• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get complaining about complaining, or complaining about fanbases. There are better uses for a thread.

Anyway, seeing the trinity together in live-action for the first time is so damn hype inducing.

XTbWPEQ.gif

5KLV7tO.gif

Didn't notice Superman's glowing hands upon first viewing, that's kinda cool. The group shot reminds me a bit of the opening movie for DC Universe Online, just with all the fire and debris flying around.

Maddocks

Holy fuck that was amazing

Well i guess this confirms it that 95% of gaf is marvel fans

Think that's been confirmed for awhile, they had a poll and it was heavy heavy heavy in marvels favor. DC fans are the fringe group. You want to see chaos? go back in the thread and say, "this trailer shits all over civil war trailer." and watch the walls of Babylon fall.

Edit: me not know how spell word

strafer

Think that's been confirmed for awhile, they had a pool and it was heavy heavy heavy in marvels favor. DC fans are the fringe group. You want to see chaos? go back in the thread and say, "this trailer shits all over civil war trailer." and watch the walls of Babylon fall.

Well, at least I have this thread.

Sambrez_

I'm sure that Doomsday will evolve during the fight. But it's kinda weird that he shoots raybeams from his eyes. He's more like Wraith from this point. Maybe there's a trick.

jey_16

Banned
i thought the trailer overall was pretty good, liked the few quips as well. Really the only slightly weird bit was the editing at the end with Bats being in the Batwing and then out of it

bryanee

Holy shit. BLOWN AWAY.

It confirms a good chunk of those rumours. And man Lex was great, I wasn't expecting to think that.

I said it earlier in that thread... people built this image of the movie in their heads. They've decided what it is. Any deviation from that, for good or ill, is punished. Because if it's a bad change from the movie in their head, then it's disappointing. And if it's a good change, than it's just not true to the movie.

The entirely fictional movie.

It's the Final Fantasy 7 Remake of comic book movies.

Another squad trailer so soon is surprising. We're still about 8 months out. Hoping to see some magic.

Rewatching the trailer, there's really not that much new footage in it besides Doomsday and Batman in the jet. We knew about Dinner party, the dream sequence, zodd battle already and there's a lot of shots from previous trailers.

The actual BvS fight looks like it will be amazing. We've seen like 3-4 different backdrops throughout their fight.

Another squad trailer so soon is surprising. We're still about 8 months out. Hoping to see some magic.

Rewatching the trailer, there's really not that much new footage in it besides Doomsday and Batman in the jet. We knew about Dinner party, the dream sequence, zodd battle already and there's a lot of shots from previous trailers.

The actual BvS fight looks like it will be amazing. We've seen like 3-4 different backdrops throughout their fight.

What, we will get a new Squad trailer soon ?????

Loxley

that trailer thread man....shit...I'm done.

Never seen so much negativity.

As someone who had to wade through four years of Hobbit movie threads - overwhelming negativity makes discussion of the topic on-hand fucking worthless (most of the time, anyway). It's particularly difficult when said discussion is about something that you personally are optimistic or keeping an open mind about.

Heck, here's the OT for the first Hobbit film - which was a magnum opus of OTs from Edmond Dantes. Now here's the Battle of the Five Armies OT two years later. Talking about these movies on GAF had become such an obnoxious experience and hype had become so deflated thanks to Desolation of Smaug that we debated even making a thread at all for BOFTA since we knew perfectly well how the discussion was going to go.

Aside from BvS, I'm going through that pleasant journey once again with the Warcraft film as well. Boy I sure do know how to pick my battles on this forum.

strafer

As someone who had to wade through four years of Hobbit movie threads - overwhelming negativity makes discussion of the topic on-hand fucking worthless (most of the time, anyway). It's particularly difficult when said discussion is about something that you personally are optimistic or keeping an open mind about.

Heck, here's the OT for the first Hobbit film - which was a magnum opus of OTs from Edmond Dantes. Now here's the Battle of the Five Armies OT two years later. Talking about these movies on GAF had become such an obnoxious experience and hype had become so deflated thanks to Desolation of Smaug that we debated even making a thread at all for BOFTA since we knew perfectly well how the discussion was going to go.

Aside from BvS, I'm going through that pleasant journey once again with the Warcraft film as well. Boy I sure do know how to pick my battles on this forum.

Why do you put yourself through that hell when you know the posts are coming? :D

jrush64

Banned
Wow I'm glad I found this thread again. That other thread is just so.. urgh. Can't even have a conversation about the movie without it being about the same old complaints.

Anyways, the trailer looks so damn good. I'm not too happy with the doomsday reveal though but it's not a big deal.

The trailer is hype everytime I watch it. But I do agree about how much it showed. I was very surprised.

But I am confused tbh.

I think there is one or two things we don't really know as of now. Doomsday is a decoy. They've been taking so long to make this movie and they're very careful with it.

Also, we've seen 1 teaser, 1 clip and two full blown trailers.

a lot of footage was reused and some of the dialogue too. I am pretty excited to see what the other 2h 25min are. (estimated length)

But I am confused tbh.

I think there is one or two things we don't really know as of now. Doomsday is a decoy. They've been taking so long to make this movie and they're very careful with it.

a lot of footage was reused and some of the dialogue too. I am pretty excited to see what the other 2h 25min are. (estimated length)

Yea I'm sure there will be more surprises.

PBY

Banned
I understand y'all are hyped - but people (like myself) can think that trailer looked like absolute trash without having some weird marvel bias. I don't even like comics, thought this trailer was juvenile backwash.

jrush64

Banned
I understand y'all are hyped - but people (like myself) can think that trailer looked like absolute trash without having some weird marvel bias. I don't even like comics, thought this trailer was juvenile backwash.

Nah dude, I don't think it's about marvel bias. Its that right from the moment it was announced, it's just been hated on. Like some people are just determined to hate on it and want it to fail.

PBY

Banned
Nah dude, I don't think it's about marvel bias. Its that right from the moment it was announced, it's just been hated on. Like some people are just determined to hate on it and want it to fail.
Yeah I disagree with that too.

I think people may be skeptical, considering how bad MOS was ( or at least that's my view). Doesn't mean they want it to fail.

ryan299

But I am confused tbh.

New rumor from faraci says it is
darkseid
who gives Bruce the nightmare about superman hence those parademons that came out of nowhere.

He also says there are more batman world cameos

I've said this a ton in that thread, but let me make it super clear: other than a few people who really do have a persecution complex, the issues most of the people in this thread have are not with guys like you who say "I didn't like the trailer, and here's why" and then deliver a cogent argument.

My issue is with the hordes who descened on any thread with the letters "BvS" in it and basically just say stuff like "it sucks because reasons." They build strawmen, invent and deliberately misconstrue scenes, nitpick endlessly and generally contribute nothing of worth.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah I disagree with that too.

I think people may be skeptical, considering how bad MOS was ( or at least that's my view). Doesn't mean they want it to fail.
I think you underestimate how childish people can be on this forum. Hell in the anonymous confessions thread some dude confessed that he actively hates and hopes Indivisible fails funding "just because"
Then you have others constantly hopping into NPD and sales threads eagerly waiting to shit on Halo 5 last month. It definitely happens in movies too

Ahasverus

I hated the trailer. Hated hated hated it. I hated the bad cgi, the whedon type quips, the Lex Luthor, the (stock) music.. Etc. Hype deflated. Why did they have to spoil everything smh.

Ahasverus

So now any hero banter equals Whedon-type quips?

Bruce and Clark are like that with eachother whenever they team up. Check out the Superman/Batman comic
You're supposed to use the good parts of comic books, not the corny ones. I don't hate /every/ banter, just the "Does she come with you? - I thought she came wiith you" psrt. You almost fucking died, Batman.

You know, I hope this was a "family trailer" for Star Wars, I think that's the case as it doesn't seem like a Snyder sanctioned one.

Yager

Banned
I don't really see how the trailer give away "too much". I mean, the only new thing is Doomsday, everything else was already known/shown. And don't get me started with the "why would they show Batman and Superman fighting together as a team?", like anybody believed that they wouldn't team up in a movie that has Dawn of Justice in it's fucking title.

Btw. is there a Suicide Squad production thread or can we talk about it here ?

Also, where does this "a new Squad trailer is coming soon" info come from?

Effect

Doomsday looks unfinished, it really needs the spikes.

He should I believe. If I'm remembering the comic correctly those spikes appear as the fight with Superman takes place. He didn't start with them at the start of the fight. Everyone seems to just remember the very end of the fight or how he looks once it's over and not the fight itself.

The criminals branded with bat symbols is weird, and seems out of character for Batman. Considering we also got that shot of the Robin costume and we know the Joker is out there, what are the odds that they're setting up a Red Hood storyline and it's Jason framing Batman or something along those lines with the brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom