• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting choice for a tease. Especially if rumors are true that it's
a nightmare sequence Bruce or Diana has.
I imagine the general viewer is just a touch confused right now. That being said, it hyped me. Still no Bats voice though.

It'll be a long two days...

Loxley

Interesting choice for a tease. Especially if rumors are true that it's
a nightmare sequence Bruce or Diana has.
I imagine the general viewer is just a touch confused right now. That being said, it hyped me. Still no Bats voice though.

It'll be a long two days...

Yeah, it definitely got my interest.

As expected, that other thread is already hilarious. Color me shocked at people finding a few dozen things to complain about based off of 35 seconds of footage where almost literally nothing happens aside from two characters looking at each other.

Tabby

As expected, that other thread is already hilarious. Color me shocked at people finding a few dozen things to complain about based off of 35 seconds of footage where almost literally nothing happens aside from two characters looking at each other.

I swear people just complain about anything and everything when it comes to Zack Snyder and DC movies.

Platy

Wonder Woman don't decapitate anyone in that clip .... that clip sucks

Maddocks

It looked amazing, but of course you will get the big marvel fans who hate anything different and will shit on anything even if it is only 35 seconds. I loved it and I said my peace in the thread, but I'm not going to stick around it to read nothing but negitivity. But that is why we have community where the drive by posters don't venture to just post,"to dark" and leave.

Bring it in brothers and sisters, we are not far from the new trailer, and not far from the movie. Soon everyone will join us in the sun.

My younger brother is pretty iffy on the footage, and laughed a bit at Batman's face and Superman's walk and expression. He's still hoping it turns out good, because he really wants some good DC movies, especially since they're starting a whole universe based on this. My older brother didn't even want to watch it. He just made fun of the first trailer. He thought the Comic-Con one was alright, but he's still pretty down on it.

Neither of my brother's really liked Man of Steel. They poke fun at it whenever it's brought up. I kinda liked it. I thought some stuff was weird or unnecessary, but I'd still watch it again, though.

I think it the new footage looks okay. I'm not really going to comment on anything until I see the movie, though. I'm really hoping it's great. Even if it's not, I'm still watching it in theaters. I can't miss out on watching Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the rest up on the big screen together for the first time ever.

It happens. Funny enough, The Avengers went through a similar phase. From Transformers 3 comparisons to loving Marvel. Being cynical or lacking perspective about popular isn't at a cost. There's no worst case because anybody can change their opinion. If Batman v Superman is well received, you'll start to see WB's DC projects get the benefit of the doubt. Right now it's all on Man of Steel, and you know, it is Man of Steel.

Serious dissection of the teaser teaser time, those two other guys hanging must be stoked to be captured with Batman.

a916

That clip shows exactly how little Snyder and Warner Bro know nothing about making a good movie they know nothing, cgi is bad, Cavill has a receding hairline

While that makes a lot of sense, I doubt it actually. Mostly because of the fact that it seems to be from Bruce's point of view. I do not think that if it was a vision, it would be so "personal".

That's the one thing keeping me from thinking it's an Amazonian vision. All the shots from this sequence feature Batman predominately.

I'm just loving that cowl, man Affleck is gonna kill this.

just the way the cowl doesn't lift or bubble when he moves his head. That's insane work. Blows me away.

The teaser was a teaser, not much to really go on. I'm doubting it will even play out the exact same in theaters. There will be context and music that helps set the mood. Especially the music, a lot of movies feel sterile without their score.

Rewatched Mad Max, Junkie XL's score is really good and I feel like it doesn't get mentioned enough when talking about the movie. Can't wait to see his & Zimmer's work on this movie.

I'm still betting on it being an oracle vision for Diana.
Its definitely a vision but im no longer thinking its Batman's.

Why would Batman imagine himself killing people for one, unless the point isn't to show evil Superman but what a Conqueror Superman would lead Batman to do.

Even then it works better as a vision telling Diana to step in so Batman doesn't become a killer and Superman stays his typical self.

a916

Has it been posted here that there's a rumor going around that Teen Titans is being rumored as a DCEU film? I always thought the best plan was for them to come out and say Cyborg... and the Teen Titans (just like the TV show which was really well praised)

Makes more sense now that they announced a Cyborg movie.

Penguin

Has it been posted here that there's a rumor going around that Teen Titans is being rumored as a DCEU film? I always thought the best plan was for them to come out and say Cyborg... and the Teen Titans (just like the TV show which was really well praised)

Makes more sense now that they announced a Cyborg movie.

I've heard the rumor... same one that suggested Birds of Prey movie and more diverse casting in the DCEU

A quick and shitty shop
6uOe4uQ.jpg

And people say white lenses wouldn't work for Batman

Loxley

A quick and shitty shop
6uOe4uQ.jpg

And people say white lenses wouldn't work for Batman

The white lenses are such a double-edged sword in a live action setting. They certainly add a bit of mystery and badass to the character (which is fitting for Batman), but you end up blocking a pivotal avenue for audiences to connect with an actor/character in the moment - their eyes.

For example, I think this whole teaser sequence...

...works so much better because you an see Affleck's expressions much more clearly than you otherwise would with the lenses.

But hey, as a consolation prize we're getting the glowing white eyes in the Robo-Batsuit, so that's something.

Agreed. White eyes are cool to see, but from experience the cost is Batman removing his mask for emotional scenes. Although the concept art has Batman with white pupils, contacts or digitally. Wouldn't mind seeing that attempted.

1slu3md.png

Loxley

If black panther has shown me anything so far, is that they would't. White contact lenses? Maybe, but hell no to static ones.

On a realted note, a suicide trailer is coming soon too! http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/suicide-squad-videotrailer

Wow, nearly three minutes? Hopefully we'll get a better idea of the story.

I have to remind myself that originally WB never planned on releasing that Comic-Con footage but the leaks forced their hand.

jett

D-Member
Wow, nearly three minutes? Hopefully we'll get a better idea of the story.

I have to remind myself that originally WB never planned on releasing that Comic-Con footage but the leaks forced their hand.

It'll probably be an official trailer for theaters that is highly similar to CC footage...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The CC footage was long but it was mostly made of shots showing the cast walking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom