• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

It's a weird place to be in because they don't wanna get caught in the Star Wars afterglow... again

April was just a bunch of "See how happy Star Wars is and how cynical this is" articles.

But at the same time, this weird start/stop with marketing has just been strange.

I feel like could do something with LexCorp to build on the momentum of that.

Or introduce Wayne Enterprise like that article above.

It's a weird place to be in because they don't wanna get caught in the Star Wars afterglow... again

April was just a bunch of "See how happy Star Wars is and how cynical this is" articles.

But at the same time, this weird start/stop with marketing has just been strange.

I feel like could do something with LexCorp to build on the momentum of that.

Or introduce Wayne Enterprise like that article above.

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of, it's pointless to do anything at this point because star wars is less than 2 months away. Just do some fun reveals/ARG, no need to pull out the big guns yet. That and I don't want the whole movie in trailers before I even go see it in march.

We should atleast have an idea of who's playing Hal or John soon. If the movies shoot back to back for JL and spring is when it starts filming, I'd hope WB has atleast narrowed down the candidates by now.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe there is no GL yet? Would be interesting to have some JL members longer on the job like Batman, Flash, Superman (sort of), Aquaman (?) and others who have not yet put on their costume like GL, Cyborg and Wonder Woman (?). Would make for an interesting dynamic between the experienced and the newbies. Batman leading them all of course.

Do you guys think we'll get a Hall of Justice or the Watchtower in space? I want the watchtower.

I want to see Flash at some point.
Yeah, I want this, too.
Do you guys think we'll get a Hall of Justice or the Watchtower in space? I want the watchtower.

I think we will get it. The league needs headquarters and the Watchtower is a very good way to differentiate the league from the Avengers. They both have headquartes, but a Watchtower is very different than a skyscraper. However, I think the chances are to see Batman (did he create the Watchtower?) in Batman v Superman make a nod to the Watchtower or to headquarters and see it in the Justice League movie.

Maybe there is no GL yet? Would be interesting to have some JL members longer on the job like Batman, Flash, Superman (sort of), Aquaman (?) and others who have not yet put on their costume like GL, Cyborg and Wonder Woman (?). Would make for an interesting dynamic between the experienced and the newbies. Batman leading them all of course.

Watch Tower has to happen, it's too cool to not happen. It's a defining part of the league.

So far we know

The league is formed at the end of BvS, so the founding members are probably just the Trinity instead of the usual 7 we get

I'm guessing if Hal (or another GL) and Billy are on the team, they won't show up until part 2, as to not over saturate the first film. But since shooting is happening back to back for both films, they'll have the parts casted already. I'm mostly guessing this because the lineup they've been pushing since new 52 have been everyone announced on the slate, and it would just seem odd to not have everyone announced on the slate that has a movie be on the Justice League, hence the no dates for Sandman, JLD, Booster Gold when the slate is announced.

Alternatively, Black Adam could serve as the link between the Justice League movie and Shazam, especially since he's already been casted so early.

Platy

Would be interesting if they try to call Black Adam to the Justice League ... and then they discover that is not every superpowered dude who works to be a hero =P

Amy talking about the movie

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-batman-833188

Five months before the much-anticipated release of Warner Bros.’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, one of its stars, Amy Adams, says is still waiting to see the movie, in which she returns to the role of Lois Lane that she played in 2013’s Man of Steel.
“I haven't seen anything of it, except what everybody's seen,” she said on Oct. 14. Speaking of the effects-heavy movies, she added: “They’re kind of hard “They're over the course of six months, so it's a lot of time dedication, but really, really fun.”
Asked to describe her favorite moment, she continued: “I can't give too much away, but I'm coming into a scene and Batman and Superman are both in the scene, so I can say that. And it was just fun. Because they had been working together for a couple weeks and just running it, seeing this dynamic. I'll talk about this when we're promoting the movie and we can tell more. But there were definitely funny moments involving bat-suits and such.”

Remember: No fun

a916

Latino Review reporting that BvS budget is at astronical levels.

We've also heard that Warner Bros is willing to drop a lot of money on Zack Snyder's vision for a Marvel-competitive DC cinematic universe.

Right now, "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice"s budget has ballooned to $410 million dollars. That means it is in the running for being the most expensive movie ever shot. The current record holder is "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,"

Busty

Banned

First it was that bollocks about Disney spending a BILLION on the Infinity Wars films and then this....,

I do not believe this for a second. I cannot see how a live action film like BvS could have a budget that would creep near Avatar's bonkers (some say
$500m
) budget. Hell, even the second most expensive film ever made, John Carter, at least had loads and loads of (pretty crappy) CGI and was heavily reshot.

Unless this film has been a disaster on a scale that would eclipse Battleship (still Universal's most expensive film ever apparently) I just can't see this being the case.

Why would the budget have ballooned this late in the game? The filming wrapped ages ago and the film has been rated. So i'm guessing the edits locked and they're just filling in CG effects, so where would this ballooning spending even be going?

Penguin

Scott what's his face on the movie

“This is the superhero film that is more grounded in reality than any of the other ones. It’s a comic book movie, yes, but it’s very, very grounded.”

Which I guess is in line with what others have said

Scott what's his face on the movie

Which I guess is in line with what others have said

I hope it means what they've been traditionally saying, that the universe is modeled around our world + what if Superman, heroes & magic appeared one day? Rather than everything being based on science and not so far fetched. I'll be the most disappointed person ever if "magic is science we don't understand!" in the DCEU.

Somehow I'm doubting this, but at the same time if there's a movie that they go big on, it would have to be this one. The whole reason the MCU gained so much steam was from having Ironman as their launchpad. While MoS is technically the beginning of the DCEU, most of the universe building was put in post production. This is the first real concentrated effort WB has put out. Despite people saying they're "rushing to Justice League", they've spent a long ass time planning this movie out.

If that number is true, I imagine it includes marketing, which hasn't really started yet.

a916

500M with marketing is something that I could believe. 500M on production alone? lolno.

This is what I'm guessing. They came out earlier and said they were going to spend an absurd amount of money marketing the DCEU. I can't find the original article but weren't they tossing around 1B yearly in marketing alone?

Sambrez_

Fake BvS poster inspired by the Star Wars one :

55c87da6f319c7ef26cfcb2069ef0d60.jpg

Though it looked cool, damn in two days there's gonna be 5 months left!

That picture makes Bats look fat. Like his cheeks are about to explode out of the cowl. Is it squished?
I like it.

Same message as before with WW on the front and center... though makes Superman look like has a massive... erection
He probably does. Gadot standing so close. Unf.

Sambrez_

Who do they hire to get these pics? They are awful. Affleck always looks huge in the wrong ways and the same with Cavill.

It's always the same pictures with just a few different angles and I hope that they're doing that so that they don't spoile anything. But a few pictures in action would be nice.

Penguin

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
@that second picture

That is just how people react when they are near Cavill. No acting required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom