• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to stir this whole pot again but I am surprised they didn't wig him for BVS while Affleck is wearing a wig. Chris Evans has had a wig for every Cap movie, no shame in it.

What little we've seen of Clark's hair is a fine length. Cavill could be a dead ringer for Bryne's Superman if they let it be. Never been into that tightly slicked look; not even in Alex Ross' art.

Loxley

I loved that the Funko Pop figure has the widow's peak too.

se3azEW.jpg

And for the record, I think Cavill's hair looks perfectly fine. Sure, the slicked-back style makes his receding hairline much more apparent, but he hasn't gone full Jude Law yet.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Obviously it's to show how he is just one of us!

No but seriously, I'm sure they'll give him a wig if/when needed. I'm surprised they gave Affleck one, didn't seem like he needed one but ohh well.

Penguin

A slightly updated synopsis that has potential "spoiler" but no brainer for most

“At long last, see Batman and Superman square off against each other in ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’, an epic superhero showdown which will change both their lives forever.

Clark Kent doesn’t trust Gotham’s mysterious masked vigilante. Bruce Wayne doesn’t trust the alien who nearly destroyed Metropolis. And Lex Luthor, who hates Superman more than anyone, is manipulating both of them for his own twisted ends.

Choose your side: the Man of Steel or the Dark Knight? Learn the answer to the age-old question - who would win? - in ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’.”

Penguin

Hot Wheels art

Which also confirms Eh Maybe's promo art release from a few months ago

And also more Wonder Woman stuff

That last one though...

CTZo_guVEAA6gQH.jpg:large

DaveH

It's also Snyder's process (in the same school as Kubrick), which is to shoot a ton as raw material and then shape it; versus someone like David Fincher, who has an exact idea of what he wants and tries to get it up front. Of course, both do both (just to different degrees) and both ways work.

I don't think there's going to be a directors cut necessarily, but consider some things Snyder said to Collider back in 2013:

======

For fans like me – superfans – another 10-20 minutes, I would have no problem with it.

SNYDER: Of course not! I don’t know. I’m going to give that some thought but we really got to the point where – because there’s not cut. It’s not like the studio is forcing us to cut it.

But you do agree the audience, generally 2:20 is where they tap out.

SNYDER: They can, it depends if it’s a sequel. On a sequel you tend to give – you can get a little longer, you know what I mean?

Sure. I’m just saying, I’d love to see more footage and I’m hoping that you put some of that on the Blu-ray and I think we should announce now that you’re putting it on the Blu-ray.

SNYDER: Okay, very good.

That was noncommittal. I know you’re putting together the home video thing, is there going to be stuff like that, that fans can look forward to?

SNYDER: Yeah. I think there’s a lot of interesting stuff. There are a bunch of Easter eggs in the movie that I think is hard to see them.

======

The things to note is that the studio wasn't demanding a specific length and the Snyder feels a sequel can go a little longer. Additionally, while we might not get a director's cut, we might see more of that stuff as disc extras. Granted, Man of Steel didn't have any deleted scenes on the disc, but it included a full feature-length video commentary and multiple making-of documentaries. Especially given the long post-production time and the importance of BvS to the larger DC film slate, there's the potential for some really excellent, polished disc extras.

A lot of time, they don't want to show deleted scenes because of how raw and unfinished they look, but with ages (and perhaps some budget) to polish them up, they might be more willing to show us cut sequences after theatrical release. Maybe.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know if I should watch any footage tbh. I really want to see it, but then again I want to be completely surprised during the movie....goddamnit. I probably won't be able to control myself.

The Length of the movie is meaningless, if the movie is good they'll stick it out on a long movie like LOTR. It the movie is bad, then the movie can't be short enough.

I assume we're going to get a full theatrical trailer soon. The comic-con stuff was never shown in theaters (outside of some strange chopped down version for Imax.) It's about time they get something in the theaters to build hype.

Penguin

I assume we're going to get a full theatrical trailer soon. The comic-con stuff was never shown in theaters (outside of some strange chopped down version for Imax.) It's about time they get something in the theaters to build hype.

I feel like that's not true

Fairly certain it was on Ant-man for me

Yeah my ant-man had a slimmed down SDCC trailer attached to it for me. People liked seeing Gadot as WW.

I keep saying I don't want to see any more footage but I can't help myself. I hope the way they cut the trailers is for the first half of the movie and not so much whatever comes the BvS fight.

Hoping to see confirmation on Sean & Eva soon, I have no idea where they're planning to shoot WW though.

It's the car Clark drives so he leaves behind a paper trail in case anyone is suspicious.
That makes sense. Wait, no, that doesn't make sense. It has "SUPERMAN" written on its side. It's going to blow his cover if he drives it as Clark. Also, I figured Clark/Supes would drive an electric car. That doesn't look like an electric car to me.
Mattel doesn't care.
Perhaps they care too much.

Smart to make Trevor and the whole scenario of him finding Themyscira set during WW1, rather than a modern jet pilot or something like that

Yea, I find this premise faaar more interesting than a modern day Wonder Woman.

If in the future they make a present day WW flick, I hope the focus is on the greek mythological side vs hanging out in the U.S.

It's what I hope they do for a lot of the DC films, because they have the potential to be vastly different in tone and scope.

Superman movies dealing with human civilization on a global scale

Batman movies having the more smaller, character focused stories

Wonder Woman going Greek Mythology

Green Lantern movies taking place in space

Aquaman was starting to build up a really cool underwater world awhile back in the comics if I remember correctly. I would hope he stays underwater and explores.

a916

Yea, I find this premise faaar more interesting than a modern day Wonder Woman.

If in the future they make a present day WW flick, I hope the focus is on the greek mythological side vs hanging out in the U.S.

It's what I hope they do for a lot of the DC films, because they have the potential to be vastly different in tone and scope.

Superman movies dealing with human civilization on a global scale

Batman movies having the more smaller, character focused stories

Wonder Woman going Greek Mythology

Green Lantern movies taking place in space

Aquaman was starting to build up a really cool underwater world awhile back in the comics if I remember correctly. I would hope he stays underwater and explores.

Flash and Green Lantern, buddy cop comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom