• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Toys is playing with my emotions right now.

yRtQEBA.jpg

Gleethor

It strikes me that a number of this film's detractors seem like they have fundamental issues with the basic premise, actual quality and execution notwithstanding.

Loxley

Dunno if this was shared in the ComicsGAF thread, but DC started up a dedicated "DC Fans" YouTube channel last week.

Welcome to the DC FANS Channel - the official YouTube Channel devoted to YOU-the DC Fan.

We’re showcasing our favorite videos made by fans, for fans, of the vast DC Universe.

We love what you’ve been doing, and we want your voice to be heard.

Do you have a DC related video on your channel that we should check out? Visit www.dcomics.com/dcfanschannel for more information.

Pretty much nothing there at the moment, but I'll be interested to see the kinds of things they end up sharing.

Loxley

Not much, but more evidence to support the rumor about the GL Corps movie being a buddy-movie with both Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

It's likely no surprise that the forthcoming Green Lantern Corps film from Warner Bros. will feature both Hal Jordan and John Stewart, the two best-known characters to wear the ring of Green Lantern.

Still, Cinefilos says that they've just seen some concept art that features both characters -- possibly the same or similar art as was seen at Comic Con International: San Diego.

Exhibited at the Professional Days of Cinema of Sorrento, the piece of art was part of a video presentation looking forward on the DC Entertainment movies that are rolling out starting in March with Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Green Lantern Corps is due in theaters in June 2020.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I've watched the new trailer at least 20 times and I'm fairly close to declaring Affleck as the best live action Bruce Wayne ever. He's perfect and that's not a word I use often.

Which Lantern gets the League spot? That's what I want to know.

My wish is an old Hal and young John, with Timothy Olyphant as Hal.

I think that if they could pry Nathan Fillion away from Castle (and get him to lose the weight he's put on), he'd be perfect for an older, more experienced Hal.

Odoul

I think the first Justice League won't have any Lantern.

I also don't think Cyborg will be a cyborg in BvS or Justice League (at least until towards the end).

Based on nothing of course, just a hunch.

tim1138

I think the first Justice League won't have any Lantern.

I also don't think Cyborg will be a cyborg in BvS or Justice League (at least until towards the end).

Based on nothing of course, just a hunch.

I think they're going to save the first Lantern appearance for the second Justice League movie, and then the Corps will show up en masse to help take down Brainiac/Darkseid/whoever the big cosmic level threat is.

Frog-fu

Banned
DC should get Shane Black to write or at least consult on the Green Lantern Corps buddy cop film.

I want my superhero Lethal Weapon buddy cop space adventure romp.

Also, this is a role Idris Elba could actually be young enough to play for a couple of years.

Latest rumor was Hal/John, but I'd like to see Guy/Kyle. I don't hate Hal/John but neither of them seem to bring anything to the table personality wise that isn't already there. Meanwhile Guy is more of a firecracker and has an abrasive personality. I like Kyle's compassion and his take on constructs.

Effect

I think that depends on what they do with Cyborg. They already put it out there that Cyborg would get his own movie. It besides Black Panther will be one of the two modern super hero films staring a black actor. A first for DC films. Where as before there was Blade but people don't seem to count that for some reason and that always annoys. I get though that it's not apart of the MCU.

If they take that status away from Cyborg and they make that film a Teen Titans film (which I think is more marketable unless Cyborg blows up in popularity with Justice League) which is being rumored they can't go back on that stance of having a film with a black lead in THE staring role. They would be rightfully raked over the coals. If they switch the character they are doing it with then they're fine. You can then center Green Lantern around John and make it clear he's the main character. Or you can try to drop in Black Lightning if it's not to late and spin him off if he goes well. Same with Vixen.

If they somehow keep Cyborg I see Hal getting the main focus in the GL movie and John getting the Justice League spot.

Honestly though I'd rather have John and Guy. They're the two most interesting human Green Lanterns to me. I still thing there is way to much crap attached to Hal's name. I really hope Geoff Johns does not get his way and pushes Hal.

The thing that holds me back from not wanting Hal Jordan is his story with Sinestro. Sinestro's story and corps is such a cool aspect of GL mythology and he's heavily tied to Hal Jordan. While they could easily insert any of the lanterns as the rookie who becomes Sinestro's partner, a part of me doubts they'll do that with Johns on board their creative council. I think Snyder said he was a fan of Hal too, but I don't know how much weight he carries.

Frog-fu

Banned
They gotta have John Stewart to up their diversity game. He can also be the straight man to Jordan's funny man.

Riggs and Murtaugh in space.

Loxley

One possible theory: Hal will be the Green lantern in Justice League Parts 1&2 - but they'll plant a seed about the Guardians wanting him to have support because of whatever inevitable cosmic threat the League takes on. Then for the Green Lantern Corps film (which really won't be that much farther way by the time Justice League hits) half the film will be based around John Stewart's New Earth origin and building his relationship with Hal:

John Stewart was an architect who was selected by the Guardians of the Universe as Hal Jordan's backup after Guy Gardner was seriously injured in a disaster. Although, Jordan objected after seeing that Stewart had a belligerent attitude to authority figures, the Guardians stood by their selection. Jordan complied and recruited and equipped Stewart with the standard uniform and power ring.

To Jordan, Stewart's first mission began badly with the assignment of protecting a racist politician and Stewart took advantage of averting an accident to embarrass him in the process. However, Stewart soon proved his worth when an apparent African American assassin shot at the politician, but Stewart refused to intervene with Jordan to move in response to the attack. However, Stewart had good reasons for this apparent dereliction of duty when he stopped a gunman from killing a police officer in the outside parking lot at the event while Jordan was pursuing a decoy. When Jordan confronted Stewart for his actions, Stewart effectively explained the situation of the ruse and the fact the politician staged it for political advantage. With that adventure, Jordan concluded that Stewart was an excellent recruit after all.

Then by the end of the film Jordan & Stewart have defeated whatever obstacle the third act throws at them and they become bestest buddies.

kmfdmpig

Latest rumor was Hal/John, but I'd like to see Guy/Kyle. I don't hate Hal/John but neither of them seem to bring anything to the table personality wise that isn't already there. Meanwhile Guy is more of a firecracker and has an abrasive personality. I like Kyle's compassion and his take on constructs.

I agree 100%. Buddy movies work when characters have some personality to them. Hal/John are both fairly flat whereas Guy or Kyle have much more personality to them. Even Guy/John or Kyle/John would work better than Hal/John.

I agree 100%. Buddy movies work when characters have some personality to them. Hal/John are both fairly flat whereas Guy or Kyle have much more personality to them. Even Guy/John or Kyle/John would work better than Hal/John.

What they'll probably do is steal some of Kyle's personality and give it to Hal. So then you get the somewhat laid back but experienced Jordan contrasted with the serious and inexperienced Stewart.

I really like the idea that Hal's been a Lantern for a while even as the events of MoS are happening, and the reason why Earth (and Earth's sector) gets a second Lantern is because it's clearly going to be such a trouble spot.

Man, this movie is packed.

What about
Cyborg?

Wasn't there a gotham vs metropolis football game scene recorded? I'm sure he's one of the players. He probably won't get his suit until JL though.

I think Amboyer is Hal as well. So that's all the league members besides Billy, assuming they're using the new 52 league lineup.

IconGrist

Wasn't there a gotham vs metropolis football game scene recorded? I'm sure he's one of the players. He probably won't get his suit until JL though.

When Terrio rewrote Goyer's script that scene was scrapped. All we know is Victor Stone has a cameo but we don't know the context.

This part interested me.

"Already on the panel, Wilkinson talked about Lex Luthor, revealing that the look of the villain will evolve over the other films in DC."

So maybe Lex won't end up bald in BvS but rather in the next Superman solo movie.

Dead

well not really...yet
When Terrio rewrote Goyer's script that scene was scrapped. All we know is Victor Stone has a cameo but we don't know the context.

This part interested me.

"Already on the panel, Wilkinson talked about Lex Luthor, revealing that the look of the villain will evolve over the other films in DC."

So maybe Lex won't end up bald in BvS but rather in the next Superman solo movie.
Wouldn't make much sense since they already revealed Eisenberg's Bald Lex way back

Loxley

This movie is so packed. What a trainwreck. Batman v Superman: Rush to the Justice League.

I'm glad Barry Allen isn't going to bulky. Never did understand why a superhero with super speed is muscular and bulky when he shouldn't be.

#Trainwreck confirmed

#ClusterFuck confirmed

Frog-fu

Banned
This movie is so packed. What a trainwreck. Batman v Superman: Rush to the Justice League.

I'm glad Barry Allen isn't going to bulky. Never did understand why a superhero with super speed is muscular and bulky when he shouldn't be.

We have a skinny Barry Allen on the CW show. He looks fucking awful.

The Flash is a speedster. His body pretty much has to be a perfect specimen.

Ross61

What does DC getting rid of Goyer in favor of Terrio mean exactly? Did they see that Goyer's script wasn't gonna cut it? And do ya'll have faith in Terrio over Goyer?

IconGrist

What does DC getting rid of Goyer in favor of Terrio mean exactly? Did they see that Goyer's script wasn't gonna cut it? And do ya'll have faith in Terrio over Goyer?

Most people would agree that Man of Steel's biggest issue was its script. They replaced Goyer with someone more competent that has an Academy Award to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom