct action scenes very well.

Yeah she looks great.

And I have no doubt the action scenes will be great, I have yet to see a cbm that is just as good in the action department as MoS was. That was some next-level shit.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

In the trailer we see Batman just getting out in time before the blast hits that watertower (or whatever it was), Wonder Woman and then that huge explosion, Supes flying and using his lasers...I think that is all from the Doomsday fight so he'll probably be in it for at least 15 minutes.

I like this Zodd mix.

I'm guessing we'll get WW's theme in addition to Bats & Supes. Wonder if we'll get a league theme as well for the ending :p. I'm guessing the league theme will be a medley of the new 52 7.

Yeah Zimmer said he'll be doing a theme for each JL member so we'll definitely get a WW theme. And the Flash and Aquaman will also be in the movie so...might get theirs as well? In Zimmer we trust.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Do you think Doomsday is going to be a good villain (if he is the villain of the movie)? I have read Superman: Doomed, but he was all like 'I just want to kill'. I don't know if there are stories where he's a better villain, though.

He's not there to be a thought-provoking rival. He's there to give Superman (and Batman/Wonder Woman) something to hit and physically overcome. That was the whole reason behind his creation - to create a physical force to fight (and kill) Superman. No different than the Chitauri in Avengers, etc. Lex is the real "villain" of the movie.

Loxley

He's not there to be a thought-provoking rival. He's there to give Superman (and Batman/Wonder Woman) something to hit and physically overcome. That was the whole reason behind his creation - to create a physical force to fight (and kill) Superman. No different than the Chitauri in Avengers, etc. Lex is the real "villain" of the movie.

Yep. Doomsday won't be this deeply developed antagonist, he'll be there to provide a big action set-piece for the film's third act.

Honestly, I prefer to think of him as an extension of Lex than a villain in and of himself. Gives him the muscle, the physical threat he would otherwise lack.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yep. Doomsday won't be this deeply developed antagonist, he'll be there to provide a big action set-piece for the film's third act.

Yeah, I'm not expecting Lex to get into a big green suit of armor yet. Gotta have something for these guys to fight.

Also, shared this in the DCEU thread.

CPI4jjkWoAAYmrO.jpg:large

Effect

That is still one of my favorite Wonder Woman fights. I really if not BvS I hope we get to see a fight similar to that in the Wonder Woman film or Justice League. Hell if they do go in the direction of Darkseid and we get the Furies I'd be happy if they just lifted that fight from Superman/Batman: Apocalypse wholesale. Scene for scene.

Shaanyboi

Banned
That is still one of my favorite Wonder Woman fights. I really if not BvS I hope we get to see a fight similar to that in the Wonder Woman film or Justice League. Hell if they do go in the direction of Darkseid and we get the Furies I'd be happy if they just lifted that fight from Superman/Batman: Apocalypse wholesale. Scene for scene.
Oh my god, a live-action Wonder Woman vs. Furies fight? I didn't even occur to me that that was a possibility. Oh shit... Get Barda in on that and I'll be super fucking happy.

guek

Banned
I really want a warworld movie for either the League, GL or Superman.
MY MAN.

Everyone wants Darkseid but I dunno, he's never interested me all that much. The comparisons with Thanos are also going to unfortunately be inevitable. I suppose they could make him really, really dark and ominous to differentiate him. Marvel's done a bit of a poor job in that regard with Thanos but with how little we've seen him, he could turn out any number of ways as well.

At the end of the day, I'd much prefer Mongul over Darkseid

MY MAN.

Everyone wants Darkseid but I dunno, he's never interested me all that much. The comparisons with Thanos are also going to unfortunately be inevitable. I suppose they could make him really, really dark and ominous to differentiate him. Marvel's done a bit of a poor job in that regard with Thanos but with how little we've seen him, he could turn out any number of ways as well.

At the end of the day, I'd much prefer Mongul over Darkseid

I had this idea for how you could really sell Darkseid by making a couple of tweaks to Brainiac, but the short version is that most of the criticism around how Marvel's used Thanos is that they haven't. Used him, that is. He basically just sits his ass in his chair and shit happens around him. Have Darkseid's first appearance be something... monumental, and it'd work just fine.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just have Darkseid boomtube onto Earth and as he's stepping through, a fire pit opens and exlodes behind him.

End film.

I had this idea for how you could really sell Darkseid by making a couple of tweaks to Brainiac, but the short version is that most of the criticism around how Marvel's used Thanos is that they haven't. Used him, that is. He basically just sits his ass in his chair and shit happens around him. Have Darkseid's first appearance be something... monumental, and it'd work just fine.

Using Brainiac to measure Darkseid is great. Brainiac has a reputation of conquering and pillaging worlds, as told by Green Lantern. We end up learning only Apokolips scares off Brainiac. You wonder who is strong enough to force Brainiac to retreat out of fear, all while the JL hardly keep up with him.

Shaanyboi

Banned
At some point, I want a Final Crisis Darkseid minus all of Morrison's insane-ass multiverse Supermen, 5th Dimension nonsense. The core problem of that story, Darkseid is on Earth, has solved the Anti-Life Equation, and is spreading it like a virus, enslaving humanity and its heroes, absorbing them into this monolithic hivemind for Darkseid. The villains who have agreed to submit to Darkseid are the only ones unaffected, and everyone that's left is on the run from literally everyone else on the planet. That's a fucking cool conflict. If you strip Final Crisis down to this desperate zombie invasion story, that'd be fucking awesome.

As cliche as it is, I'd love the Worf effect for Darkseid. Tears apart Mongul or Brainiac after they beat the league (though I want the league to have some symbolic victory). But yeah Mongul and Darkseid are very familiar so I have a hard time seeing them using both without one of them changing a bit. They'll probably budge on Mongul more.

As cliche as it is, I'd love the Worf effect for Darkseid. Tears apart Mongul or Brainiac after they beat the league (though I want the league to have some symbolic victory). But yeah Mongul and Darkseid are very familiar so I have a hard time seeing them using both without one of them changing a bit. They'll probably budge on Mongul more.

Ok, so I gotta post my Brainiac idea, 'cause I honestly think it'd be perfect for this:

Make Brainiac a Von Neumann probe. There's not one of him, there's millions. The league puts one of him down after a hell of a fight, and while he's going he brags about how the rest of him is converging on a world whose technology will allow him to ascend to godhood, that he'll be back, and this victory is purely temporary. Cut to a fleet of Brainiac ships surrounding a planet with giant columns of fire spewing from it. Suddenly, a cloud seems to emerge from them, from every pore of the planet, and as it grows it becomes clear that it's not a cloud, it's billions upon billions of winged... things. Battle is joined, and several Brainiac ships are torn apart in moments. They take a terrible toll, but the Parademons just keep coming, endlessly. We finally get a sense of scale as one is brought down, and this world is MASSIVE. A handful of ships escape the swarm, and aboard one we see what amounts to an innter dialogue as the various nodes converse. Suddenly a boom tube opens up, and a massive figure strides into the ship. Defenses that nearly totaled the League open up to no apparent effect. Brainiac begins screaming, and Darkseid... Darkseid laughs.

Roll credits.

I'd be down for that, I love the idea of seeing his parademons fight braniac's probes. Too often Darkseid is seen as a singular threat when he has this massive army at his disposal, I loved how that was highlighted in Earth 2's destruction. It also helps avoid the question of "why didn't Darkseid kill the League" if he does a "fight" and then a retreat.

Tabby

So, Booster Gold + Blue Beetle huh? Sounds like not aprt of the DCEU but who knows.

It's fine that Flarrow and DCEU aren't in the same universe but if this isn't in the DCEU then it's only going to get confusing.

We'll have DCEU, Flarrow, Justice League Dark, Shazam (?) and now this.

Like Metropolis AMIRITE

Goodbadflicks has a good dissection on Man of Steel

https://youtu.be/ONza8T0cBZ4?t=428

I've timestamped when he begins to talk about the film but the whole thing is a good watch.

It's a pretty good rebuttal of a lot of common complaints. I didn't take too many issues with the story myself, rather some of the presentation/scene transitions & dialogue. I really liked Zod as a villain and I liked we got an imperfect superman that has character development.

Max Landis (Chronicle, American Ultra) pitches his Man of Steel sequel (note: he hates Man of Steel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygWvAqvTrVI

Yeah I had heard this earlier, I don't care for it. He seems to be trying to up the edginess. Going by Faraci's reporting I think a lot of people are going to end up surprised when they go to see BvS, doubly so for Squad.

Penguin

Yeah I had heard this earlier, I don't care for it. He seems to be trying to up the edginess. Going by Faraci's reporting I think a lot of people are going to end up surprised when they go to see BvS, doubly so for Squad.

I know this is probably not the place, but can I just say that Devin is a complete and utter asshole.

I don't get how he gets such a large following, he is such a deplorable human.

He pretty much embodies the overzealous fanboy stereotype, but his track record is better than most reporters. I don't really read anything else by him because 9/10 times it's obnoxious. Such is the way of life though :(.

I know this is probably not the place, but can I just say that Devin is a complete and utter asshole.

I don't get how he gets such a large following, he is such a deplorable human.

I don't understand the following for a bunch of these people. I don't mind reading their nonsense, but some people take what they say as gospel. Speaking of which, Max Landis boggles my mind. Has he done anything to warrant the quickness people report his feelings on this stuff? I mean Chronicle is OK, but it's not amazing. Is he the kid of someone famous or something?

He pretty much embodies the overzealous fanboy stereotype, but his track record is better than most reporters. I don't really read anything else by him because 9/10 times it's obnoxious. Such is the way of life though :(.

While Devin comes across as an ass, I'll give him credit because his track record with rumors is more consistent than his peers.

Sambrez_

My bet would be before "In the heart of the sea" another WB movie.

I totally forgot that Vic Stone was also in the movie, there's no rumors for him.

inm8num2

In December I might be sitting in a movie theater and see a trailer for a movie featuring Batman and Superman before I watch a new SW movie that takes place after RotJ.

Neat!

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Out of the misgivings I've had with WB/DC recently, making me wait 3 years for this movie is by far the biggest transgression.

I've been waiting for a movie like this for a long, long time.

Yeah Star Wars for sure, last tent pole movie of the year, BvS isn't just a super hero movie, it's WB's new focus, their new Harry Potter. BvS feels like it's just zooming up quick on us now, after Star Wars which is like 2 months away, 3 months is a cakewalk.

Anyway, I'm curious if we'll hear anything at NYCC (beginning of next month). It seems like the perfect venue for some less flashy stuff like concept art and music samples or plot information. I'd also like to think we'll hear about Justice League Action with cartoon network announcing all their shows lately that was linked in penguin's thread (Scooby Doo and Wabbit). Might even hear about some video games, Suicide Squad is probably ready to be revealed, and if not here I'd think the VGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom