• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

That's why you never see the term "DC-GAF". There's not enough of us here to be recognized, lol.

AhQr8Qn.gif

Ahasverus

It's funny because there are no Marvel heroes in the Top20 of most searched for costumes. And plenty of DC searches. I thought DC was irrelevant.

GAF really hates everything DC related.

We can't see it as unjustified hate until the film releases. People are passionately on the wrong side of history frequently. DC also has the unfortunate pedigree of having mega successful on screen interpretations of their characters that people don't like deviations from (and to DC's fault, they haven't tried to expand until now really). I don't think theres an overwhelming hatred of DC more like a contigent of topics GAF likes to discuss. Compare the 9 page OT for Thor 2 to the 87 page one for MOS or the 202 one for TDKR or the 14 page one for Iron Man 3 or the 38 page one for AOU (and sure throw the spoiler one in there too). There are topics people would rather discuss and so there doesn't seem like theres a hate train for Thor 2 because no-ones talking about it anyway.

It's funny because there are no Marvel heroes in the Top20 of most searched for costumes. And plenty of DC searches. I thought DC was irrelevant.

I think this just plays into the fantasy of dressing up as anti-heroes. Batman and Harley (and Joker) are fun escapist characters that are a little dark too. Marvel does well with good middle-of-the-road heroines. No-ones really going to be dressing up as Black Widow when her most pivotal scene in the last movie was whining about her infertitly are they? People want to be the sexually strong, independently crazy bad-ass that carries a studded bat. Thats escapism. I could see Joker and Harley as number 1 characters next Halloween (and we already have 1 this year).

IconGrist

We can't see it as unjustified hate until the film releases. People are passionately on the wrong side of history frequently. DC also has the unfortunate pedigree of having mega successful on screen interpretations of their characters that people don't like deviations from (and to DC's fault, they haven't tried to expand until now really). I don't think theres an overwhelming hatred of DC more like a contigent of topics GAF likes to discuss. Compare the 9 page OT for Thor 2 to the 87 page one for MOS or the 202 one for TDKR or the 14 page one for Iron Man 3 or the 38 page one for AOU (and sure throw the spoiler one in there too). There are topics people would rather discuss and so there doesn't seem like theres a hate train for Thor 2 because no-ones talking about it anyway.

People aren't talking about the Marvel movies because they are too busy in the DC ones shitting up the threads.

I'm not serious.

Imperial

So I guess the Supergirl/Gotham trailer rumor, as awesome as it sounded was BS. Maybe it'll be attached to The Force Awakens in December or the next Hunger Games film.

I'm happy the trailers didn't appear, I still think it's too early to start the marketing yet. I expect an onslaught starting in january.

As far as DC criticism goes, I wouldn't read too much into it. People are pessimistic by nature on the internet, casting threads are always full of hyperbole. People would rather spout off whatever comes to their mind right away rather than reserve judgement and see the portrayal as the director intended it.

In general I don't think people know the difference or care between the comic book companies. The situation was essentially flipped when The Dark Knight came out, bandwagoners will always have the most vocal opinions.

Its promo stuff, they won't obscure Smiths face for that kind of buzz. Kinda like how every poster and magazine cover for Iron Man and Captain America usually has them helmet-less.

About a week until WB holds their investor call + Blizzcon. Should be a fun week for me.

Hoping WB's lackluster year pushes them to report more on future projects.

So that whole Slade/TDK continuation thing brought up something I hadn't been thinking about.

So lets say we have Catwoman in Batman 1, barring a prequel Catwoman would typically be around mid 40s-50 with Batflek...
Which Idk just seems a bit weird for Catwoman.
However if you de-age her to around 35 then you get a 3-5year old at the time of Batman first starting up at 18-20 which is just weird all around(romance, character development and the fact that you have a 13-15 year Batman career before Catwoman shows up).

Im hoping either Catwoman is already a full ally in current times or Selina moved on to
Screen-Shot-2014-02-16-at-9.54.25-am.png.jpeg

ryan299

JoBlo has a source saying the solo Batman film is going to be a Red Hood film. Joker and Red Hood/Todd will be the villains and Nightwing, who they say is referenced but not seen in BvS, will be in the film helping Batman out.

WB wants an unknown for Red Hood.

Article
Video

Penguin

JoBlo has a source saying the solo Batman film is going to be a Red Hood film. Joker and Red Hood/Todd will be the villains and Nightwing, who they say is referenced but not seen in BvS, will be in the film helping Batman out.

WB wants an unknown for Red Hood.

Article
Video

I'm gonna hide my excitement until we start hearing more, but it really sounds like DC is taking some of their popular animated films and converting those into full length movies

I'm game

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna hide my excitement until we start hearing more, but it really sounds like DC is taking some of their popular animated films and converting those into full length movies

I'm game

This.

Man, the more I see of Leto...it is just to exciting. Didn't know him very well tbh, just from Dallas Buyers Club (which I thought was kinda boring but he was great). So just looking up some stuff, dude can transform...the hell with Fassbender and whatnot. This is the real deal:

12-insane-transformations-actors-underwent-for-roles-1.jpg

And from Jesus to this:

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide987817271mt8v0image.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.1mt8gv.png1430214315123.jpg-620x349.jpg

He's just gonna kill it. How many movies did he sign for you guys think?

He's just gonna kill it. How many movies did he sign for you guys think?

I believe he signed for 3. Suicide Squad, one solo Batman movie (Under the Red Hood?) and one more, probably a minor role in the second solo Batman movie. If the audience likes him, I think WB will contact Leto to sign for 1 or more probably 2 movies more. In my opinion these movies will be Suicide Squad movies, because we will get tired if every Batman movie has Joker.

LionPride

Banned
That whole ramblings of a mad man comprised of giant leaps in logic was weird. Like how can anyone think any of that would be reasonable to type out

Still thinking Doomsday just because of Zod's corpse being a plot point, Shannon being in the movie with flippers, and wide earlier reporting of it being Doomsday + Zod corpse way before the first trailer. That and it seems the easiest choice for WB to make considering how recognizable he is. I could also see it being Bizzaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom