• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to spoil that... would they? (not that it wasn't long rumored)

It's probably all pulled up when he strolls in... as camo... then he rolls up the sleeves and it's ass whooping time.

In totally unrelated news... or related?... Marvel shuffles it's dates before DC is looking to make some sort of a push at NYCC... Does Marvel know that DC has planted some new dates?

I was wondering about that with the rumored Batman in Fall of 2018.. since they originally had a movie set for then.. I think Captain Marvel. Pushed that back but put nothing in its place

Glass

K0vOZiX.jpg

UKGAF get in 'ere

Hell yeah, a few months ago I even caught some random channel showing all the episodes.

Effect

Gotta try to put those Wonder Woman images together as a wallpaper. They're beautiful. If someone knows if someone already having done it feel free to link it.

Given the name, I would think it's all but confirmed. My guess? It's a vision that Wonder Woman sees which encourages her to intervene.

My crackpot theory based on some past rumors:

Superman intervenes in Khandaq (based on this, they're totally going to use a fictional middle eastern country so why not Khandaq or Bialya?), possibly to stop the missile launch (or was it save astronauts?) as seen in the trailer. This causes an international incident, which causes the court hearing as seen in the trailer. Bruce sees this on the news, has knightmare sequence with soldiers in post apocalyptic world. This is all in the beginning of the movie.

The question is whether or not the kneeling soldiers are in the dream or not. I like to think they think Superman is Black Adam because of some hieroglyphs or holy scriptures, and the soldiers take his symbol for their cause. This causes Batman to think Superman is controlling these soldiers as well. It could totally work without the Khandaq/Black Adam references anyways.

Man, this wait has gone on so long it's almost starting to lose meaning.

One day the movie will come out, and then all the threads will likely revolve around something as stupid as the collateral damage in MoS.

Everything looks perfect though. Can not wait to finally see this movie.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Given the name, I would think it's all but confirmed. My guess? It's a vision that Wonder Woman sees which encourages her to intervene.

I recall hearing that reason being rumored. Seems the most likely reason for her involvement.

But from day 1, there was no way in fucking hell that that sequence was going to be a natural direction for the plot to actually go.

Ahasverus

Man, this wait has gone on so long it's almost starting to lose meaning.

One day the movie will come out, and then all the threads will likely revolve around something as stupid as the collateral damage in MoS.

Everything looks perfect though. Can not wait to finally see this movie.
I agree, The Hype train was in full steam in june and then.. this kind of empty feeling, like I'm tired already, it's been 3 fucking years, just release it and be done with it,

Whats weird is that its been the typical break for a sequel, but still felt reaaaallly long. The wait between TDK and TDKR was a year longer for example

Ahasverus

Whats weird is that its been the typical break for a sequel, but still felt reaaaallly long. The wait between TDK and TDKR was a year longer for example
Not that it was easier. Also TDKR wasn't announced thag early. I think it's the typical early video game announcement feeling.

Well, the good thing is that while we have been waiting 3 years for this, it also comes with along with a new movie every 6 months basically.

Between DCCU, MCU, and now a steady stream of Star Wars, the days of waiting for shit will be put behind us : D

for all the hype Snyder gets for his trailers I still think TDK and TDKR had the best out of all these comic book movies (aside from the Superman Returns teaser).

the music in this for example..god damn. as the dark knight theme...rises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

edit: man of steel teaser with the kevin costner/crowe voiceovers and gandalf music was pretty tight too. always gotta give props to WB's marketing department.

Welp, this comic con was a flop as a DC fan. I like the marketing campaign but there was barely anything there unless you're a fan of Dark Knight Returns.

Yea a little disappointed there was nothing, but I kinda expected it. At least we got those sick concept pics and that Batman pic from like a year ago.

BadAss2961

for all the hype Snyder gets for his trailers I still think TDK and TDKR had the best out of all these comic book movies (aside from the Superman Returns teaser).

the music in this for example..god damn. as the dark knight theme...rises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

edit: man of steel teaser with the kevin costner/crowe voiceovers and gandalf music was pretty tight too. always gotta give props to WB's marketing department.
The best TDKR trailer was the Nokia.

Nolan fucked up not getting that theme in the movie.

Penguin

Why does Superman look angry in that pic?

And while disappointed there wasn't more BvS at New York Comic Con, I'm happy that the LexCorp stuff started, if nothing else it means that marketing is about to ramp up for the movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom