• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like shooting him into space and having him end up on Apokalips where Darkseid casually obliterates him with his Omega Beams.

That didn't go well for Darkseid in the comics

4039914-ddbeatingds.jpg

People say they hate the worf effect but I love that shit. I like to see my big villain do stuff, even though darkseid is more of a planner.

I still have to read hunter/prey, assuming that's what story it's from. I should have picked up during Comixology's BOGO, hope they have that next year.

People say they hate the worf effect but I love that shit. I like to see my big villain do stuff, even though darkseid is more of a planner.

I still have to read hunter/prey, assuming that's what story it's from. I should have picked up during Comixology's BOGO, hope they have that next year.

Darkseid gets his own badass moment later in that story anyway.

It's a good story! If you want to read about Superman and Doomsday punching each other that is.

Effect

He's kinda right. The fight starts with Doomsday in a full-body (and head) concealing suit, but as soon as that gets ripped he's clearly got the spikes. I do think they might get bigger, and his hair gets longer/looser, as the fight goes on, but they're definitely there at the start. If that is what Snyder's doing, it'll be the first time it's been done.

I guess I should have said more appear. In the trailer he does have some already but they're small. I expect they'll get bigger and more will appear as they fight so he matches the comic more. Snyder has been faithful to the source material for the most part. So I expect he'll be here.

What's the precedent for receiving an action figure? All the hot takes of the trailer spoiling everything, might we be surprised by Aquaman throwing down at the end.

What's the precedent for receiving an action figure? All the hot takes of the trailer spoiling everything, might we be surprised by Aquaman throwing down at the end.

mmm, I'd like to think if there's a character that receives a toy, they're in the movie in some fashion, but they might not have that gettup or equipment.

Which makes another certain toy picture very interesting and might change a lot of people's complaints about a certain character. I don't think they've revealed everything and I don't think
Batman is the one shooting bullets at Superman in some scenes of the trailer.

Batman tell tale game just announced on stream for VGA. Interesting, curious if it's Gordon or just the Batman.

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/1...atman-for-2016

“At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year,” said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. “This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”

a916

b02d6b484966d588d99ff74feea1748b90915c9142c4a2db8fa33bde069e5640.jpg

Supes will probably go one on one against Doom-D and won't be able to take him out.
This is probably the first encounter.

Or kill him and he comes back, evolved and growing a resistance to said method of killing. He get's impaled in the chest by wonder woman's sword? Bone chest armor now in play. He get's punched in the face by Superman? Bone beard/teeth.

Dcube

I dunno, both those doomsday designs look fine to me. Either way works, just gimme some cool fight shit going down. Oh..and cause some excessive destruction ;)

Or kill him and he comes back, evolved and growing a resistance to said method of killing. He get's impaled in the chest by wonder woman's sword? Bone chest armor now in play. He get's punched in the face by Superman? Bone beard/teeth.

When do they summon the megazord?

I think they'll make it a little more reactive for pacing purposes; having everybody stand around and go "okay, is he dead for real this time" every time he falls over would really screw with the rhythm of the fight. Having him react to injury would probably be a better call.

Loxley

I'm going to keep an open mind regarding Doomsday's design. The protruding bone/rock things are such an iconic aspect of the character's look that I see no purpose in making them as insignificant as they appear to be in the trailer. So for the time being I'll go along with the theory that he comes closer to his look in the comics and continues to mutate as the fight progresses.

My guess is Doomsday changed for the same reason Ultron and Lizard did. All to better capture facial expressions. It's safe to assume Michael Shannon wasn't simply brought back for body motion capture. I don't know. Darth Vader and recently Bane work on body language and voice performance. Contradicting myself a bit for saying Batman shouldn't have white lenses for the very reason.

Sambrez_

cross posting

Could there be something not so nice happening behind the scenes ?

He must be hard at work on Justice League, plus the marketing is handled by a very different team. I'm sure he gave his input, but I wouldn't stress on the fact that he's silent. He's never very loquacius.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
LOL I love this... he's very clearly not "smiling smiling" It's a small smirk, his eyes don't sell it because he's not actually happy. Affleck is going to kill it without using dialogue.
The smirk was straight up boss, Affleck is gonna carry this film. No wonder WB wants an Affleck Batman solo flick so soon.

Effect

Yup done with the OT thread and perhaps them going forward as far as DCEU films are really concerned. It's fine to have concerns about things. To think maybe to much was shown or not. It's the level of stupid, hyperbole, and general hypocriticalness that is on display from many of the people there has caused me to reach my limit.

Tabby

Yup done with the OT thread and perhaps them going forward as far as DCEU films are really concerned. It's fine to have concerns about things. To think maybe to much was shown or not. It's the level of stupid, hyperbole, and general hypocriticalness that is on display from many of the people there has caused me to reach my limit.
Same. I should have saw it coming be honest. At least we still have this thread.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the Age of Apocalypse trailer thread is gonna be the same, anything that's not shit out by Marvel Studios gets insane hate on gaf.

Guys, what do you think of this? Neil Patrick Harris open to play The Riddler: http://comicbook.com/2015/12/02/neil-patrick-harris-open-to-playing-the-riddler-in-batman-movie/

I like the guy, but I don't know if he would be a good choice.

Riddler would be cool. I liked NPH's BTAB episode. I think he'd be a cool Trickster or Pied Piper as well.

I'm pretty sure it's doomsday and I'm going with the evolutionary theory. They wouldn't just put the stubs of his horns there for no reason. Consider it a surprise for the real movie.

Still 3 months away :(. Hoping for squad announcement or superman game announcement at PSX, WB & Sony seem to have a strong relationship.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
Riddler would be cool. I liked NPH's BTAB episode. I think he'd be a cool Trickster or Pied Piper as well.

I'm pretty sure it's doomsday and I'm going with the evolutionary theory. They wouldn't just put the stubs of his horns there for no reason. Consider it a surprise for the real movie.

Still 3 months away :(. Hoping for squad announcement or superman game announcement at PSX, WB & Sony seem to have a strong relationship.

Here's to hoping.

Loxley

I guess this is the "gun" he is holding at the end

CVYjPpyWEAMELv8.jpg:large

And up close look at Aquaman

CVY6x4CU4AAQzBX.jpg

Ahh a grenade launcher, that makes sense for fighting Doomsday. I figured it had to be some sort of specialized firearm and not just a straight-up SMG like some people were thinking. Also, man I can't wait to see Momoa in action.

Gun or no gun, I'll honestly be letdown if Batman fights alongside Superman and Wonder Woman. Or against any foe that outclasses him in future films. I want the Batgod with restraint.

I look to the Black Widow treatment at Marvel. Winter Soldier is reasonably smart about her role. She does spy work, and though ineffectual against the Winter Soldier in a straight brawl, outwits him to get a few hits in. Seeing her and Hawkeye in The Avengers in the same role as Hulk and Thor is really lame. It's having toolbox filled with hammers.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
It is interesting how Snyder hasn't tweeted anything about it when he has for all previous trailers. That and the fact that the trailer doesn't feel like a Snyder trailer at all to me. The weird staccato editing with the music, the joke at the end, generic epic music. I hope there's no bad blood or anything.

a916

It is interesting how Snyder hasn't tweeted anything about it when he has for all previous trailers. That and the fact that the trailer doesn't feel like a Snyder trailer at all to me. The weird staccato editing with the music, the joke at the end, generic epic music. I hope there's no bad blood or anything.

I would probably doubt it just because this is par for the course for usually every single movie. The fact that Snyder does his always is probably the aberration in all this. Maybe the same reason he can't tweet it, is the same reason because he didn't do it, he's too busy maybe?

ryan299

Most directors usually just cut the teaser and then focus on editing, so I'm not shocked that this isn't from Snyder if true. This trailers sole purpose is to excite people who are going to see SW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom